Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 9:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default 3t2 traits mod, conflicting traits
So I downloaded the traits mod and Noodlebelli's mod that changes movie likeness by trait, but I discovered that sometimes traits conflict, as in a sim with the brave trait likes one movie and then the same Sim has another trait that hates the same movie. So needless to say Im popping errors when my sims with traits try to watch movies. I dont really believe that Noodlebelli wouldnt have realized this, so is there something im doing wrong?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 10:14 AM
Why don't you ask them? Also, what even makes you think the errors are caused by the conflicting traits?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 3:24 AM
I cant find them anywhere, and also, I don’t really know what could be causing errors when I watch movies…except for the movie mod for traits
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 3:36 AM
Is this not that person's tumblr? https://www.tumblr.com/noodlebelli You can see they clearly state how conflicting traits work, which is just that some of them are checked before others. There's only one file in the download for each movie, there are no conflicting resources.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 10:58 AM
Don’t have a tumblr. But this seems to be an issue of load order right?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:27 AM
No. Even if you have something that conflicts with these, it would just override them, or be overridden by them, since there's only a single resource for each movie.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 2:29 PM
Well thats strange my Sim keeps resetting when trying to watch Action/Fetch becuse it says “unable to retrieve like value” and when I removed noodlebelli’s mods, it stopped
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 2:52 PM
Best to report it to the mod creator, as kestrellyn suggested.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:01 PM
It could be a conflict with something else. Try loading a test hood with only those 2 trait mods and direct a sim to watch a movie.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.