Replies: 15 (Who?), Viewed: 425 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 4:44 PM
Default Things that cause infinite loading screen loop?
For me, is when I leave restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false cheat running after modifying lots, like putting a RH rug in them or a penthouse/high-rise building. What causes you the loading screen?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 8:44 PM
Usually whenever I've enabled buydebug mode. Even if I disable it again when I've done, I still get an infinite loop when I try to go back to live mode. It doesn't happen every time, and seems to happen in some worlds more than others. Rather than risk losing progress, or hours worth of work on some building project, I make sure that I save the game beforehand, just in case.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 11:56 PM
@Elynda You're running decrap fix? Need to remove that before you enter buydebug. But most bd things like the hidden lights and markers, there are mods which put them in the regular buying area.

This is the only known consistent infinite loading bug, I have not heard RBB would cause this as I use it very often and never turn it off.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 12:51 AM
Aha! So that's what causes it! Yes I am running decrap fix, I installed it some time ago because certain Store items are glitched. Oh well then, I just need to temporarily remove it whenever I plan on using buydebug. Another little problem solved. Thanks nitromon!

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#5 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 6:08 AM
I have had that just a few times. One time it was on a lot with a hidden marker. One time I was building a resort and nothing was unusual.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
@Elynda You're running decrap fix? Need to remove that before you enter buydebug. But most bd things like the hidden lights and markers, there are mods which put them in the regular buying area.

This is the only known consistent infinite loading bug, I have not heard RBB would cause this as I use it very often and never turn it off.

Oh, so that's what could cause it? I was starting to get sick of not being able to place a simple stage for SHT performance lot. Was starting to piss me off, as I'm unable to save any of buydebug items without running into infinite loading screen problem

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 1:28 AM
there is a possible work around that I have never tried. If you can put the buydebug item in "collections" ... in the future you may be able to place them without going into buydebug. However, I am unsure if this will resolve the issue. I do know for markers and hidden lights, there are mods (here on MTS) which recategorized them in misc. But I think they're clones. So at the very least, you can clone your items and put them in other category so you don't go into buydebug.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 3:16 PM
It worked. But will I need to get rid of decrap to use it everytime? Is there no alternative to that store fix?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 3:33 PM
I think the only alternative would be to not use decrappified store packs
Forum Resident
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:43 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:34 AM.
I think the decrap fixes are only necessary in the first place because decrapping (as in, using the actual decrapify.exe from Pescado) actually breaks the links and references inside of the content in store Sims3Packs. If you use s3rc (such as if you still want to convert them to packages and such later for anything you own), you shouldn't run into that problem because it does nothing else besides removing the encryption, which is necessary if you want to make them into packages or alter anything in S3PE. Everything else is kept intact.

I really wish there was something somewhere that explained that difference between the two. Most people just slap everything over decrapify because it's considered standard knowledge by now. Most don't even know that s3rc does the same thing, but with a much better method.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 5:22 PM
Yes- as Jathom95 says, no need to decrapify at all- just use s3rc -f to use store packs. If you don't know how to invoke that from a command line, or write a batch file to do it, then try JFade's frontend interface over at DJSsims.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 5:33 PM
And I'm unsure if this is a component of JFade's version as well, but if you use the s3rc.exe version from Pescado over at MATY (it's in the same archive as decrapify.exe), you can also simply drag a store Sims3Pack over s3rc.exe where it should then say "Open with...". Doing so will cause a command prompt window to open for a split second, which means it should've worked. After that, you can open use Multi-Installer on them or open them up with S3PE or whatever.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
I think the decrap fixes are only necessary in the first place because decrapping (as in, using the actual decrapify.exe from Pescado) actually breaks the links and references inside of the content in store Sims3Packs. If you use s3rc (such as if you still want to convert them to packages and such later for anything you own), you shouldn't run into that problem because it does nothing else besides removing the encrpytion, which is necessary if you want to make them into packages or alter anything in S3PE. Everything else is kept intact.

I really wish there was something somewhere that explained that difference between the two. Most people just slap everything over decrapify because it's considered standard knowledge by now. Most don't even know that s3rc does the same thing, but with a much better method.


I agree. This is the first time I'm hearing about this. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
I agree. This is the first time I'm hearing about this. Thank you!

You're welcome! Honestly, the more people that know about it, the better.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
Aha! So that's what causes it! Yes I am running decrap fix, I installed it some time ago because certain Store items are glitched. Oh well then, I just need to temporarily remove it whenever I plan on using buydebug. Another little problem solved. Thanks nitromon!


Eh I've been using buydebug cheat (auto on with Overwatch) and store decrap fix for some years and never had a problem. Are you installing the updated ccmerged.package as well?

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
Eh I've been using buydebug cheat (auto on with Overwatch) and store decrap fix for some years and never had a problem. Are you installing the updated ccmerged.package as well?


it doesn't happen to everyone. the decrap fix includes many many many items. The freeze comes when you are missing certain items. You probably have those items.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Back to top