Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:48 PM
i was really hoping for a yeti..although green giant lol isnt too bad i guess =/ big foot would have been cool too

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Advertisement
#27 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 5:51 PM
I was on yet another clothes download spree, and something hit me. They've said for the Seasons Expanison sims are going to have to dress accordingly for the weather. They can freeze if they're outside too long in clothes that aren't warm enough. So, I can't help but wonder. It seems to me, they'd have to add another element to the clothing, their warmness factor. Is all the beautiful clothes that's been created by so many talented people going to need updated to include this 'statistic'? Anyone have any ideas? Cause if that's true, than I got to get rid of all the custom clothes I have. *cry*
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:41 PM
I sure hope not. If so all custom clothes on the entire net would have to be remade. I don't think Maxis would do that. They know how valuable their community is to their sales.
#29 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shenanigans
I was on yet another clothes download spree, and something hit me. They've said for the Seasons Expanison sims are going to have to dress accordingly for the weather. They can freeze if they're outside too long in clothes that aren't warm enough. So, I can't help but wonder. It seems to me, they'd have to add another element to the clothing, their warmness factor. Is all the beautiful clothes that's been created by so many talented people going to need updated to include this 'statistic'? Anyone have any ideas? Cause if that's true, than I got to get rid of all the custom clothes I have. *cry*

I think that it probably means more like, your Sims HAVE to be wearing a coat when it's cold or they'll freeze, and they can't wear outerwear in say, Summer.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 3:31 PM
do pools c
hange to ice or does it gust go cold???
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 4:02 AM
This EP sounds amazing, But im worried that my sims might freeze to death. Because my sims go outside all the time without me knowing or telling them too! Darn free will
Instructor
#32 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 4:04 AM
I wouldn't be worried about that, Stacyy. I've read that if you have a coat stand on the lot the sims will autonomously changed into the proper outer wear for the season before going outside.

Dream
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#33 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:13 AM
Plus, I've read somewhere that a pedestrian (they didn't say whether it was a random townie or if it had to be someone the Sim knew) may become concerned about the Sim and use a hair dryer to thaw the frozen Sim.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 5:14 AM
There are two things I've been wondering about.

First off, we know there are going to be penguins. But the thing is, what exactly do they do besides just appear when it's cold? Can you interact with them, or what?

Second, is it possible for sims to freeze to death? Like, what if a single sim on a lot gets frozen, and you build walls around every townie who comes by so that no one can unfreeze them? Will they eventually freeze to death that way, or do their needs stay "frozen" as well?
#35 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong
do pools c
hange to ice or does it gust go cold???

Pools are heated, so they don't freeze. Instead, you can see the steam rising off the water surface on cold days!
#36 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trivium
Second, is it possible for sims to freeze to death?

According to the Producer Letter that you can find on the official site... sims do infact freeze to death.

Quote:
Sims. The different seasons not only offer a ton of cool new activities, like snowball fights, raking leaves, gardening and fishing, but they affect your Sim in funny ways as well. If you don't keep them cool in the summer they could pass out from heat stroke! Or they could freeze to death if you keep them exposed to the cold too long. So, be careful!

(emphasis added by me)

Incase you haven't seen it, here's the link: http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep5_producerletter.php
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 12:07 PM
I have been wondering; Does university area also experience change of seasons?
Is there snowing, raining and heathwaves when your sim is in university?
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 12:17 PM
That is a good question, and one that I don't know has been answered by Maxis.

However, I would find it VERY odd if the Seasons didn't also get transferred through to the campus, downtown, and the shopping districts (including any new places offered up by future expansions).

In fact, I'll be pretty disappointed if the seasons aren't in other "regions". (What do you call those other areas, anyway?)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#39 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 3:30 AM
1) If you have a desert neighborhood, then you'd pick your season pattern accordingly. You can choose any combination (and the order) of the 4 seasons for the 4 slots. So you could have summer-spring-summer-fall if you wanted or anything you want.

2) We only had base game with seasons, so no idea how it behaves in the other areas. Two sensible possibilties - it's the 'season' there that you left from at your house (that would make sense), or it's still just summer there, but that seems less likely. We'll find out soon.

3) Yes, rounded pool corners were implemented back by the beginning of Dec, so I'm sure they'll be in the EP.

4) A new clothing category is added. "Warm" clothing. I think I explained this in my writeup. Basically, swimwear and underwear would be viewed as being 'not warm', everyday clothing is in the middle, and the new outwear is for keeping warm in cool weather. So your existing clothing that you have is 'everyday', no matter what it looks like. If some of it LOOKS like outerwear, then you might decide to go recategorize it for your game (yeah for SimPE). It's not perfect, but at least it doesn't break everything.

5) A sim that freezes by going outside in the winter in their undies can be revived before the poor sod freezes to death.

6) Penguins mostly look cute, from my understanding and the visit I had from one.

7) The default setting is for the sims to change into outerwear before heading out into cold weather, so they'll spin at the door. You can turn that off.

8) I like the plant people. Their needs are interesting. They never need sleep, for instance.
Page 2 of 2