Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 2:13 AM
Default Fav Sims family?
What's your favourite sims family? I'd love to hear some uncommon ones such as the McGreggor family
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 5:53 PM
At one point mine was the sims 3 wainwright but they were a scapegoat

I actually don’t care that much about them

But at one point I shipped Isabel Baldwin with Kimberly cordial, I called them Isoberly

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 5:52 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 26th Jul 2024 at 6:04 AM.
My favourite family by far is the family I made when i first started up the game -- Andrew and his mum Gloria. I count Andrew as my best friend, and his mum's not far behind. A few years ago Andrew and Gloria both got married to their respective boyfriends, Julian and Garry, in a double wedding at St. Simeon's Parish Church, Veronaville. When they got married, Andrew and Julian adopted double-barrelled names, so Andrew Jones became Andrew Jones-Moltke and Julian Moltke became Julian Moltke-Jones. A bit more conventionally, Garry Mackay took his wife's name, so became Garry Jones. Gloria is the star player of the Veronaville All-Stars. I've always been a bit vague about what sport they play, but I think it might be women's football (soccer). Julian is from a German family, so he pronounces his name as if it were "Yulian". Although no-one has ever died in our Veronaville, my game proceeds at a funereal pace, so, although they're married, Andrew and Julian are still teens and go to school. However they're on holiday (vacation) just now.

If you're asking about pre-made families, that's a harder question to answer, but I think my favourite may be the Capps. Which is odd, because initially I didn't like them. But it began to dawn on me, that the Sims who give the Capps a bad name, Consort, Cornwall and Albany, are all men who have married into this matrilineal family. Indeed Consort is no longer really a Capp at all, as he has remarried and moved out of Capp Manor. However as Consort Hutchins-Capp, he has kept the Capp part of his surname as his new wife, April Hutchins-Capp, originally a Veronaville townie, thinks it's prestigious. Consort and April recently had a baby together. I especially like the Capp girls, Juliette, Hernia and Miranda, who often hang out together, and tend to make a fun threesome. (Desdemona is still a child, and Ariel recently grew up to a child too. Desdemona though already has a boyfriend, Othello Moore, a lovely little black boy, son of the local grocer.) Juliette and Hermia now have Capp Manor to themselves. They are thinking of redecorating the interior and opening the Manor to the public. Tybalt has also married and moved out. As head of the Capp family, Her Esteemed Grace Grand Duchess Juliette Capp is constitutional Head of State in Veronaville. She doesn't let it go to her head though, typically she dresses very informally in a short miniskirt, and mixes freely with the other teens of the town.

One connection between these families is that Julian Moltke-Jones and Juliette Capp are platonic best friends and sometimes go on outings together. This will never turn into a romance -- Julian is 100% gay! Juliette's boyfriend is of course Romeo Monty. Now that Consort is out of the way, she might ask Romeo to move into the Manor.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 3:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Jul 2024 at 8:36 PM.
Premades - I think I had the most fun playing with the Curious brothers. Probably because of the alien babies... I've had several playthroughs with them. The other families, not so much. I've played with them, but none quite manage to capture my interest. When I first started playing, I did put together a family with a few of the original Uni sims, though - can't remember their names, but I did play them through several generations.

Fave family I've made? The Brooks family.

Made them in 2007 (I think? or 08?) 2008, and they still have a place in my game even now (been working on shaping up their neighborhood - brand new but still the "same-ish", much fewer random sims, most of the original buildings and a few new ones. A bit more optimized for pictures/storytelling this time - instead of starting out with an already somewhat used (original) Pleasantview, spreading everything through 2-3 hoods, and having +/-5 copies of each sim ).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Premades - I think I had the most fun playing with the Curious brothers. Probably because of the alien babies... I've had several playthroughs with them. The other families, not so much. I've played with them, but none quite manage to capture my interest. When I first started playing, I did put together a family with a few of the original Uni sims, though - can't remember their names, but I did play them through several generations.

Fave family I've made? Brooks family.

Made them in 2007 (I think? or 08?) and they still have a place in my game even now (been working on shaping up their neighborhood - brand new but still the "same-ish", much fewer random sims, most of the original buildings and a few new ones. A bit more optimized for pictures/storytelling this time - instead of starting out with an already somewhat used (original) Pleasantview, spreading everything through 2-3 hoods, and having +/-5 copies of each sim ).

