Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 10:55 PM
Default Request from members- Re: Deleting threads
Hi @Tashiketh,

Recently there have been a spate of threads deleted from the Sims 2 community forum.
https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=558
Some of these threads contained interesting discussion about the Sims 2 game, and other members were enjoying them. There has been discussion about the deleted threads, starting here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....244#post5897244
As you can see, several of the most prolific posters, myself included, are wondering if it might be possible to change the forum permissions in the discussion forums, so that the thread starter might not be allowed to delete the entire thread. Some members like to refer back to previous discussions, and others like to keep tabs on their post count, which makes it distressing when someone deletes an active and interesting discussion.

We would be very pleased if you could consider this request!
Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 12:38 AM
The conversation about it continues on the next page as a new person showed up and did the whole make posts delete thing yet again. I haven't been active for a while so I've missed most of it, but I agree that it is a nuisance for people participating in the threads when the whole thing vanishes so I just wanted to highlight that the conversation re-appears after people went back to talking about game things for a bit.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 12:37 PM
@simsample @gummilutt Thanks for the thread and the information. I've gone ahead and implemented this change in the Discussion forums. Members can no now longer delete their own threads.

If you have any examples of long running threads that need restoring, please let us know.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 10:13 PM
Thanks Tashiketh! That's just what I wanted. I intended to post here in Site Questions and Issues, but I'm afraid I didn't get round to it. I'll blame Real Life. They weren't all that long-running but a couple of MrFlames's threads were quite interesting, and most of the regulars in the Sims 2 forum had posted in them. One was about favourite pre-made families, and one was about the most disliked family. I would quite like to see that one back, as I had a post in that thread had attracted about 10 Funnies. I think there was another quite interesting thread started by MrFlames, but I'm afraid I can't remember what t was about! The sad thing about MrFlames is that, when he wasn't being stupid, he could actually be quite interesting.

Thanks again!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Thanks for the thread and the information. I've gone ahead and implemented this change in the Discussion forums.

Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I intended to post here in Site Questions and Issues, but I'm afraid I didn't get round to it. I'll blame Real Life. They weren't all that long-running but a couple of MrFlames's threads were quite interesting, and most of the regulars in the Sims 2 forum had posted in them. One was about favourite pre-made families, and one was about the most disliked family.

Hehe, I noticed that you posted about how busy you were, that's why I posted for you. Someone began a new thread about the pre-mades, so maybe that will be just as interesting.