Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 2:15 AM
Default Please say "excuse me", or "better out than in"...
While I was wrestling with some of my Sims' inability to take in nutrition from their food, it occurred to me that there's entirely too much belching happening at Sim tables... Now, I spend a fair amount of time in barrooms, so I don't especially mind a good belch here and there, and I understand that in some cultures it's appropriate to give a good loud burp at the end of a meal to show the host that you enjoyed yourself. But not every three seconds, accompanied by the "I have terrible heartburn" esophagus-pounding gesture. I get that it's written into the game that slovenly Sims will behave more rudely than others, but c'mon... if you're uncontrollably belching that much in real life, it's time to see a doctor or something. Perhaps it's a function of the abovementioned non-digestion glitch that it's happening a little too often in my Sim households. But it just seems more prevalent than it should perhaps be.
Nothing useful came up as I searched for solutions, other than one pie menu mod which allows Sims to belch on command, along with a slew of other disgusting actions. If other Sims were at least to react to it - say "tsk tsk", or wag their fingers or something, perhaps prompting a sheepish look from the offender, then it might pass for slightly amusing.
Any fixes for this? Something on MATY, perhaps? Is it covered in "eat civilized"? If so, then something else in my downloads folder is conflicting with that mod (and possibly causing the other problem I described). Whatchyou guys think?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 9:54 AM
Even in a barroom, who gets up from the table and farts on the plates of the people still eating!?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 3:58 PM
Sims tend to fart or burp autonomously if they have 4 neat points or less (especially if they're a slob, with 0-2 neat points).

A Google search indicates that TwoJeffs had a mod to reduce the belching/burping/farting, it's probably in the Simfileshare archive from Simbology that's been floating around.

Giving them a few more neat points could help (lots of mods can do that, such as the SimBlender or similar).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Even in a barroom, who gets up from the table and farts on the plates of the people still eating!?

*simsample puts hand up*
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Sims tend to fart or burp autonomously if they have 4 neat points or less (especially if they're a slob, with 0-2 neat points).

A Google search indicates that TwoJeffs had a mod to reduce the belching/burping/farting, it's probably in the Simfileshare archive from Simbology that's been floating around.

Giving them a few more neat points could help (lots of mods can do that, such as the SimBlender or similar).

Thanks, I'll look into that.