Wait so have you been playing the SAME sims since 2007/8 or do you restart and recreate them Im so intruiged
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 8:11 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Jul 2024 at 8:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dontbebleakdahling
Wait so have you been playing the SAME sims since 2007/8 or do you restart and recreate them Im so intruiged

Not always the same sims, but the same characters. They're the main characters in a story. Some of them probably lasted through the latest chapters back in 2016 - I transferred the game from my first laptop to my main gaming laptop, so I used those sims for a good long while. The ones on my next two computers have been Bodyshop copies (had issues with running the old neighborhood on both of them).

Since 2016 I've mostly done photoshoots with them, often with younger versions of the kids (the story has been in hiatus for a while due to various reasons, but during the hiatus I've done an entire wall's worth of pictures to fill up the walls in their house. Felt they were missing some family pictures...).

Here's their first family pic (taken on my ancient laptop that still ran XP, and loading the game took 3+ hours )

(looks like it's from mid-2008, which makes sense now that I think about it)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dontbebleakdahling

LOL, and AndrewGloria is still playing the same sims that he started the game with. No restarts or aging.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Made them in 2007 (I think? or 08?) 2008, and they still have a place in my game even now (been working on shaping up their neighborhood - brand new but still the "same-ish", much fewer random sims, most of the original buildings and a few new ones. A bit more optimized for pictures/storytelling this time - instead of starting out with an already somewhat used (original) Pleasantview, spreading everything through 2-3 hoods, and having +/-5 copies of each sim ).

Where did you get the youngest girl's child and toddler hair?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 3:17 PM
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 3:22 PM
OMG Sim Sample has parents! XD And his dad is giving me Godbert from FFXIV vibes lol.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 8:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Jul 2024 at 8:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Where did you get the youngest girl's child and toddler hair?

Both are Peggysims, I think. Fairly sure both are pay/donation (booty...)
0508/00460 + 00468/0517/0042 (Peggy hairs have 2-3 numbers they go by, one for the set and one for the mesh, and sometimes an extra random number just for the added confusion).
Forum Resident
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 12:50 AM
For many years, my Neighbour family was the sole reason I continued playing The Sims 2, and I played with only them for well over a decade until just some years ago. It started with one sim, Neighbour Neighbour, who I created in 2008 at thirteen years old, in order to try out the new Freetime expansion. He would later marry and have 12 kids with Nina Caliente, and there's been several generations of Neighbours since.

Out of the premade families, the Grunt family was the first I thought of. When I "moved" (recreated) the current Neighbours to Strangetown a few years ago, I decided to play rotationally and include the premade households, though a lot of it was speeding through their days, just aging them up to keep the ages right, or turning them into townies. The Grunt family was the one I became really invested in, particularly Tank who's one of my favourite premade sims in all of The Sims 2.
To some extent my Neighbours played a part in that, too, his interactions and dynamics with them helped shape his character. For example, when he was still a teen he rolled a want to become friends with a man from the Neighbour family he'd just met, a man who was pretty much the opposite of his dad. When Tank became an adult, I put him in the dance career and among others he made friends with a guy from the Neighbour family who was in the same career, and was an alien.
I like Ripp and Buck a lot too. And General Buzz has his moments. I moved the Picasos into the Grunt house and he was pretty much like an extra dad, or a grandfather, to their kids (or, their oldest daughter - unbeknownst to Matthew Picaso he was actually the father of the second two...). Plus, as a kid I was amused by his very existence in general (no pun intended), mostly because of his name and appearance. Me and my older sibling still to this day call the hairstyle that he has a "General Buzz cut" (or rather, "General Snagg-frisyr", it kinda sounds funnier in Swedish).

I'm also very much enjoying playing Veronaville, though it's harder to really pick a favourite. Some of my favourite individuals in that hood come from the Monty and Capp families, such as Beatrice, Benedick and Desdemona, but viewed as a family, as one whole, I am fond of the Summerdreams.

I am Error.
Scholar
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 2:11 AM
The Grunt family is also my favorite of all the premade families as well. I've had the most well-developed storylines starring them. Their characters could be seen as stereotyped, but when I play them, they seem so much more complex than that, and that complexity only emerges over time.

If I were going to pick a less common family, I'd pick the Travellers. They are there for whatever crazy storyline I can think of for them. Werewolf family, vampire family, ghost-hunter family, multiple alien abduction family, have a bunch of kids while spending all their money family. Tina grows up very well and has a strong personality, and whenever they inevitably have more kids, I always name them T names or name them after cities or both. Tacoma Traveller is a favorite name of mine. They're the only bin family I still keep around so that I can throw them into a hood when they're needed. I think because they are from "away," they can easily become what I need to them to be, but they still have distinct personalities. I just see them as being game for anything.