Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2008 at 12:18 AM
Default The Final Cycle: SVH 50 Year Class Reunion - Final Results Posted!!
**Please read carefully and ask should you have questions**

"Hello to all of you Simvillers! I am, Kristofer Taylor, Simville High: Class of 2001 and I'd like to personally invite all of you back. I know there's definitely many memories to be shared…after 50 years away…how can there not be? We all have our own stories to boast…some good…others, probably not so much. We have been through and seen it all in our lives at this point…some have lead fruitful, satisfying lives. Lives full of family, friends, joy and struggles. It is those times that we are here to celebrate and share with those who were such a big part of our early years. It would be fabulous to see all of you there to share in such a grand affair and it’s with great joy that I welcome you back…to the 50 year class reunion of the Simville High Class of 2001."

I know some of you were here at our former reunions, and others of you weren’t able to join us up until now, but it’s time to celebrate each other and show everyone what you’re about. To shake things up a bit, look at this as an opportunity to show all of those "bullies" or "haters" just how hot you've become! If you were known as the class clown, the geek, the nerd, the slob, or just want to show everyone how much you've changed, please join us! Miss out on being named homecoming or prom royalty? Here’s your second chance! Maybe you were the homecoming queen or the guy every girl was hoping to be asked to prom by…we'd love to see if you still have what it takes! That's right, there's room for the honeys and the hunks! Perhaps you were the “little orphan Annie" that everyone teased because your family couldn’t afford to buy you all those name brand things, but you’ve made a name for yourself as an executive in a prestigious law firm and have more money than you know what to do with. Whatever your tale, we want you to share it here with us!

In other words…

From Kristofer's explanation, it may be a little difficult to understand exactly what's planned to happen here, and I want all those who want to join or who are thinking about joining, to know exactly what will be required beforehand. This cycle will be a bit different than the very first cycle, however, as I have eliminated the "beauty contest" portion. This cycle will be more like the 2nd cycle and feature more scrapbooking type projects, as well as a few other hopefully fun tasks to test your creativity and originality. Judging this cycle, just as last cycle will vary depending on the task. PHOTOSHOPPING WILL BE REQUIRED! You WILL be needing to know basic photoshopping skills such as cutting and copying/pasting. No need to worry too much about it, however, as you WILL NOT BE JUDGED BASED ON YOUR ABILITIES. The only portion of judging that may be affected will be overall quality and appearance. If you participated last cycle or watched, scoring will be very similar. A STRONG EMPHASIS is put on how well you portray and stick with the personality of your Sim (just as in the former cycles).

Timeline:
Applications Introductions” and Round One:Oh What a NightMay 27-June-4

Round Two: "I Do…Cherish You/ Rock-A-Bye-Baby" June 5-11

Round Three: " Take This Job…And Love It.. " June 12-19

Round Four:Remember When…" 20-27

*There will be NO eliminations for each of the rounds 1-3. I’ve had to crunch some things in together in order to accomplish everything I wanted into the allotted time. Generally, I have a week for applications and then begin the first round the second week. However, for this final cycle…applications and the first round are combined into the 1st week unless you are notified otherwise.

Your Sim will be pictured as a teen (HS senior: ages 17-19), an adult (college grad-ish: ages 22-24+), and an elder ( you know….when they’ve gone through that change to gray? :P) You will be submitting pictures of your same sim at various times in their life, which can be tricky, but easily accomplished using several methods. Options include:

**Option A: Seeing as how most people generally start their Sims off in Bodyshop, you may create a teen version of your Sim first. After the teen is created, you can clone that same Sim in Bodyshop, and then make the clone an adult and then another clone as an elder. This will allow you to have all three Sims available to you should you need. If you do this, however, you must use the SAME SIM for for all three ages. If, when it comes time for the adult and elder portions, your Sims look nothing alike (this will be up to the judge’s discretion so be warned!) you may be eliminated. I want this to be a fun contest and enjoyable for all, but want it to be as fair as possible so am trying to be as detailed in laying it out as I can be. I know some Sims can be slightly distorted with age transitions, but sometimes that’s the fun in it!
No plastic surgery please, keep them as they are!

