Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 10:21 PM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 29th Oct 2021 at 2:57 AM. Reason: I gave up!
Default A list of sims of color? (ingame, canonical) (solved: or rather, given up)
(pasting this here from my discord request)

I am looking for a list of the ingame, canonical, non-cc sims of color. For example, the Dreamer family (sims 2 & 3) and the Nigmos family (sims 2). For my current purposes I don't care which version they're in-it could be the console games, 1-4 pc, or those odd side games associated with 2 (like Castaways and I forget what the others were called). It doesn't have to be very detailed: I need pictures and whatever bare facts exist, hopefully including a bit of family tree.

I'm interested in all of the nationalities of color, also, to be clear.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 4:40 AM
So this is the "Where Can I Find" section and I'm confused as to what exactly you are looking for?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 9:00 AM
You know how there are wiki articles about sims lore? There's a list of all the premade sims that have been abducted before the game starts. A list of all the sims who were adopted. I'm looking for a list of the sims of color. For a project. I want to move ingame, canonical, premade sims of color into a world rather than make up all of the sims and their life stories by hand myself. I already know I'm moving in the Dreamer family from Sims 2 (though I have to recreate them, at least a lot of the designing has been done for me), and a few others.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:45 AM
The Sim's Fandom Wiki has a list that looks like it covers all of the games. Because you will want to pick what skin tones you count as a 'sim of color' and whether you want to count families like Sunset Valley's Hart family where the mom and dad have different skin tones.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 2:57 AM
I'm actually using that, though it is tedious. I think I should mark this as solved because I've given up. I just found a handful of families with a lot of members and a story that looks like it might work, and then I'm going to take liberties. But I'm more surprised than disappointed that nobody's ever done this before.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
You know how there are wiki articles about sims lore? There's a list of all the premade sims that have been abducted before the game starts. A list of all the sims who were adopted. I'm looking for a list of the sims of color. For a project. I want to move ingame, canonical, premade sims of color into a world rather than make up all of the sims and their life stories by hand myself. I already know I'm moving in the Dreamer family from Sims 2 (though I have to recreate them, at least a lot of the designing has been done for me), and a few others.

Ah, ok, and sorry I can't help as not seen anything like this before. So please keep going, it'll be a first