Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 7:50 PM
Default Miss Sim Universe Round 1 up! Needs at least 7 more contestants!
Miss Sim Universe!
Do you think you are the pretty sim every imagined? Are you an alien?! Then this is probably the beauty pageant for you.
Rules:
1. Your sim MUST be an alien.
2. No bashing other Sims
3. Photoshopping your sim is NOT allowed
4. Only one contestant per person
5. Follow all S2C rules
6. Have fun!!!!
Guidelines
-You sim must be female
-Must be over 21
-Must be of alien decent
-No furries please
-Must have either alien skin tone or eyes, or both
Applications!!
-Name
-hobbies
-Dislikes
-Short Bio
Rounds
There will be at least one
Round One Hanging out
Round Two The Family Tree
Round Three The Big Day
Judges (NEEDED!)
1.emodawg
2.neurophobic
3.ash
4.iheartducks
Contestants
1. Blithe Riner Application
2.Jaxi Macadema Application
3.Amber Geisey Application
4.Garnette Hjördis Application
Prize!!!

Miss Jade Phillips

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 6:48 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 2.23.09
Ends 3.23.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 6:52 AM
I'm here!
Pictures for Application round are:
First shot.
Just the face, making sure you highlight their best facial features.
Second headshot
They're body in some form of modeling pose. I'd like to see time in something classy but casual.
Third headshot
A candid shot. Them doing yoga or painting or something like that.
Fourth (optional)
A formal shot. Them at some sort of event. Candid but very classy in a formal dress, an up-do for hair. If their hair is short it still needs to be nice.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 8:08 AM
I have a sim in mind, I have posted her a BUNCH of times in the female thread but she has aliens eyes. So, I guess I can use her, yes?
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 9:56 AM
The guidelines say your sim can have either alien skintone and/or eyes. So yea I guess you can let your sim join!

I really want to join this one! If I get enough time I would probably have an application by tomorrow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 3:36 PM
cavilez1987 Yes she is most defiantly welcome. =]
LovingMonday Well I'd love for you to join =] The rounds won't be to time consuming. I promise

Forum Resident
#7 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 7:47 PM
How many pictures would you like? If for a headshot, do you want it on a plain background?
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 7:59 PM
After I finish re-doing the Pleasant Palace, I'll send Jaxi shopping so she can vie for that universal crown. All she has is the dumb clothes she grew up with.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 9:41 PM
cavilez1987 For headshots
First shot.
Just the face, making sure you highlight their best facial features.
Second headshot
They're body in some form of modeling pose. I'd like to see time in something classy but casual.
Third headshot
A candid shot. Them doing yoga or painting or something like that.
and Fourth (optional)
A formal shot. Them at some sort of event. Candid but very classy in a formal dress, an up-do for hair. If their hair is short it still needs to be nice.
Deatherella Well send her shopping and get her over here!

Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 9:54 PM
OK thanks. I'll get my app up soon.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 12:32 AM
Name: Blithe Riner
Hobbies: Science (Go figure)
Likes: I love a good book, smarts in a man, and food (I mean who doesn't)
Dislikes: If you smell, get away from me. I also hate cockyness.
Short Bio: My name is Blithe Riner and I am half-alien, half-human. I feel that I am very lucky to be accepted in this world like a normal person would be. I was born here, but I still try to figure out where I came from. My parents never really told me anything about it, I think they were scared. It just made me want to know more about the planet.

I love to model, it's nice knowing that you are beautiful, no matter where you come from.

I have to stay fit. If I don't exercise, I WILL get fat from the different types of foods that I love to eat.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 12:59 AM
cavilez1987 Very excellent =] Woot for being my first applicant!

Scholar
#13 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 7:34 PM
Does the casual shot have to be of her alone or with her peeps? I have a great shot of Jaxi doing one of her favorite things with family and would like to use that.

I am so happy with my pc -- when I was goofing off with Jaxi and getting her household all straightened out from the last time I played that lot, I was in the middle of getting her ready to change clothes for posing, and my pc announces it did an auto update and wants to restart. I think I fought it 3 times before my game reloaded long enough to hit save. And, when I get out of here, I'm going to go see if my progress got saved. The last time I played all of them (the whole family) when I had Jaxi shoot Astra (the purple lady) it all got borked up. After she shot her with the disease gun, all the peeps I'd moved off the lot to get them out of the way, all appeared at the teleporters sitting like they were in a car and got up and started walking around as NPC's. Wierd. And then when I went to quit the lot, there was no save option. So when I went back on the lot yesterday, Jackdaw was still pregnant, Jaxi was a toddler, the other kids were kids, and the four maids that should have died from old age are still swaying their bums through the ship. I spent a couple hours getting it all back to where they are grown up to where they ought to be -- hate reliving Sims lives.

Oh, well, to make a long story short, I might have to grow them all up again when I play today. But, at least, I have one pic. Hoping I can use that one since it's a nice one of her, with family in it.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 10:19 PM
Casual does not have to be alone

Scholar
#15 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 2:30 AM
Oh, good. I like the pic better of her with family instead of the one where I move-object'd the rest of them out of the way.

Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 12:56 PM
On the alien skin tone, do they have to be maxis green or could they be a poor star trekker from a distant galaxy far far away?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 2:47 PM
Any alien skintone. Basically, not human lol or furries

Scholar
#18 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 10:09 AM
Default Jaxi Macadema - Applicaton
Hi, my name's Jaxi Macadema. I'm 121 years old. That may seem old to you, but longevity of life runs in my family. Presently, I live on an old Klingon Bird of Prey that my father owns. We're docked across the street from my sort of Aunt Debbie's home in Pleasantville on Simearth. (Vitals)

I'm so excited about life, right now, that it's hard to say what I like most. My brothers recently rescued me and my clones from the evil Rainbow Race and I'm having so much fun getting to know all my brothers and sisters and cousins and relatives. I think one of the things I like most about life is making choices. Yep, making choices. Freedom is soooooooo good. I love it. Let's see, also, I like real food, going outside to dance in the rain, my family - can't forget the family! (Likes)

I dislike oppression by races who think they have the right to manipulate other races. Science experiments can go the way of the dinosaur for all I care. Needles -- yuck!!!! I don't much care for taking out the trash, that creepy old dude named Mortimer that lives on the next block, sword practice -- I am just no good at this but my dad says I must learn this skill just like all the rest of my siblings
have. (Dislikes)

When we're not taking care of business, I love to be creative. I've almost finished my first painting. It's so fun. But my most favorite activity is rocking out with my family. My dad has a band room set up where we all go to do some jamming and dancing. It's my most favorite hobby. I love music and hope to master the skills needed to become a great performer. (Hobbies)

My father, Jackdaw Macadema, had me after he was abducted and impregnated by RR jerks. Don't know who the other half is . . . could be male, could be female. I was born in a military bunker in Section 69 outside Strangetown. Shortly after that, my dad bought the warship we live on.

When I was a very small child, about the time I had learned to walk, I was kidnapped by the Rainbow Race and held prisoner for over a hundred years on the Hidden Host. I do not remember my early days very well, but I remember feeling warm and safe and loved in my father's arms. I really don't like talking about my life at Beta Sector on HH, I was forced to keep a distance from all others for most of my life while their scientists used me as a guinea pig. If it weren't for an attack on the planet while I was a teenager, I wouldn't even have my clones for friends. They let us hang together, supposedly some buddy-system notion, after that. So to make a long story short: Evil scientists used my dad for impregnation, out pops me, steal me, use me for science experiments to find eternal life, make clones of me, brothers rescue me (and said clones), we find a friend of a friend of a friend that uses her magic powers to revive our father, and am happy and content with my humongous family here on a battleship docked across from my uncle's girlfriend's house. Yep, that about says it all in a nutshell.
Questions, anyone?

Head Shot:

Here' my face. I bet you can tell how much I look like my dad.

Body Shot:

My dad is constantly telling me to stop so he can look at me while I walk about the ship. Here's a pic from one of those times.

Candid Shot:

I love rockin' out with my dad. He said he'd teach me to play guitar, too. I'm so excited.

Formal Shot:

My father invited me to attend the coronation of the new king of Orion. I was so nervous -- it was my very first formal affair. I spent hours running amuk trying to get myself ready. Couldn't make up my mind what dress to wear, what hair style (as countless bridal magazines and hair salon net sites will attest to, Jaxi's hair IS an up-do) and all that girly-I-gotta-get-ready stuff.
Once we were there, my dad was always at my side and he helped me from being nervous around all those important strangers. I really enjoyed the evening despite my initial twitters. One thing for sure -- I gots to learn me that smustle dance! Everyone seemed to be having so much fun doing it.

***I did spend hours and hours in bridal magazines and internet sites last fall helping look for styles for a wedding. If hair is pulled up, whether or not some is left falling down the back, it is considered an up-do. By the experts. Here is a link of a face shot of her in the formal pic, so you can see that her hair is pulled up from the front and left hanging down the back. No pony tail in case you were wondering. It's a do.
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/...al-fullface.jpg ****

#19 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 1:14 PM
sounds like a cool contest, i might have just the perfect sim for this...

will photoshopping be needed in the rounds?
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 2:35 PM
Default Amber Giesey - Application
Name
Amber Giesey

Hobbies
Hiking and other nature-related activities.

Fresh fruit juice, flowers and more more fresh fruits picked carefully from her garden.

Dislikes
Messy and stinky places, animal testing, having her plants die.

Short Bio
Amber lived her whole life without the accompany of other people instead of her family. And she doesn't feel bad about it. She does what she wants to do and that's what really matter for her, her passion for nature and the support of her family are just enough for her to be happy. Now, she lives on her own in a place where she can do whatever she wanna do without the cruel world she used to have before.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 7:30 AM
Bellie Nope. I don't make people do things I can't XD lol srsly though, Photoshopping is actually not allowed in this contest. I want your sims to be as you play them. And I won't make you like go back in time and all that crap. Just don't let them turn into elders. Cause then you'll have problems.

#22 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 5:10 PM
allright! I think i'll join this one~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 1:53 AM
woot! another member!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 5:25 AM
[CENTER] Round 1
In this round we basically get to hang out with your sim. You will show us their typical day. From getting up, to going to bed. Simple right? Snap a few pictures and explain yourself. Not exactly.
Rules:
-You may at least 5 pictures
-You may have no more then 6 pictures
-You MUST have atleast 3 sentences per picture.
-You may NOT have over 6 sentences per picture (I don't wanna read a book)
-No Plumbobs may be present in pictures
Pictures
One picture must depict the morning routine.
One picture must depict the afternoon routine
One picture must depict the evening routine.
One picture must depict their job accurately (If unemployed then that must be depicted too)
One picture must depict favorite hobbie
And the 6th picture is option so it's a free style picture. A chance to give us more insight into your sims life.

Scholar
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 12:17 AM
" The winner of this specific round will receive a secret prize. And the contestant with the lowest score will have to leave. "

Um, are you sure you really want to do that since there are only three of us at the moment? Not that it wouldn't work great if there were a slew of us, but that would make it down to just two people competing against eachother.

Page 1 of 2