**Option B: Create your adult Sim and try to make them look like teens or elders by way of clothes, hair, make-up (or lack thereof). This route, though possible, might be a bit tricky to accomplish.
**Option C: If you are wanting to use an in-game born Sim, you can use them as a teen, then age them to an adult/young adult and elder or let them age naturally if they’re almost grown. Remember, you can also use SimPE to package an in-game born Sim and can then create the other ages from Bodyshop.

**However, how you choose to accomplish this is up to you. Just please, respect my wishes as the host and don’t alter your Sim between ages (including skintones- I know there's extra-wrinkly skintones out there) apart from the obvious hair/make-up/clothes.**

That being said….onto the important stuff!

All rounds will close at 10PM Central Time to allow for me to pm judges.
I have tried to grant enough time for each round to be completed. An hour or two extension may be possible, but please let me at least 12 hours in advance if you will be needing an extension. I understand and will take emergencies into consideration, but please, if you are planning to enter or are entering, PLAN ON STICKING WITH THE GIVEN SCHEDULE. It's tough to host a contest and try to keep things in order if you have multiple contestants who don't notify you and just don't turn in an entry. I want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves, but please be considerate of the others participating. I am willing to give out tasks ahead of time if you are planning to be gone a particular week if you let me know ahead of time that you have something planned. I am willing to work with you, I just ask that you be courteous and work with me in return.

The application/first round will showcase your Sim as they were seen in high school or by whatever "stereotype" they left high school known as. They may have been the nerd, the jock, the tomboy….the sky's the limit…..just think of what kinds of stereotypes or cliques you find in a high school and fit your Sim into one.

Only one person may be the homecoming queen/king and prom queen/king. If you want one of those roles, they're first come-first served. Whatever you choose, you will need to stick with it to the end though, so pick one you can have fun with!

All Sims must be your own work and creation. No using Sims from the contest sharing thread or ones you have downloaded anywhere else, even if you've tweaked 'em up. Your own creations only!
Again, please, no plastic surgery from HS to adult!! Be honest and fair!

You may enter up to two Sims (though, since many contests generally run a little heavy on the female side, if you are entering two Sims, at least one must be a male- think of it as an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone if you don’t generally model males ) If you DO chose to enter two Sims, BOTH of them will be allowed to remain in the contest just as any other contestant until the final round. Only ONE of your Sims, however can win a section of the contest. If both of your Sims have the top score for their section (guy and girl) whoever has the lower score of the 2 will be dropped and the next highest for that section (guy or gal) will take their place as king/queen.

You may enter Sims who were in the first cycle of the contest! Since this is the 50 year "reunion" of Kristofer's class, the original class is welcomed and encouraged to join. We'd love to see how you're doing!

Photo-shopping will be required! While it will be required, it won’t be anything too challenging. Mainly, you will be resizing and cutting/pasting to combine more than one picture or other decorations together. You are strongly encouraged to use in-game backgrounds in your pictures, rather than cutting your Sim out and putting them on a background you've found online. (Judging will include your creativity in the picture as a whole, so feel free to include that lime-green sofa you have yet to have found a use for but downloaded because it looked cool. :P) Judges will also be looking for things such as pictures that look empty or how wonderfully you have created your "set" to make it look as though it's really happening.

Give your Sims a definite personality!!! I can't stress this enough! Don’t forget, you want to make yourself remembered to your classmates! The more you can express your Sim's personality through answering confessionals, posing, backgrounds, clothes, etc, the better you will do! I will add as well, please think of the other applicants as your former class mates. For some of the confessionals/tasks, you may be asked about who you were most surprised to see or something of the sort. You can pick someone else to form a "storyline" with if you wish. For instance, maybe Jessica and Mary were best friends in high school and haven't seen each other since graduation. I want this to be a fun and interesting contest, not just an "I win, you lose" kind of thing, so be creative!

Feel free to share your Sims with each other and use them in your stories and pictures! Again, the more creative you can be in creating your Sim's life, the more successful you will be!

Have fun! Enjoy the contest! It is my goal with this contest, (my third shot as a host :P) to have fun with everyone and hopefully give everyone who takes part, something to have fun with as well. If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I will do what I can to help you out. Feel free to send me even the minutest questions if you are unsure of something or can't think of any ideas for a particular task. I really DON'T bite, but I do want everyone to have fun. I know some of you are here for a star, but since there are 2 winners at the end, you won't qualify. At the same time, we are all here because this is something we enjoy. Don’t ruin it for others!

