Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 7:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default 4GB Patch
Hi.
So my problem is: I was trying install the "original" 4GB patch but sadly it doesn't work. (I have windows 8.1 intel video card. and I have sims 2 ultimate collection) Then I read about George's 4GB patch so I really wanted to try it, because my game crashed quite a lot, and there was purple light flashing. ( sorry i don't know what's the correct name) So, I renamed the Sims2EP9.exe to "old" and i was trying unzip George's Sims2EP9 file into the TSBin folder but nothing happened. My WinRAR program said "there's nothing to unzip". In consequence i have a distroyed game and I'm helpless.
Does anybody know how can i unzip that file in the right place or "fix" the old sims2EP9 old file without reinstalling?

Thank you for the answer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 8:08 PM
Try 7zip - WinRAR might not be able to unzip all kinds of files, but 7zip is pretty decent and handles more formats, even the ones that show up "empty" for some other unzip programs.

Try to open up the zipped folder and move the file manually, so you can see if there's actually something in there. Windows may not like when you try to unzip directly to the install folder.

Have you tried copying the exact name (Sims2EP9) and renaming the "old" file again?

If that doesn't work and if you have CDs (or some other way of looking through the install files, depending on game version - might not work for UC) you can try to copy the file directly from the disc, so you don't have to reinstall the game. For the UC (if you have it via Origin) you can try to repair via Origin, but make sure to backup any files you want to keep in the Install files and in your saved game, because the repair function is a reset of the install files.

For the patch, you either need to make sure you do it with admin privilegies, or copy the EXE file to the desktop, run the patch, then move the file back to the folder. Otherwise Windows either won't save the settings or refuses to do anything.