Replies: 1312 (Who?), Viewed: 122269 times.
Page 53 of 53
Scholar
#1301 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 1:37 PM
@matrix54 They don't show everything they do publicly - patrons get a lot of more insight into the development and they definitely have been working on the foundations for simulation and planning for it for along time now. Ofcourse they're not gonna show things publicly until they're ready. Ofcourse things are bound to change, but it's incorrect that they're not working on the simulation aspect of the game.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#1302 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 11:12 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 24th Dec 2021 at 8:05 AM.
I’m not implying they aren’t, but we’ve been seeing the same things over and over again (but better looking of course), and small additions.

As I’m incorrect, please tell me what has been shown that I am not aware of. Has what I complained about been shown (not simply discussed)? WIP content is the bread and butter of patreon.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1303 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 2:00 AM
Nothing regarding gameplay has been shown. All the content is about paramaker and build mode. Which worries me to say the least. If those were what I truly cared about I would be fine with sims 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#1304 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 8:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
They keep calling it a simulation, but where is the simulation?

Gee, it's almost as if the game isn't finished yet...And they aren't pretending to be finished either.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#1305 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
Gee, it's almost as if the game isn't finished yet...And they aren't pretending to be finished either.

Well, when you create a life simulation game, what people expect is how the simulation works, just like creating an RPG game that we expect to see how the combat, stats and battle system work, not goes straight to polishing character creation.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#1306 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 1:58 PM
Yes, would be nice to see some indication of how the simulation and gameplay is working out. I love making characters and building in Sims 4, but gameplay is what lets it down in my opinion, so I wouldn't want another game like that! I agree with you on that @tysika !

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Inventor
#1307 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 9:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion

NO ONE is asking for a finished version of the game. We're just asking to see SOMETHING... ANYTHING that's related to the core gameplay of the game. Building and creating characters is just a tiny component of a LIFE SIMULATOR. We haven't even seen a Para interact with their environment (other than that fake Sebastian's summer video. We know it was faked because they haven't even started working on the simulation basics when that video was released).
Mad Poster
#1308 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 9:48 PM
What about Maggie going to the drawer?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#1309 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 11:58 PM
The development process is transparent (as it needs to be with crowdfunding) and I don't see anything wrong with the order of development. They've been brainstorming gameplay ideas with the community for the last year and they're taking baby steps but still making progress on the simulation--the game is pre-alpha.

My expectations just might be a lot lower than everyone else but pulling out some gameplay bits from the progress summary and this looks like "something" to me:

March 2021
???? Recruited Étienne (programmer)

April 2021
????️ Made progress on the character action and interactions systems and its mod support

May 2021
????️ Researches and design of features related to the personality of the Parafolks

November 2021
????️ Worked on locomotion animations as well as other new animations

Current Status - January 2022
➡️ Designing and implementing the animation system and its mod support

Next Steps
???? Simulation mode basics: interactions, animations, pathfinding

https://www.paralives.com/development
Mad Poster
#1310 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 1:45 AM
I too do really think they're quite stalling with gameplay footage. But alias, maybe in few years they start working on it. If it doesn't end up being a succesful simulation game, then how well - it fails, and the description of it will change to designer game. It's not really a big of a deal. Expectations won't be met, that's all. But hey - I'm sure it offer and win over the same level as I said like before - being a better Build and Create A Character Game that be out in. And maybe, the project will restart again for another attempt at a life simulator, with the team learning from their mistakes (which is often the philosophy how projects get achieved, for being better than the previous work).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#1311 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 9:39 PM
Game has been in development since 2019. I'd expect to see some basic systems, with placeholders etc. As Naus said, this a life simulation game. Kinda expected the focus to on that. I really want it to come to fruition but I'm starting to feel like I'm not sure it will.
Alchemist
#1312 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 3:42 AM
I am not holding my breath about this and as said before unless the Para are changed drastically odds are I may not want this.
Scholar
#1313 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 1:18 AM
Maybe there is no interesting gameplay to be shown yet. Creating the assets (art, objects, animations,etc) takes the most man-hours for a 3d game anyway. And some of the game logic would not work without the intended assets anyway. Unless you want some abstract representation of the gameplay or ugly assets with the risk that many people might not understand that they are looking at placeholders. Any kind of demonstration setup also means extra work. Which for a small team might not be the best idea.

I am not sure if we are in the best position to judge here from these forums. We are not talking about a decades old franchise here.
Page 53 of 53