Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 1:35 PM
Default Plastic Surgery Randomness Question
Whenever the machine malfunctions and gives the sim a random face, is there a set amount of faces it chooses from or is it completely random every single time?
Does anyone know where in the coding this information would be?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#3 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 10:01 AM Last edited by Nopke : 15th Aug 2022 at 1:38 PM.
It looks like there are 12 fail face types in total: 9 shared, 2 male only, and 1 female only.

You can find their meshes in [University EP directory]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bundle.package
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
All related codes as far as I know like that involve a random number generator or selector, that might randomly move CAS like in game hidden sliders to a preordained or all possible limit setting.

Faces in TS2 are controlled via morphs, so I'm not surprised there's preset morphs for the plastic surgery faces.

For TS2 faces there's base morphs, and there's sliders you can set in either Bodyshop or CAS, but whatever is set with those sliders seem to be added to the base, so what comes out of CAS or Bodyshop, or whatever morph the sim is born with is the one that sticks. The sliders are also morphs. The game doesn't apply sliders via random generator/selector in any way other than what you do in Bodyshop/CAS.

Genetics are a mix of the parents' faces. Not entirely sure if it can do a gradient between the parents when they have a kid (big nose + small nose = big OR small OR medium-sized nose), or just picks whatever face features from each parent (big nose OR small nose, but no gradients) - I don't play around much with face genetics these days.

The plastic surgery faces and any changes done with the machine are not genetic.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 9:20 PM
Face features (eye, nose, etc) are inherited randomly by offspring, but there is no blending (large + small does not equal medium). Plastic surgery (via the maxis machine, or by a mod) can be made genetic via CPack editor.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
It looks like there are 13 fail face types in total: 9 shared, 2 male only, and 1 female only.

You can find their meshes in [University EP directory]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bundle.package

That is really interesting @Nopke thanks for sharing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
It looks like there are 13 fail face types in total: 9 shared, 2 male only, and 1 female only.

Oh god, these would be hysterical as face defaults. These pics made me laugh.
Space Pony
#8 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
Oh god, these would be hysterical as face defaults. These pics made me laugh.

I thought of making sliders from them I'm curious how inverses of those faces look like.