Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:17 PM
Default new interview
not new info but clears up some details and questions
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature...roducer/1198553
Advertisement
#2 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:39 AM
Quote:
Players can replace anyone in their town with characters that they create, and change any home they like.

Cool, a tool to replace the game's fugly generated townies with our own sims! Whoooo!!! That just made my day.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:53 AM
LOL, it's so funny how infamous the Sims 2 townies became just from their faces.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:06 AM
thank GOD we can change the town. There was a huge thread of people saying they don't want the sims 3 because they thought you would have to keep the town and people as the EA people made them. Now sims 3 sounds perfect!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:08 AM
Oh, And i am kind of glad the motive bars are gone. I was playing ts2 today and i couldn't do ANYTHING because my whole sims days are revolved around Sims peeing and eating constantly. Its annoying.
#6 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 3:32 AM
Quote:
In the past Sims games, your character went off to work, and then they came home. You couldn't really influence what happened out there. Now you can get involved by fulfilling these opportunities for your Sim, and help them get ahead in their career. Those careers will lead them to be able to do things that other Sims can't - so the chef will be able to cook unique meals.

This looks really promising....I mean one can actually follow your sim to work even when he's going to a military office or business meeting???? Or it's just fulfilling whatever they crave from their job???
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 3:56 AM
Yes but they will disappear into that building which is called a rabbit hole. So while we technically can follow our Sims to work (probably school, too) we won't really actually see them inside the buildings. But we can still control what happens while they're in there I think.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
LOL, it's so funny how infamous the Sims 2 townies became just from their faces.

I'd hate to be the programmer whose first name was "Komei." :D

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Alchemist
#9 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 6:42 PM
This part should convert some of the naysayers

We're also releasing our developer tools a couple of months after the game, so the community will be able to create their own towns.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:05 AM
This is the only step backwards, not allow town creation in the base game. But at least we are getting it. I hope it's free and not a pack that we have to buy, lol, though I doubt we would have to pay for such a thing. Can you imagine?
#11 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:52 AM
I don't think they have mentioned anything about removing the rabbit hole options in the expansion packs........but it seems pretty obvious that the community lots are going to be rabbit holes!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 6:20 AM
Not all community lots, surely.
#13 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:43 PM
I hope that just the workplaces and schools are rabbit holes. Places where you can actually do stuff like shopping, eating out, clubs and stuff I want to be able to watch my sims do that and interact with other sims.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:24 AM
Me, too, because we were always able to before in the other two games. Why step backwards, you know?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Me, too, because we were always able to before in the other two games. Why step backwards, you know?

To make more money from EPs
Scholar
#16 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:43 PM
Hehe money search... But community lots like food or magazines stores were in the base game of the Sims 2 no ? And it seems that there is other playable lots (book stores, cinemas...) planned in the base version of the Sims 3.
So I'm pretty sure that all community lots won't be rabbit holes.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 9:19 PM
It would be pretty pointless to have a seemless neighborhood with no where to go. There has to be some community lots you can enter... right?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by livingstonekat
It would be pretty pointless to have a seemless neighborhood with no where to go. There has to be some community lots you can enter... right?

Yeah, I'm sure there must be some. That said, I'm expecting to miss some of the EP features of TS2 in the base game. (For example, no pets). But, if TS3 is as awesome as it seems, I won't mind shelling out the cash for EPs - and possibly a new computer, haha.
Instructor
#19 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:10 AM
I'm sure the lots we can enter during TS2 will be the same in TS3. Downgrading is no fun.

I just hope my computer can handle TS3 well.
#20 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 7:16 AM
Well!! Let's hope for the best and wish that the community lots will not be rabbit holes!!!!!! Though if I remember correctly I had seen a picture of sims 3 where somebody was coming out of a shop....yet the picture is quite vague!!!!!!
Alchemist
#21 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Sagas
Yeah, I'm sure there must be some. That said, I'm expecting to miss some of the EP features of TS2 in the base game. (For example, no pets). But, if TS3 is as awesome as it seems, I won't mind shelling out the cash for EPs - and possibly a new computer, haha.

Not having my pets will kill me. I might have to keep TS2 around just a little while after TS3 comes out
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 12:18 PM
Maybe with the basegame Eaxis won't add pets....otherwise they won't have much options left for their EP's.....but surely pets is going to be there.....if it's in the basegame it's great, if not then it's certainly going to be an EP.......
Mad Poster
#23 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:02 AM
The two latest articles from this week are:

Action Trip: http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/thesims3.phtml?2645

Games Radar: http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/the-si...106113750640058