Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 12:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default No Triplets and Quads Options
I am trying to use the trip n' quad mod (regular version, not the random one) and when my sim goes to have birth they don't get the popup to original/ picked/ randomized. There's no error either. I have it towards the end of my mods;

(insert lots of other mods here (supernatural/food/wants/ect))
ReplacedTurnOnOffs
Zodiac Tweaks
Stripped ACR w/booty call
Cyjon's Brothel Woohoo, Hot Tub Entry Logic, Influence Teen Adult, No Date Age Limit, and Woohoo Teen Bed Fixes
NoBiGenderPrefenceDecrease
Midge's Romantic Standards
Friendly Breakup
Pregnancy Relationship Change
Teen - Adult & Skunk Attraction Fixes
Kestrellyn's Sperm Donor+RCC & Surrogacy+RCC Mods
Midge's Extracted Inteen Mods College Admissions, Fertility Changes w/Age, Risky Honeymoon+Memories, Risky Runaway, Risky SneakGoOut
Triplets & Quads
Birth Options - TripletsandQuads
Name The Father tnq + teen plugin
Baby Personality RandomOTH
PlantBabyChanges + Baby Personality
Fairy Changelings+Baby Personality
Surrogate compat for BabyPersonality
Young adults can enjoy maternity
Pet's in Uni
Wild Child
Meduza's Bigfoot/Plant/Parent Uni Aging + Uni-dorm-rooms made compatible with dormie move out fix + Parenthood compat
Young Enough for preg fix
WildChild Pregrel compat
Death by Childbirth
RCC

The file as proof it's the non-random one;
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:13 AM
Likely a conflict. Run this.

https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:23 AM
The surrogate hack is not compatible with triplets and quads yet. Depending on your load order, one of the mods won't work.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The surrogate hack is not compatible with triplets and quads yet. Depending on your load order, one of the mods won't work.

Does 'yet' imply it's a future plan? My use of T&Q is the only reason I haven't used the mod, lol.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:59 AM
Yeah, it's the last remaining birth mod I made that isn't compatible with it yet, I do intend to update it eventually. If you want to use the surrogate mod with T&Q currently and are ok with surrogates just never having triplets or quads, you can just have the surrogate hack load last while your surrogates are giving birth and load T&Q last all the rest of the time and everything should work.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 1:13 PM
Yeah, it's the last remaining birth mod I made that isn't compatible with it yet, I do intend to update it eventually. If you want to use the surrogate mod with T&Q currently and are ok with surrogates just never having triplets or quads, you can just have the surrogate hack load last while your surrogates are giving birth and load T&Q last all the rest of the time and everything should work.

You only paid me to have one baby! XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 1:42 PM
I've had triplets and quads loading after surrogacy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 2:01 PM
Even after removing surrogacy I still do not get the option before my sim gives birth for the number of babies
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 2:16 PM
Try the program linked in post #2.
If that doesn't give results, try this:
Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 2:20 PM
I mean, you seem to have like almost every single birth hack that was ever made, so probably a lot of other things are also conflicting with it. You don't mention using the compatibility patch that you need to use for it to work with Fairy Changelings, either, for example. The Plantbaby Changes is also going to conflict with Fairy Changelings, I've made a compatible version for myself, but I didn't release it because I also made some personal changes to Plantbaby Changes.

Edit: Oh, I just realized Wild Child is on this list. Wild Child comes with Chris Hatch's alternate pregnancy controller, which means that none of these mods that all modify the regular EA pregnancy controller, including Triplets and Quads, will do anything at all in your game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 2:32 PM
I forgot to put the changeling tnq compatibility to load after tnq. I had it in my mods, just not loading after. I feel very dumb xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 2:45 PM
If wild child will not work with them, what should I use? I've tried Jenflower's teen woohoo but it doesn't seem to have try for baby. I've also tried stl's teen woohoo but it says it's incompatible with Young adults can enjoy maternity.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:11 PM
I want to have teen & YA pregnancies, as well as miscarriage and tnq. I keep trying to troubleshoot but keep encountering issues. I can confirm wild child prevents the dialog pop-up for tnq after testing it.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:23 PM
I use Midge's light version of Chris Hatch's pregnancey controller - https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-hack-person-so

It conflicts with less things and there is load order information at the link above.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
I use Midge's light version of Chris Hatch's pregnancey controller - https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...-hack-person-so

It conflicts with less things and there is load order information at the link above.

