Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 4:33 PM
Default ~*Picture Perfect*~WINNER ANNOUNCED! COME IN AND CONGRATULATE THE WINNER!
This contest belongs in beauty.

Think you have what it takes to be 'picture perfect', well test your luck in this four-round competition. Picture perfect is all about expressing yourself in a beautiful unique way for the cameras. This contest includes advertisements, random photoshoots, and lots more. Some rounds even require you to merely pose while the editing will be taken care of. So what are you waiting for? It's not just a beautiful face that makes a picture perfect. It's the pose and the unique way everyone has of making their own perfect picture.
Care to show yours?

1. All S2C rules to be followed
2. Basic knowledge of editing programs like PSP, PS and GIMP will be required.
3. Simposing and frankenstining is encouraged.
4. Please be creative and do not solely rely on decorgals hacks.
5. I will be editing some of your photos in particular rounds. Hope you don't mind.
6. Only adult/young adult females please
7. All sizes/skin colour welcomed
8. There are four rounds. Each round lasts for about five days.
9. Extensions may be given but please, no late minute
10. I'm not mean xD and I will be giving you tips, tutorials , etc to help you through the round.

Application :
Please include these in your application :

Name :
Why are you picture perfect? :

Along with that, submit a freeshot (wearing anything) and bodyshot of you in the most creative pose you could think of wearing this by LianaSims2 . Preferably a white background.

Fashion > Adult > Casual > 395

Round 1 :
Round 2 :
Round 3 :
Round 4 :

Favouritism should be avoided. Comments from constructive critism are optional.
PM me if you want to be a judge.

Judges :
1. Emma
2. cavilez1987
3. lauratje86

EJs:
1. Dreamydre15
2…?

2. Chantelle Rhodes
5. Adayra Moon
9. Rae Friesen
11. Luinia Frentuézé

Custom skintone and an outfit by me.

Hope to see you enter. Any questions, feel free to ask!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 6:08 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 11.26.08
Ends 12.26.08
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 11:10 AM
Yay! Alright, hope to see some applicants!
Any questions, feel free to ask!

Some FAQs :

1. How many pictures per round : 1 -2 pictures. 2 max.
2. How are the rounds like : They differ from various types of photoshoots. They aren't always ads and photoshoots.
3. How are we judged : You are judged by the creativity of your pose and of course, how you present your photo.
4. Can I only use hacks : Of course, but it will be more creative if you made poses by playing around with the hacks. =) But of course, hacks are allowed
5. What is simpose? Here's the website and here is a tutorial , just so you see how 'difficult' it is the first time xD.
6. What is frankestining : It is adding bits from sim bodies, from various photos with different poses, then joining all of them to form your own creative pose.

#4 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 5:11 PM
im going to join
#5 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 5:26 PM
wow! this conteset sounds like ALOT of fun i might join...
I was just wondering if you could please rate the contests difficulty out of 10?
Thanks
#6 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 8:29 PM
I was thinking of joining also. I'd also like to know the difficulty level since I am a newbie. XD
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 1:32 AM
omgitsashley - Can't wait to see you application!
nicole , moldova - Ah, don't worry about it. This isn't a hard contest. Out of ten, hmm I'd say it's an average like 5. Don't worry. It's not a hard contest. =]
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 1:45 AM
Just thought I'd say hello here too :-) I'm going to be one of the judges for this contest (Thanks Emma!). I'm looking forward to seeing some applications! :-D
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 1:50 AM
Im happy to have you, lauratje86, on the judging side. Can't wait to get this thing started. It sounds like so much fun to judge/join. Good luck everyone and have fun with it.
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 9:21 AM
Thanks for checking in judges =)
Hope we got more applications .
#11 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 3:56 PM
Genovicka Tigerino Application
Name : Genovicka Tigerino
Redeeming qualities in yourself : I am original and not a cookie-cutter beauty like a lot of other girls. My nose is slightly larger than most, but it's something that gives me the original look that I love.
Why are you picture perfect? : I am picture perfect because I know that sometimes you MUST think outside of the box. Originality is my best friend and I embrace it.

Headshot (I know it wasn't required but I thought I'd throw it in because the picture limit is 2.)

Bodyshot (I can change it if it came out too bright, just let me know.)

