Replies: 4799 (Who?), Viewed: 283866 times.
Page 189 of 192
Scholar
#4701 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 6:05 PM
That WereGuruWolf tweet is what I have come to expect from those gurus. Utter bs to defend their cheap ass new features. The whole reason why TS4 werewolves look like that is because it saves on development. They can just use the same animations again.

Besides, talking animals in cartoons like The Lion King are not furries. They are not walking upright or living in houses.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4702 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 7:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat

If by all 90's cartoons he means kiddie cartoons, then I guess. From where I'm sitting, it is Bugs Bunny or bust. If Ninja doesn't mean just cartoons for kids, then that's a nope.

Naaaah. It may not seem like it, but there does seem to be a difference between a cartoon animal with human features and a furry. Though I'm no expert on this. Just kind of a shot in the dark. Characters like Bugs Bunny, Roger Rabbit, Tom and Jerry, and a good chunk of Digimon? I wouldn't call them furries....depending on how they're drawn, but that's Rule 34 for ya lol

Tony the Tiger and the 90s Lola Bunny? That's a....maybe.

Zootopia, Beastars, these TS4 werewolves? 100% furry stereotype

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#4703 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
That WereGuruWolf tweet is what I have come to expect from those gurus. Utter bs to defend their cheap ass new features. The whole reason why TS4 werewolves look like that is because it saves on development. They can just use the same animations again.

Besides, talking animals in cartoons like The Lion King are not furries. They are not walking upright or living in houses.

So you're saying that desiging a whole other form for Sims to turn into, with unique meshes and textures (no matter how much you like or dislike them) uses less development than what they did with werewolves in TS2 or 3? TS2 werewolves were regular Sims with a hairy texture applied and TS3 werewolves were more like hairy humans with fangs.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#4704 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 8:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
I'm guessing that a player would need the Paranormal pack to fear these things, just in case one of them wanders off to another world. Otherwise, the appearance of them would be no different than that of seeing an alien.

Why would you need Paranormal for Sims to fear? The scared emotion was patched into the base game.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#4705 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 9:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Naaaah. It may not seem like it, but there does seem to be a difference between a cartoon animal with human features and a furry. Though I'm no expert on this. Just kind of a shot in the dark. Characters like Bugs Bunny, Roger Rabbit, Tom and Jerry, and a good chunk of Digimon? I wouldn't call them furries....depending on how they're drawn, but that's Rule 34 for ya lol

Tony the Tiger and the 90s Lola Bunny? That's a....maybe.

Zootopia, Beastars, these TS4 werewolves? 100% furry stereotype

I can see why you thought I was suggesting that Bugs Bunny was a furry, but I wasn't. I actually like all the Looney Tunes characters and wouldn't call them furries either. It did bug me though when Ninja went on about 'by today's standards' nonsense. Some of us are not fans of all things that are 'today's standards', including cartoons.

The good thing that did come from my other post is I went and found and the only Cher song I will listen to. The only reason I listen to it is because it has Beavis and Butthead in it. It was something different to clean up the kitchen to.

Cher, Beavis And Butt-Head - I Got You Babe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyncsw3yq-k
Lab Assistant
#4706 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 10:30 PM

Wow. What was his 90's cartoon catalogue? 'Entirety' is such a strong statement when Dexter's Laboratory, Ed, Edd n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, Pokémon, Rugrats, Digimon, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold, Johnny Bravo etc show very little furry culture if any. While the 80's had the likes of Danger Mouse which alone blows others out of the water, and that's without even mentioning Care Bears, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and DuckTales.

This tweet legitimately makes me angry. Because it's completely ignorant and based on the foundation of an idiot who knows absolutely nothing of what they're talking about.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4707 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 12:47 AM
Is the patch tomorrow?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#4708 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 1:10 AM
Indeed it is.

Field Researcher
#4709 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 2:04 AM
Darn it. And my sims still haven't even gotten over the last patch yet.

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. - Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#4710 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 2:06 AM
I wish the game wouldn't patch so frequently. It's annoying to have to constantly update every single mod EVERY time. I get they need to "fix" issues, but it's so annoying.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4711 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 3:22 AM
I assume the game will have some big changes patched in in relation to the new content.

All occults have new gameplay (of SOME sort) related to the moon. I assume a mooncaster is an addition to spellcasters in ROM.

The telescope also has new gameplay. I want to assume it can get male Sims pregnant (with or without Get To Work), but no one mentioned that. Death by meteor is in, though.

None of this was explained at all.

Mad Poster
#4712 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 12:37 PM

Well SimGuruNinja, logic or not you and you're team shouldn't have made werewolves cutsie-wootsie if the given name for them, which is exactly what they look like, offends you. I would leave this is on that tweet if I had an account.

If it's funny how 90% of the comments consist of how funny this life state looks than from expectation, instead of the gameplay that is absent or yet to be told.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4713 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 1:05 PM
I stopped taking gurus seriously after the let Grant say they didn’t release 3 expansion packs a year at once point.

