Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM
Default family funds cheat
am i doing it right? i'm in the edit town thing or whatever, and type

familyFunds Name 50000 in the cheat box, and it says it's an unknown command?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:48 AM
The familyFunds cheat is only TS2 I believe.. Not TS3. Could be wrong though.
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:15 AM
familyfunds only works in TS3 when you have testingcheatsenabled true on
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:20 AM
familyfunds Smith 50000

I do hope you are replacing the 'name' with the families surname :P
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:22 AM
alyria80: I used it the other day without it being on I am sure, since I always turn testingcheats off straight after using it, it wouldn't have been on.
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:39 AM
Shrug. Sometimes it was working for me, sometimes I'd get the same message the OP was getting. I finally figured out the times it wasn't working was when I had testingcheats disabled. I can reproduce this in my game 100% of the time. I'm positive that that's the difference between it working and not working in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
familyfunds Smith 50000

I do hope you are replacing the 'name' with the families surname :P

lol yes i am

thanks! i'll try the testingcheats and see if that works..
Instructor
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:11 PM
Also if the reason you are doing it is to move in a family you can do "freerealestate" and move any family into any house.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Also if the reason you are doing it is to move in a family you can do "freerealestate" and move any family into any house.

ahhh thanks!! :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:21 AM
motherlode cheat still works for me in TS3
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:43 AM
I'd just use motherlode. It seems less risky than using the testing cheats. I have had some unstable game play with that.

Didn't know about the free real estate. Thanks for the tip.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:13 AM
In order to use motherlode, though... You have to have moved the family into a cheap house/lot and such, familyfunds is much easier cause you can do it before you move them into a lot. :D

Occasionally insane, but always friendly.
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suzicube
I'd just use motherlode. It seems less risky than using the testing cheats. I have had some unstable game play with that.

Didn't know about the free real estate. Thanks for the tip.

There are a couple of reasons to use familyfunds instead of motherlode. For one familyfunds works when the sim is still in the bin so you don't have to place them in an empty lot to buy an expensive house (though now we have freerealestate to fix that problem). But personally the number 1 reason I use familyfunds is to REDUCE the amount of money my sim has.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 11:32 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 16th Jun 2009 at 3:24 PM. Reason: Removing random image
I have tried everything, I have testingcheatsenabled true, and checked that it is working by going to the mailbox; I then type in familyFunds Mac Baren 10000 and nothing hapens. the game does seem to recognize the cheat but will not change the familys funding. BTW: Mac Baren is the family's last name just in case there might have been any confusion. Am I missing something?

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Admin justanothersimssite.com
Instructor
#15 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 11:39 AM
It is definately TS3 and yes it works with testing cheats enabled.

It is in the help all list.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:17 PM
if it's any consolation, neither family funds or freerealestate work in my game.

Yes, I have testingcheatsenable true on as well.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:26 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 16th Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM. Reason: Removing random image
shadohart :
As we all know Misery loves company, but I am still sorry to hear you have the same problem. Hope we can find a solution.

FIDO

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Field Researcher
#18 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fido
I have tried everything, I have testingcheatsenabled true, and checked that it is working by going to the mailbox; I then type in familyFunds Mac Baren 10000 and nothing hapens. the game does seem to recognize the cheat but will not change the familys funding. BTW: Mac Baren is the family's last name just in case there might have been any confusion. Am I missing something?

FamilyFunds works for me without testingcheatsenabled. Just throwing out an idea, perhaps the problem is the space in the last name? Have you tried it on a family without a space in their last name?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:47 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 16th Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM. Reason: Removing random animated gif
Scout :

Great idea, I went to city hall and did a name change, save the game and tried again: No Joy. but thanks for responding. BTW without testingcheatsenabled I get the dreaded unknown command.

FIDO

Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:33 PM
*sniff*

I cannot even get the console up... so not even motherlode works...
pressing (CTRL) + (SHIFT) + (C) just does not do anything...

any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:51 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 16th Jun 2009 at 3:22 PM. Reason: Removing random animated gif
Hi all

Problem solved, thanks to you all; and especially to caterpillar over at simlogical.com who suggested I try it in Edit Town mode, and not in live mode. Sorry for all the bother, but thanks again for your responses.
As for the cheat console, works fine for me, but I have heard suggestions that on some machines you need to also use the windows key to make the console appear. I have never needed to try it myself, but who knows, it might work.

fido

Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM
Thank you very much!

Windows-Key works..
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:17 PM
I've tried it with "testingcheatsenabled true" and it hasn't worked.. I'm going to play later and try with no household active... I can't get it to work and its annoying! I want a poor family but they have like 20000 simoleons!

LiamHeartsTheSims

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiamHeartsTheSims

Hmm, I think that today I will get some grilled cheese, pee in the store and complain loudly about my light fittings.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:19 PM
Does anyone know, will familyfunds still work if there are two households in the neighborhood with the same last name? One of the members of my Anderson family moved out and into another home. Will it still work?
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:35 PM
Thanks guys, was about to post asking if there was a way to reduce funds I'm doing the homeless Sim thing, have a cheap lot just because I have to, and now have 14,000 simoleans that aren't going to get spent in a hurry!
Page 1 of 2