Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 4:18 PM
Default Finding Any Job in Newspaper / on Computer Mod?
Is there a mod that opens up dialog boxes for all careers? For story purposes I want to film a specific job being chosen, but I don't wanna wait forever for it to show up. SimBlender is not an option because I need the dialog box to open up. Does anyone know of any workaround? Couldn't find anything myself.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 4:44 PM
If you use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click on the newspaper, then you can choose from all the jobs and the accept job box will still pop up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2024 at 4:45 PM
Bless you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 6:33 PM
The dialog box also appears when you use the option on the blender, by the way

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 9:45 PM
When the job I'm looking for doesn't show up in the paper or the computer, my Sims go to a community lot where I have placed one (or more) of MogHughson's Job Seeking Noticeboards (2 tiles or 1 tile). This lets them choose any job (including custom jobs).

One occasional problem I've found with this is that sometimes, when they get home they get a message to say they've missed work, and a warning about their future conduct. To avoid that I try to give them an extra vacation day as soon as possible. For this reason I often place a Sim Manipulator on the same community lot as the Job Notice Board. Otherwise I give them an extra Vacation Day as soon as they get home. (Or I suppose they could 'phone in sick.) (This problem really only arises if they arrive home from the community lot at a time when the game thinks they should be at work, but there may be extra complications if you use the Community Time Project. I don't use it.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Apr 2024 at 5:37 PM
You can also use Monique's computer for that.