Judging: Remember way back 50 years ago? The prom/homecoming king and queen days? Who will reign this time around? My plan is for there to be a similar type of thing here: one male and one female winners as the king and queen. Both the male and female sections will be judged separately by different judges so as to not overwhelm the judges. Judging criteria will vary for each round, depending on the task assigned and will be PMed to the judges at the close of each round. The emphasis over all is mainly your creativity, how well you express your character's personality, how well you execute the assigned tasks, be it in picture AND through story.

**If interested in judging for this cycle of SCR, please send me a PM with which section you would like to judge (if it matters). Requests posted in the thread will not be granted. I will need at least two other judges for each section and will fill in if necessary. Please note that if you are requesting to judge, that means you are aware of the timeline and when you will need to be available to give scores and are planning to be able to follow through with your request. Just as for the contestants, I understand things happen and come up, but please if you are judging and are going to be unable to judge for whatever reason, have the courtesy to let me know in advance when possible so I can make other arrangements. It stinks to sit and wait for a judge's scores and then just never hear back from them. I just ask that you be courteous and let me know if something comes up.

For the Gals:
1. BoolPropped
2. Nirvana
3. ?

For the Guys:
1. Kipsnif
2. Gerbera
3. ?

Emergency Judges:
1. Nukeya

**I will be making "class reunion" shirts and when completed, I will upload them and give links. (Below is a picture of the gals' shirts from first cycle)**

The following lovely Sims from Zaggytiddies:

This lovely from omgitsashley:

And these two from duderocks:

**If you would like to offer a donation as a prize, I would be ever grateful, just let me know via PM.**

Name:

Family heritage/origin:
(German? English? Filipino? Native American?)
How long did you attend Simville? (Maybe you went to Simville kindergarten through senior year, or maybe you came as a junior in high school)

Current age:
(Being that most people graduate high school at the age of 17 or 18 and this is a 50 year class reunion, your Sim should be somewhere around the 66-69 age range)

In high school, I was known as…
(who were you in high school? Band nerd? Football star? Remind us who you were)

In the last five years, I’ve…
(Become a grandparent? Great-grandparent? Gone back to college? Retired?)

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was…
(prom? tripped and fell down the steps next to the lockers? had a baby?)

Please include the following pictures for your Application:
1 Full-color head shot as a teen (think school pictures)
1 Full-color head shot as an elder

*Optional*
I would like to compile a "class picture" so if you would like to be included, please also submit a 3/4 or full body shot on a plain background as well (Though please avoid background colors which are very prevalent on your Sim. IE: If your Sim has black hair or clothing, please avoid using black or really dark colors.) As I did in the last 2 cycles, all “optional” tasks will be awarded with extra points towards your scores..just like extra credit points in school. You can only benefit from doing the optional and will not be penalized if you choose not to participate in them.

“Oh What a Night….”

How can you really have a reunion and get together with old classmates to talk about the "good ol' days" without pictures as proof? Some from parties, some from random acts of mischief, others just taken for fun. For this round, you will be creating a mini-movie collection (let me explain before you get too scared! :P) showcasing 3 of your favorite nights of high school…as well as one not-so-fun night.

[•] This round is pretty open to your creation. Think of what types of activities your Sim would have participated in in high school. Perhaps they were the class hottie and one of the best nights was prom night and being the talk of the town in that dress….with THAT HAIR! Or…maybe they were the guy that no girl ever talked to and one of their most memorable nights was when they actually got up the courage to ask Kathy out to a movie and she said yes! For the…not-so-fun night…maybe as captain of the football team you and some teammates were caught TP-ing the houses of your rivals and you got to spend the entire homecoming game on the bench. Be creative!

The tasks:
In calling these tasks “mini-movies” you will not actually be creating movies. You will only need to make movie covers. You will be making four of these and they needn’t be all that difficult. You will basically take a picture of whatever special night activity you are sharing and then create something resembling the case of a VHS or DVD movie front cover.