This sim was made in memory of one of my best friends, Genovicka. She passed away during child birth on November 20, 2008. RIP.
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:09 PM
Ladybugz, oh sorry. 2 pics? Okay then, I'd count it as a freeshot =)
I must say Genovicka is gorgeous!
I'm so sorry about your friend, especially during childbirth. I'm very, very sorry.
Thanks for Applying.
#13 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:12 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the sim and for the condolences (did I spell that right?) :P
It means a lot.
I think this'll be a pretty neat contest.
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:27 PM
I hope so too.
Hopefully we'll get more applicants and this contest would be a fun contest =)
Yes, it is spelled right =)
#15 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 5:30 PM
Chantelle Rhodes Application
Name: Chantelle Rhodes
Redeeming qualities in yourself: I am a hard worker and I have expirence in the modelling industry. I know how harsh life is and I don't let that bring my spirit down! I am unique and original and I am confident in myself.
Why are you picture perfect? I'm picture perfect because I am different and I one-of-a-kind. It's important to dream big, because if you don't, you'll never get anywhere.

Bodyshot

Freeshot
#16 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 7:05 PM
I will def. be joining Sounds like fun and I got a new chick I've been dying to use!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 7:22 PM
I'MMMM SOO JOINING :D
Haha. Off to make my simmiee XD App will be in tomorrow

EDIT:
Whats frankensting? Andd i don't have a clue what simpose is... can i still join? or am i ok with other hacks. :\

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 7:39 PM
Emma, looks like another great contest of yours! I would join, but I am in another contest over at InSim and not sure what frankenstining is. Also, don't use simpose. I use other hacks, not just decorgals which I personally like that hack also. So I would lose points for all these reasons. Good luck everyone she runs a wonderful and fun contest!
#19 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 8:23 PM
Charley, frankinstining is simply taking multiple pics of a sim and photoshopping the poses together. I find it VERY difficult! lol Another example is taking a picture of a sim, and a picture of a real-life person and morphing it together.

Like this one I made:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=autr89&s=4

Or like my avatar. :D

SimPose is a way to move you sims in any pose by extracting meshes and textures.

More info on SimPose HERE

I find Simpose hard also, so I am using hacks too.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 10:25 PM
Ohhs :Z I can't do that anyway as i'm not on my PC atm and hav'nt got my Photoshop on here ;\ I've only got Paint.net + Gimp (i can make ad's though- i had to use this for my Media class and i gots best in class :P
Thanks for info Moldova!

Can I still join though? .. I have lots of posing hacks ?..

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#21 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 12:07 AM
I'd really like to enter this contest. I'm hosting a contest of my own at the moment, but who says I can't juggle two acts? I won't really be "here" until sometime this weekend though, due to my schedule. Hopefully I can carry out my wishes and enter after all :D
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 3:00 AM
moldova49 - Chantelle is gorgeous! Thanks for entering!

xxcali_canelaxx - I can't wait for you app. Hope to see you enter! =]

simcharley1990 - yeah, you can stick to your hacks =] Frankestining is where you take parts from the poses and put them together in Photoshop. Simpose, is a program which allows you to make sim poses by twisting the arms, legs, etc..

Michele D - Oh alright. I just put simpose as an option because some people might not have their game running. and thank you :D

Moldova_ thanks for explaining but the photo you made is called 'Simmerizing' - where you put pats of sims into human. Yes, simpose is hard at first.

simcharley1990 - Of course you can still enter. Hacks will be good enough. I used to use tons of hacks too and I'm sure you're creative in your own way when you make your photo. Hopefully, I'll see your app =]

Spicycookies- I think you have enough time to enter =) I really do hope to see your app.

EDIT : As an example, this is frankestining, this is simpose, and this is simmerizing.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 4:27 AM
this is a pretty neat contest

Emma I'll be an EJ since all the judge positions are taken.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 5:03 AM
Okay. Thank you for volunteering =]
#25 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 1:56 PM
Oh lol sorry I got my facts mixed up. Can't wait until round 1!
EDIT: Ugh I lost all my downloads!!! I am downloading hacks now. Thankfully I had my model backed up. Just a heads up incase it happens again.

Page 1 of 14