Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 3:51 AM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:29 PM.
Default Super Fan Celebrity Challenge (my first challenge)
I haven't seen anything like this so far, but if there is, send me a link.

Super Fan Celebrity Challenge

Intro
You are watching your favorite celebrity on TV and you suddenly get the crazy idea to become a celebrity and become friends with (actually marry) your idol.

(Yes this may sound a little creepy, but, this is what comes out of my brain after being on tumblr a little too long one night.)

Setup and Rules

1. Create the celebrity of your choice (or just use any sim.)

Required traits: Star Quality and Snob
Other traits: Up to you, but, should accurately depict the celebrity

2. Use cheats to get your celebrity a mansion and get them to 5 star status. You may have to play a day or two as the celebrity to do this. Once your celebrity is 5 stars stop playing as this sim.

3. Create your sim. Looks are up to you.

Your sim must have one negative trait
Cannot have charismatic, schmoozer, great kisser, hopeless romantic, irresistible,or flirty
Traits cannot cater to skills and jobs that are not allowed (Explained later)

Home

No money cheats allowed.

Either move into a 1 bed/1 bath house or build a house on the smallest lot available containing only these items:
1 single bed
1 toilet
1shower
1 sink
1 fridge
1counter
1 stove
1 table
1 chair
1 bookcase

Items must be the cheapest available and you have to have 500 simoleons left after building.

Work

The truth is not all jobs are glamorous. And, since you are trying to get the attention of your idol (and be publicly respectable) there are certain jobs that the celebrity elite are more attuned to.

Acceptable jobs and professions
Acrobat
Athletic
Band
Culinary
Film
Magician
Music
Painter
Photographer
Singer
Stylist
Writer

Skills

The charisma skill is required to advance in your quest. More on that later.

As for other skills, you are only allowed to do the skill set(s) required for your job. (ex. A band member would only learn any or all of the musical instruments.)

A note on cooking and mixology:
Your sim can cook with the ingredients supplied, since the fridge comes stocked. But, once the food runs out, you have to stop cooking and only eat small meals (cereal, soup, ice cream, etc.)
No grocery shopping
No eating at restaurants
No purchasing meals from the fridge

You are trying to save up for your dream house.

Mixology is considered a social skill, meaning it can be used for entertainment at parties. You can't buy your own bar for your starter home, but you can have one in your dream home. Learning it is not required and can be done at your own pace.

Social Status

For every star level you gain you need to be at the double multiple of that in your job and charisma. (ex. 1 star requires level 2 job/ charisma; 2 stars=level 4, and so on)

You may only talk to people that are the same level as you.
You may not progress to the next star level until the job and charisma requirements are met.
ex: To start out you may not talk to a 1 star celebrity until you are level 2 in job and charisma.
Once you go up a star, you may not talk to those beneath you.
If, for some reason, you star level increases before work and charisma, you may not talk to anyone.
You may not talk to your celebrity idol until you are a 5 star celebrity.
Once you max out charisma, work, and star status, you may talk to anyone you like.
You may attend any party you're invited to, but, you must leave if there is no one at your level to talk to.

Money and Your Dream Home

Once you have your starter home, the only things you are allowed to spend money on are bills (obviously) and the repairman ( you can't level up handiness.) Remember you are saving up to buy your dream home. Part of this challenge is getting a better home to impress other celebrities.

Your dream home can either be pre-existing or you may build it on another lot in edit town. But, your dream home must have everything your sim could ever want (you don't have to buy everything) because you shouldn't have to constantly buy little things. When you purchase your dream home you should have 5000 simoleons left over (remember you're rich now) and (again) you shouldn't have to buy anything else (except food; finally!)

Opportunities and Lifetime Rewards

Opportunities and lifetime rewards can be done and purchased. But, lifetime rewards cannot help a sim socially or financially (attractive, master of seduction, no bills ever, etc.) Opportunities can only be accepted if the sim does not have to travel, purchase anything, or anything else that would conflict with skills.

Meeting Your Idol

You're in your dream home and you're an A list celebrity. You can now host parties, eat real food, and talk to anyone you want.

Now, you can't just go up to him/her and spam interactions for hours. It normally doesn't work like that in reality.

Acquaintance - 5 interactions per day
Friend - 10 interactions per day
Good Friend - 15 interactions per day
Best Friend - 20 interactions per day

After you have been best friends for 10 days you can make your move romantically.

Romantic Interest
Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Fiance
Husband/Wife

At least 1 sim day must pass between each stage of courtship. (Monday: romantic interest Tuesday: nothing Wednesday: boyfriend/girlfriend)

When you get married, you must have a wedding party with exclusive access.

Losing

There are a few ways to lose this challenge:
If the repo man comes (this shouldn't be a problem, but just in case)
If you spend any money on anything (except bills and repairs)
If you move into your dream home prematurely (don't have 5,000 left over after purchase)
During courtship (before wedding) if any of your romantic interactions are rejected, you are instantly in the friend zone and the challenge ends.

Winning

Once you marry your true love you win! Yay! Keep playing if you wish; maybe play the next generation. Hope you have fun.

Notes

I'm trying this only with World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, and Supernatural.
I listed irresistible which is from University Life (which I don't have yet); I did some research on traits (couldn't remember them all) and noticed this was kind of challenge breaking.

You can play on any life span.

Let me know what you think, if it's too detailed or I'm missing something.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 2:17 AM
I really like the idea of this challenge. It's not too challenging, its complex and interesting, and the idea behind it is not too far from the average real life super fan's dream. lol
I'll give this challenge a go. It would definitely make a nice story, and I really need a break from all the challenges I'm doing right now that involve huge families and crying babies. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lexi
I really like the idea of this challenge. It's not too challenging, its complex and interesting, and the idea behind it is not too far from the average real life super fan's dream. lol
I'll give this challenge a go. It would definitely make a nice story, and I really need a break from all the challenges I'm doing right now that involve huge families and crying babies. Thanks!

Great! I hope you have fun. Let me know how it goes.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 10:15 AM
Wouldn't buying food make it harder?
I mean, free food is nice and all, but it's unrealistic.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 8:41 PM
Okay, loving this challenge! I'm gonna start soon, after I'm done with some other challenges ^_^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by playeroflif3
Wouldn't buying food make it harder?
I mean, free food is nice and all, but it's unrealistic.

True. But, I was thinking more of the penny pinching aspect of it, you know, being broke and having to eat the cheapest thing. Also, these foods don't fill you up as well as regular food, so you kind of have to manage your time a bit.