I have tried using it, along with following brokendoll's replacing inteen guide but I don't get try for baby options on teens with it
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 4:44 PM

Does Midge's version work with the Hospital mod?

Will HCDU pick up a mod conflicting with Chris' Alternate Pregnancy Controller? I might have some I need to check.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 6:37 PM
I tried Jenflowers again with pregnancy controller lite and still cannot figure out how people manage to get try for baby to be enabled for teens. Wild Child + Lamare's YA Preg mod does work with triplets and quads, just don't get the birth dialog for choosing the number. Load order does not seem to change anything.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 7:18 PM
The regular try for baby doesn't come up for normal teens in my setup, but is is available under ACR's casual interactions for teens, at least once they are interacting on the bed.

As for if it works with the Hospital mod, I don't know as I've not tried that mod before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 8:40 PM
The regular try for baby doesn't come up for normal teens in my setup, but is is available under ACR's casual interactions for teens, at least once they are interacting on the bed.

As for if it works with the Hospital mod, I don't know as I've not tried that mod before.

How do you get tfb for teens with ACR cause I've tried to find it and have had no luck
Forum Resident
#20 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UyTheo
How do you get tfb for teens with ACR cause I've tried to find it and have had no luck

First, the settings have to allow for them to try for baby (if unmarried, global switch for tfb has to be enabled) - there might be another switch too, but that one I remember needs to be on, unless you've got married teens.

The casual...woohoo...bed option will send the couple to relax on the bed - until they are there, the option does not show. Once they start cuddling, or possibly after/during the casual/make-out option, but before the casual/woohoo action begins, clicking the other sim and going to the casual menu has the try for baby option - click that and they will try for baby instead of regular woohoo.

I'm also using RCC-TYA, but I'm not sure that matters with ACR
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 10:11 PM
First, the settings have to allow for them to try for baby (if unmarried, global switch for tfb has to be enabled) - there might be another switch too, but that one I remember needs to be on, unless you've got married teens.

The casual...woohoo...bed option will send the couple to relax on the bed - until they are there, the option does not show. Once they start cuddling, or possibly after/during the casual/make-out option, but before the casual/woohoo action begins, clicking the other sim and going to the casual menu has the try for baby option - click that and they will try for baby instead of regular woohoo.

I'm also using RCC-TYA, but I'm not sure that matters with ACR

I have tried setting unmarried global switch enabled and it also hasn't worked.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 10:46 PM
I don't know what is making the difference - I just tested again in my game with an unplayed version of Veronaville in the Capp house. When Juliet is standing with Romeo, she has no try for baby option, even in the casual menu. However, even without changing the default settigs for ACR, the option does appear under the casual menu once they are both relaxing on the bed, and pregnancy can definitely occur through that interaction in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 11:13 PM
I don't know what is making the difference - I just tested again in my game with an unplayed version of Veronaville in the Capp house. When Juliet is standing with Romeo, she has no try for baby option, even in the casual menu. However, even without changing the default settigs for ACR, the option does appear under the casual menu once they are both relaxing on the bed, and pregnancy can definitely occur through that interaction in my game.

I've had it appear like once under casual for me a while ago
Mad Poster
#24 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 2:49 AM
RCC will enable teen try for baby if you install the right version. After that you just need some mod to make it so that teen pregnancy controllers don't delete themselves.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 3:45 AM
RCC will enable teen try for baby if you install the right version. After that you just need some mod to make it so that teen pregnancy controllers don't delete themselves.

I have the RCC setup from BrokenDoll's replacing inteen so risky woohoo-birthcontrol + fertilitychangeswithagetreatment + extraoptions +TYA alternate version+Abduction Flipped. In their post they said it worked in giving the tfb but I've had no such luck
Page 1 of 2