Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 8:58 AM
Default New Talent Badges for "Hobbies"?
Do You think it'd be possible to have something like this? I assume it would be and I'd love to see it happen. Like a bronze badge in knitting, the sim would know how to make hats and such, then sell them (with OFB) or donate them (which whould be a new social.)

So what's your take on having talent badges for each hobby? Or Should we completely scrap it and use skills, or just have something new for the hell of it.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 9:15 AM
I dunno...I'd like talent badges but I'd LOVE a whole new category of skills or two to study...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 11:42 AM
Not sure about this either... I think I'd prefer Talent Badges to normal skills. As long as it involves a bit more than just working for badges. Like I said in a different post, for cooking I'd still want to find ingredients, and for knitting having to buy wool or something like that. Etc. A bit more challenging. Not just... make your sim work, fast forward until they've got a gold badge, and voila. I guess that's why I loved the gardening badges in Seasons, it involved a bit more work and strategy than say, those flower/toys benches that came with OFB. .__.

For knitting... I'd love to be able to give knitted stuff away as well! Sims should be able to wear what they made though! That would be cute. I would make a grandma sim and let her knit sweaters (and other stuff that would only be available through knitting, so not in CAS or something) for her grandchildren

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 12:20 PM
Dorka: Yeah that'd be great! Sims just starting out at knitting could end up having faults with what their making, e.g 3 arms, and when they give it as a gift sims with nice personality points would accept and people who are mean will reject.
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 9:20 PM
I say yes! Anything that expands the characters and gives them more opportunities for individuality is great by me! Too many of my sims are exactly the same because there are only so many combinations of aspirations and personalities....
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:39 AM
Heck, new talent badges, aspirations, skill points, and personality points! LOL

It still amazes me that they haven't created any new life stages OR aspirations since Nightlife.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:56 AM
I would love to see new ANYTHING personally... Badges maybe not so much as skills or aspirations but that would be pretty awesome if they added some of those new.. :D

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Styledx
Dorka: Yeah that'd be great! Sims just starting out at knitting could end up having faults with what their making, e.g 3 arms, and when they give it as a gift sims with nice personality points would accept and people who are mean will reject.

Lmao!! I love that 3 arms idea!! That would be so hilarious! :D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 11:00 PM
Default really if hobbies?
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Do You think it'd be possible to have something like this? I assume it would be and I'd love to see it happen. Like a bronze badge in knitting, the sim would know how to make hats and such, then sell them (with OFB) or donate them (which whould be a new social.)

So what's your take on having talent badges for each hobby? Or Should we completely scrap it and use skills, or just have something new for the hell of it.

talent skill bum or something more entaining vandal? I don't see that often why not make city where you can go around make you sim run from police force?
if he has poor skills to vault places there chance he get caught.
I might be reading too much of other games. but it break the other games ideas.
vandal> bum> worker who knows really...freetime could also mean anything.
home wife or home husband.
get talent badges for repairing the roof? I am little upset sims couldn't build their own roof? Why instead they in sims 2 for sims to make their home?
if they had plenty hands and think about it wouldn't that be funny...the sim you want to die actually ended up dying in attic that died when he forgot to install the door himself. Everyone except the dog forgot about him?

builder talent badge would be something to have in free time. Like building ponds and.
gardener talent badge come better scale like actually planting or transplanting plants. arborist?
I not sure I bringing more questions but I little unhappy with sims 2 seasons maybe because of lack of...I was hoping to see rapid riding..or something where chances of sims would die more often?
frozen sims were quite interesting.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 11:15 PM
I loved the whole system of getting badges and learning life skills. I would have been thrilled to get more of them! A skill for taking care of pets (like with babies) and a badge for training them, or a badge for being a talented musician. I mean, you can sell a great painting or write a great novel, but you can't compose a great symphony no matter how much you perform, which is kinda missing in the artistic side.

And for the people that like aliens so much, maybe another life skill of "understanding the mysteries of the universe" or something similar. Then they could lay down on the grass during night and "wish upon a shooting star" that actually would be an UFO and abducts them. More or less a back-door way, like knowledge sims have that calling to UFOs advantage.

Oh, and the two hidden skills of dance and billiard. I'd actually like to have badges of that too, to know for sure how much I must still practice them until reaching perfection...