Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:04 PM
Default MOd problem (not the kind that runs a chatroom or board)
UGH ! I downloaded alot of cool stuff here last night followed the fraking download guide (site words not mine) and nothing I downloaded worked. Except the 'Charmed' house which was cool. I wonder where I went wrong. I made sure each I downloaded eaither

A) used the packs I had (nightlife and celebration stuff)
B) called for (Bare minimum?) just the 'origonal' game the sims 2

I followed instructions best I could and like I said above. *sigh*

Also I get a weird error with the sims now saying something about not allowing custom context even though I allowed it.

What the heck is going on?!

PS : what I downloaded is too numerous to mention but if You need links I can try.

PPS : sorry if this is STILL wrong but No other place on the boards 'fity' I'm not a creator this isn't 'technicly' about the sims 2 game and so on so all CREATIVE instruction that is clear and non trollish/sarcastic is welcome.

Apologising in advance to you and yours for these problems.

Meeki
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 8:34 PM
This is best placed in the 'Help' forum.
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ame_Help:GCCTSU See if that that article helps.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 9:20 PM
the problem is the fracking download guide (again sites words not mine)

is too 'stupid' No I'm not saying it's bad or we don't need it I mean it's so 'this is a mouse. this is your hand. this is how you move your hand. this is how you place you hand on the mouse. this is how you move your hand while it's on the mouse. YOU DID IT *big shit eating grin*'

What some of us (or atleast me) may benifit for is more of a 'here is the file you downloaded it is a (file type and I don't mean rar zip pack ect I mean a download (as in goes in Downloads ) or collections) this is how you get it there. Oh look the file you unzipped/rared created it's own folder (like with the teddy bears mod for example) this is what you do you simply (move the entire folder to whatever is apropriate be it Downloads or collections/ open folder mopve what's inside to the apropriate place)

Before ANYONE starts throwing out 'noob' 'dumbass' 'troll' 'well ok let's see YOU do better!' like this was some kind of elementry school playyard I don't mean I'm better then you. I don't. as in DO NOT. I don't 'think I can do better'

I am simply giving an idea and stating what may work instead of/as well as what guides we have. No more. No less.

again apologising to you and yours in advance and thanking you as well

Meeki
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 9:26 PM
When you load the game and It asks you to allow the custom content, Click yes and then you have to restart the game and press yes again. I'm pretty sure that's how it works
The other one
#5 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meeki
the problem is the fracking download guide (again sites words not mine)

is too 'stupid' ...

Did you know that as well as the for idiots guide there's also a 'for geniuses' guide? That might be more up your street (though personally, I really needed the idiots version, lol):

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...acking_Geniuses

You might also find this article about getting CC to show up useful:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ame_Help:GCCTSU

PS Agree with Lewgen, this is the wrong place for this. Should either be in game help or site suggestions...or maybe both

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 10:40 PM
I am NOT NOT NOT saying I'm smarter or better then ANYONE! I'm NOT!

What I mean is for example it says to move packages to Downloads right? fine.

then it says some don't go to downloads they go to collections. 'some' not 'paints wall papers (just an example) go to collections' just 'some' Not even a hint. So I might have goofed up there as well lol.

But I digress.

ANYWAY I have a friend who (after the fact) I found out uses this place and she explained that stuff that goes into collections will go there AFTER you start the game. it all goes into downloads.

my (last) I hope question IS (and then I will shut my yap)

When extracting a zip or rar (option selected with WinRAR 'extract here' with 'here' being the folder you put your downloads from the site in) some have seperate folders. IE the teddy bear mod. What do I do with the folder (don't say shove it where the sun don't shine or anything like that. I'm serious)

Do I

A) put the entire folder 'as is' into Downloads

or

B) open the folder select all of what's in it and move what's in it to Downloads alone.

and one last note on the guide.

'some' is a perfectly good word but if you're thinking whoevers reading it is 'stupid' you gotta be clear. for example

'some medicine will give you some side effects' what medicine? what side effects?

isn't

Advil Tyonal Celebrex and Nuproxin (just pulling medicine names out of my butt) may give you (incert side efect list here)' better? It tells you not only WHAT objects they're talking about but WHAT the objects might do.

So really as a side note

Being clear helps for 'stupids' and for 'non stupids'

*gets off soapbox/high horse and goes back to cuteness that is the mods for children and nurseries on the sims 2 here*

again I am sorry if I have some off like I think I am 'smarter' or 'better' then ANYONE. I did NOT mean to sound that way I promise.
Alchemist
#7 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 10:47 PM
Hey, Don't worry, You didn't come off like that at all

When you extract the Zip/RAR and it extracts into another folder, You can put the entire folder into the downloads or you can go into the folder and copy-paste into downloads, It doesn't matter.

Anything with .Package will go into downloads and anything with .Collections will go into collections. Most of what you're downloading will be packagefiles.
The other one
#8 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Meeki
I am NOT NOT NOT saying I'm smarter or better then ANYONE! I'm NOT!

Sorry, I didn't realise I came across as if I was implying that. I thought I was being helpfull. I must've misunderstood your previous post: I thought you were asking for a more to the point, cut the baby steps sort of guide which is what the geniuses one is (Not that I've ever used it). Sorry for any offence caused.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 12:27 AM
Well I guess mods who did that was tired of 'argh how do i ....' stuff without the poster even trying. With my luck the other one would hurt my head even more. but IDK I think I found where I goofed up (Mea culpa Mea Culpa)
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: referred to FAQs and Game Help