Requirements:
* You will need to have a title clearly displayed on your “case”.
* Your mini-movies will be set to a song, so include that on your cover as well. It can be either a real or made up song. I’m sure you’ve all seen those parody type songs. These are fine as well.
* When creating these, you may want to consider your font style, size, color, etc and how it fits with your Sim's personality/stereotypes. Your big, tough, macho guy probably wouldn't use big bubbly bright pink letters on their covers. Hmmm...or would they?
* The photo can be as simple or as exciting as you would like it. Feel free to photoshop away or make it as simple as you would like it and just have your classmate's face on it. It's fully your decision.
* Please observe the picture posting rules and guidelines for S2C and if your pictures are too big, feel free to post links to the actual pictures.
* Tell us why you chose the picture that you did for your mini-movie cover. What is happening in your picture? (Though it may be painfully obvious what is going on in your pictures, please…enlighten us anyhow!)

Confessional:

My favorite part of my high school years was...

Looking back, I realize how much I miss...

If I could change one thing about my high school years, it would be ... because...

Optional Task: Library Cards

**This task is optional and not required for a complete entry. You CAN however earn an additional five points to your score by completing it.**

Dig out those old library cards! It's time to check ‘em out! Create a library card for your Sim and hold it high for all to see!

The Guidelines:
• Really, there’s no stipulations for this as it’s meant mainly for fun and a couple easy points. Just use your imagination. Pretty much anything goes (even those icky stains from being spilled on).

**Remember, you don’t have to be a professional at “photoshopping” in order to complete these tasks successfully. You will be more so judged on your representation of your Sim, than how well you can get all of the pink edges out from around your Sim when you paste them into a picture. Though the neatness and attractiveness of your pages will account for a bit of your scores this round, I am looking for creativity, effort and your execution of the task. (If you don’t have a decent photoshopping program, Paint.net is a paint-type program which can be downloaded for free and is easy to use. It allows you a few more options than just the plain paint program but still works mostly the same.) If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Have fun!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th May 2008 at 9:52 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 5.27.08
Ends 6.30.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2008 at 10:35 PM
Okie dokie! I'm here...let's get this thing rollin! :P
#4 Old 27th May 2008 at 10:44 PM
got the perfect sim *running to take the pics*
#5 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:19 PM
Default Application-Kayleigh Merkel

Name: Kayleigh Merkel

Family heritage/origin:
Italian from my mother and German/Polish from my father

How long did you attend Simville? I came during second grade

Current age: I'd rather not say ill give a hint, its between 21 and 65

In high school, I was known as… Miss Popular ( I guess), thats what everyone told me. I was Captain of the cheerleading squad

In the last five years, I’ve
Became a grandmother of many , sadly became a widow, traveled most of the country, retired from my secretarial job. (i was a former pro cheerleader for a big name football team)

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was
Becoming Prom Queen...and meeting great friends

Senior Photograph

Today

Optional PNG
here
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:43 PM
Default The Class...

*The Gals*

Tricia Jones App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final
"Georgie" Santos App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final
Bonnie Blue App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final
Jenna Howard App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final

*The Guys*
Todd Lowell App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final
Cobain Redding App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final
Ryker Ryder App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Final

*Drops*
Soren Calvin App
Emma Devalles App Round 1
CeCe Carter App Round 1
Kayleigh Merkel App Round 1 Round 2
Charlotte Wellington App Round 1 Round 2
Tom Hopkins App Round 1 Round 2
Adz Burnett App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
Matilda Bones App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
Alexei De La Rosa App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
Benjamin (Benny) Williams App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
Daryl Winston App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3
Marcus Thompson App Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:46 PM
Thanks for joining Ashley! I've begun the class roster and have added you. Good luck!
#8 Old 27th May 2008 at 11:47 PM
np...ive seen this contest in the closed contests thread and waited for it to open up again! finally! hehe
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:04 AM
Sounds fun. One question tough, I don't know anything about american classes, could you explain a bit? So that I can choose in what grade my sims arrived?
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:14 AM
No problem! Generally, you begin classes at the age of 5 or 6 and go to kindergarten. Elementary school is generally 1st - 5th grade (ages 5-11), middle-school or junior-high is grades 6-8 (ages 11-14) and then high-school would be grades 9-12 (ages 14-18). Those are just general grades and ages. I'm not going to be too particular on ages by number as long as your Sim LOOKS the part. Does that help?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:30 AM
can only 5 girls and 5 guys enter?
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tixi
can only 5 girls and 5 guys enter?

