Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 10:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Changes on FirstPersonCameras.txt file don't change anything on my camera movements
Hi!
I'm trying to change the settings of FirstPersonCameras.txt file to make it much slower in order to be able to capture the kind of videos I want to make.
But whatever change I make on the file doesn't create any difference.
I normally use GunMod's camera mod. To test what causes this situation, I took that mod out and put back the original Maxis camera files and even that didn't change anything.
To test it, I then added Tom Duhamel's Enhanced Gameplay Cameras and still everything is the same.
So I feel like my game is somehow bypassing the Cameras folder in my documents for the game, it doesn't take it into account. Is that possible? Is something else controlling my camera settings?
I use Ultimate Collection on Windows 10.
Does anyone have an idea why this problem might be?

My specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 32,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎17/‎02/‎2021
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 10:48 PM
The problem is solved: I apparently need to re-start my game with the saved new settings on the camera files... It might seem obvious but STM's machinima guide was telling me "you can experiment as much as you like with them by loading up your game, pressing Alt + Tab to minimise your game, changing some numbers, saving the file, then maximising your game again to test your changes. You don’t have to exit your game and reload it." but that doesn't seem to be the case in my game.

Quote: Originally posted by mrukel22
Hi!
I'm trying to change the settings of FirstPersonCameras.txt file to make it much slower in order to be able to capture the kind of videos I want to make.
But whatever change I make on the file doesn't create any difference.
I normally use GunMod's camera mod. To test what causes this situation, I took that mod out and put back the original Maxis camera files and even that didn't change anything.
To test it, I then added Tom Duhamel's Enhanced Gameplay Cameras and still everything is the same.
So I feel like my game is somehow bypassing the Cameras folder in my documents for the game, it doesn't take it into account. Is that possible? Is something else controlling my camera settings?
I use Ultimate Collection on Windows 10.
Does anyone have an idea why this problem might be?

My specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 32,0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎17/‎02/‎2021
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 6:51 PM
Hi is there a solution to this? Because I remember there was no requirement to restart for the new properties to work. I've been struggling with this lately.