They did for two years straight during TS3. Now, we barely get 1.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4714 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 6:53 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 14th Jun 2022 at 7:07 PM.
Some random things have been patched in to the game with the patch...

Normal:
- Telescope (BG)
- Dish: Zaatar Manakeesh
- Dish: Knefeh
- Death By Meteor

Debug:
- A baby book about the moon (BG)
- A book about werewolves (BG)
- Another book about werewolves (BG)
- Observatory Paintings (BG)
-Meteor

Lab Assistant
#4715 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 9:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Some random things have been patched in to the game with the patch...

Normal:
- Telescope (BG)
- Dish: Zaatar Manakeesh
- Dish: Knefeh
- Death By Meteor

Debug:
- A baby book about the moon (BG)
- A book about *FURRIES (BG)
- Another book about *FURRIES (BG)
- Observatory Paintings (BG)
-Meteor

Oh good. Can 'Death By Meteor' be patched into real life so I can escape the apocalyptic toilet that is the Sims 4 development team?

(*Asterisks denote corrections)

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Mad Poster
#4716 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 11:50 PM
Warning to CC users. The new patch is out and apparently it has broken the ever loving fuck out of alpha CC. Clothes, hair, skintones, all that. Might wanna hold off on updating your game. I know I'm gonna have to.

Scholar
#4717 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
So you're saying that desiging a whole other form for Sims to turn into, with unique meshes and textures (no matter how much you like or dislike them) uses less development than what they did with werewolves in TS2 or 3? TS2 werewolves were regular Sims with a hairy texture applied and TS3 werewolves were more like hairy humans with fangs.

I never claimed anything about TS2 or TS3 werewolves (maybe you confused me with someone else?). Nor did the Tweet that I reacted about.
My comment was about the stupid platitude coming from one of the gurus with their claim about 90s cartoon. And how that was a silly excuse for the silly art style for TS4 werewolves. And no, there is not much development involved. You can expect many rehashed animations.
A whole other form would be a wolf. Not a furry doing The Claw moves.
Mad Poster
#4718 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:24 AM
Quote:
Warning to CC users. The new patch is out and apparently it has broken the ever loving fuck out of alpha CC. Clothes, hair, skintones, all that. Might wanna hold off on updating your game. I know I'm gonna have to.

Apparently a bunch of sliders are broken as well.
Alchemist
#4719 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 6:37 AM
Quote:

Seriously, do they not test this stuff at all? And they know darn well many players have CC so do they not test at all with CC? Or maybe as they do not "Support" CC, they could care less? More likely.
Field Researcher
#4720 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 11:49 AM
It has been my opinion since the beginning, although many here (and elsewhere) would disagree with me, that Maxis deliberately breaks some types of mods.

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
#4721 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 11:53 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 15th Jun 2022 at 12:07 PM.

https://twitter.com/Iron_Cgull/stat...sC9mc_Kh9QqAAAA

Quote:
The Sims 3 Guide - Sunset Valley

Collectibles - Meteorites

Meteorites are a bit more interesting than the others, especially as they can range from small to absolutely massive. The catch with these is that you don't know the type of meteorite until you have it identified. The raw price of a meteorite is based on its weight, and there is a large element of risk in finding out how rare it is, as you could reduce the value. Meteorites, in their first form, are grouped as follows (maximum price is listed based on maximum weight):

Small: 30 Simoleons
Large: 200 Simoleons
Huge: 4,500 Simoleons

https://www.supercheats.com/guides/...ms-3/meteorites

It costs money to make something in game worth something, doncha know. EA can't be bothered to pay a few dollars to make meteorites worth anything. Not that this matters. Sims in TS4 can be rich within a hour of game play time just by painting.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4722 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 1:01 PM
Yeah, economy is unbalanced so I hate to say I think it's a good idea they made so like that. What should matter if these meteor happen at all, how frequent snd how it works.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4723 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:01 PM
I'm surprised the telescope has nothing to do with alien abductions.

Smeg Head
#4724 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 3:22 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 15th Jun 2022 at 3:34 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I'm surprised the telescope has nothing to do with alien abductions.

Because you need Get To Work EP for the abductions, and they don't normally tie in base game stuff to needed dlc packs.

Needing dlc for dlc, sure, they'll dabble in that occasionally. But base game stuff needing dlc, that's too below the belt even for EA. So far...

It's like giving you a swimming pool in base game in a patch, but you need Backyard dlc to actually fill it with water. Ouch. EA not that dirty? Bah, coming soon.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#4725 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 3:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikosay
It has been my opinion since the beginning, although many here (and elsewhere) would disagree with me, that Maxis deliberately breaks some types of mods.

I don't think they know how to do that deliberately. It just happens out of sheer incompetence. Like everything else.
Page 189 of 192