Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 4:01 PM Last edited by indefinite : 26th Apr 2024 at 5:41 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Error log when trying to use telescope?
WhatCausedThis couldn't pinpoint if I have any conflicting mods, which I find a little odd. Anyone experienced enough with error logs to tell me what it's about?

Edit: I should clarify that I also tried to have Dina stargaze as well, but it resulted in the same error log.

Edit 2: CJ's More Abductions turned out to be the culprit. Again I seem to have troubles with reading comprehension since they did make it very clear that it's not compatible with FT. The more you know lol
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t20359.txt (113.6 KB, 7 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2024 at 10:50 PM
If that function isn't being overridden, you must have a mod that's overriding that constant table to remove some constants, probably because it hasn't been updated for Free Time. You'll probably need to do a binary search to find it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 9:17 AM
Alright... how do I do a binary search, that sounds like something you do with SimPE?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 11:37 AM
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 3:53 PM
There's also the HCDU+ and "What caused this?" (error log reader)

http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...s/HcduPlus.html
http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...CausedThis.html

Could be helpful before doing a binary search (also called 50/50 search), in case there's just a mod conflict.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...he_50.25_Method

Oh, I didn't know that had another word for it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There's also the HCDU+ and "What caused this?" (error log reader)

http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...s/HcduPlus.html
http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/N...CausedThis.html

Could be helpful before doing a binary search (also called 50/50 search), in case there's just a mod conflict.

I have both of those programs and like I mentioned before, WhatCausedThis couldn't pinpoint any mods conflicting. Will go through HCDU too
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 5:04 AM
It's very likely to just be an outdated mod, I doubt there's any mod conflicts causing this. The mod that's causing this might be conflicting with something else, but the problem is that it wasn't updated for Free Time, not that it's conflicting with something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 9:43 AM
It's very likely to just be an outdated mod, I doubt there's any mod conflicts causing this. The mod that's causing this might be conflicting with something else, but the problem is that it wasn't updated for Free Time, not that it's conflicting with something.

Ah, got it. I must've missed that. Luckily I don't have as many mods as before since I had to reinstall everything, so finding the culprit shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 5:09 PM
It's not mentioned on the 50-25 method page, so I very much recommend backing up the hood before beginning and then restoring the backup only once everything's fixed.

If you pull a mod with a token (ACR, Monique's banking system, Name the Father, etc) the now-invalid tokens tend to get zapped when loading the neighbourhood.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It's not mentioned on the 50-25 method page, so I very much recommend backing up the hood before beginning and then restoring the backup only once everything's fixed.

If you pull a mod with a token (ACR, Monique's banking system, Name the Father, etc) the now-invalid tokens tend to get zapped when loading the neighbourhood.

I didn't really think of that... Though I didn't use that method itself when trying to pinpoint the mod. I have separate folders for my mods and I just halved the folders instead of the packages in order to make the process faster. Any idea whether HoodChecker would be able to clean those up? I also have BO's No Sim Loaded (Midge's version) though I don't know if it works like that :P

Even if they didn't, the good thing is that I only just started my Pleasantview so if I messed up somewhere, I won't feel too bad about restarting the hood (Pleasantview is the only one I have launched since I reinstalled my game so no other hoods are affected).
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 6:14 PM
Absolutely do a backup, especially if you have hoods you want to keep.

There are other mods that can cause various issues if pulled - NPC mods (rideable animals/items, like the ones by Rebecah), multi-PT or multi-plantsim mods, mods that add memories, and probably more as well.

If you pull CAS or build/buy items, then accidentally save or do something that causes the game to autosave progress, you could end up with lots and sims wearing EAxis items instead of CC items, even if you put back the CC.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 7:57 PM
If you pull CAS or build/buy items, then accidentally save or do something that causes the game to autosave progress, you could end up with lots and sims wearing EAxis items instead of CC items, even if you put back the CC.

Over a thousand lawn flamingos stuck off-world.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th Apr 2024 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

There's a recommendation to backup in the warning just above that:
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...tent#Warning.21
That links to the backup page. I know, because I helped to write it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 8:28 AM
Absolutely do a backup, especially if you have hoods you want to keep.

There are other mods that can cause various issues if pulled - NPC mods (rideable animals/items, like the ones by Rebecah), multi-PT or multi-plantsim mods, mods that add memories, and probably more as well.

I do make backups very often, usually before launching my game as I always run HoodChecker before playing, and also whenever I need to use SimPE for something. This time I just simply forgot to make one. So I do have an existing backup, though it's not from before I started fiddling with my mods to resolve this issue. So if something happens I'll have no choice but to restart my hood, but I'm completely fine with that.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 9:04 AM
You can also just test in a test hood. As long as you don't load your real hood, nothing about it will change.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 9:32 AM
You can also just test in a test hood. As long as you don't load your real hood, nothing about it will change.

That I did do! So I guess it's all good