Oh...no, not at all. I just put that up there as space fillers to keep thing seperate. I'm hoping many more than that join!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:49 AM
Sounds like an awesome contest. I'll try to get my application up tomorrow providing that finals go as scheduled.

Is it okay if the guy I enter has been in other contests? He's kind of my contest standard.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#14 Old 28th May 2008 at 12:49 AM
for the round 1 we have to have a total of 4 DVD cases? and they can be of anything they did in HS? and we can make up the title of it right? just making sure i get everything clear
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omgitsashley
for the round 1 we have to have a total of 4 DVD cases? and they can be of anything they did in HS? and we can make up the title of it right? just making sure i get everything clear

Yes, you are making 4 of these and the pictures are to be of anything your Sim enjoyed doing in high school. Think of these "movies: as maybe those home movies your mom filmed of you and it's your task to create covers for them. Three of those are to be of good times...and one is to be of something you enjoyed doing...going wrong. The first three may be a prom picture, a cheerleading picture, a chess tournament, etc. You take a picture of your sim doing that as a teen. The fourth one might be that you were a prankster and on one occassion....you got caught in the act. Then you need to add a "title" to the case so you can remember what it was of. The last thing that you have to have is a song to set the "movie" to. That can be an actual song or one made up, but should fit in with whatever your movie is of. Clear as mud? :P
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:23 AM
Can I ask one more question?

I assume that when our contestant is at their current age (56-60), it's at the present time. Will the shots taken while they were in high school need to reflect the time period that they attended high school during (presumably the 50's-60's), or can we use modern clothing and give that approach a sort of benefit of the doubt?

Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:37 AM
You can do either. In all actuality..I started this with the class of 2001, not intending to do more than just the 1 cycle. So...this is STILL the class of 2001...but 50 years later (who knows what year it is Sim-land :P) So you can dress them however you wish.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:46 AM
Okay, now it makes sense. I always overthink things. Thanks for clearing that up.

Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th May 2008 at 1:49 AM
No problem! Good luck if you join
#20 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:25 AM
thanks for asking that rabid. that was my next question. now i got it all under control, and im going to start my round 1 now
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th May 2008 at 3:54 AM
Sorry if it's confusing, y'all. Tried to explain things thoroughly...hence the mile long OP Let me know if you have any other questions.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th May 2008 at 2:41 PM
I reserve the weirdo of the class! *Runs off to find good make-up and clothes for Tricia*

A question! I'm dumb and I'm from Slovenia so I don't know all the weird habits of Americans, so excuse me: Library cards?
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th May 2008 at 4:35 PM
In schools here, you most generally have to have a library card to check out books from your school library. The ones we had at my school were kind of like a driver's license or ID card that had our picture on it, the name of our school, our name, grade and a barcode at the bottom that the librarian had to scan into the computer. Yours can be anything you wish...basically...it's a slip of paper, a card, or something that allows you to take books out of the library at school.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th May 2008 at 6:50 PM
Default Application - Tricia Jones
Name: Tricia Jones

Family heritage/origin: Latin as I've been told from my biological parents. My real parents were anglo-american.

How long did you attend Simville? Since I first entered the kindergarten and until I leaved for college. Gosh, it's almost 15 years!

Current age: 68

In high school, I was known as the book mole. I read most of the books in our library and I was always reading a book, even in the middle of a lesson. That's why my English essays and test papers were always A+ and why all the other subjects were usually something average. Sometimes I'd even read untill morning and fell asleep during school... some of the teachers thought I was so tired from the parties popular girls used to attend. I was a very educated person, but all my knowledge came from books, the school was a nonsense for me. Such a shame I didn't really study from them! Then maybe I could actually travel to Academie le Tour like some of the students in my books have.

In the last five years, I’ve become fosterer of three orphan children and I'm very happy to have someone in the house. Also, I've wroten my 11th book, it's called Bubble Bath and I've allready got an offer from a studio - they want to make a movie based on it! I'm so exited! Oh, and last year my son got married! I'm going to be a granny at last!

The most memorable thing that happened to me in high school was meeting my biological parents. I was shocked and pleased at the same time! Also, I could never forget my first date.

Use the one you like the most. Only her hairdo, make-up and the background are changed. Pictures link to bigger versions.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:07 PM
Looking good Lenoba! Thanks for joining-I've added you to the "class roster"

Page 1 of 16