Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#151 Old 24th May 2014 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemeauxsonata
Hey :D
Recently I was looking some gameplays on Youtube, then I found this. But, I have some curiosity questions. and sorry if anyone has already asked these.

Participating in this challenge is strictly to post on youtube. If I want to be part of this (besides the rule I have read) what I have to make? Just leave a message here or someone will monitor or something my progress (???? haha). And last. I'm from Brazil, and I saw some brazilian gameplays making this too, but this challenge has any country permissions?

Sorry, I know these are really stupid questions. But like I said, I'm looking forward to make one of this... Well. Since this challenge ir all in english and in my The Sims 3 channel on youtube I do not make voice videos, just the clean gameplay, I think this would be another doubt, if this is really a problem.

And I think It's all...
Besides I wanna to congratulate the maker of this challenge. It's really interesting. I liked a lot...

You don't have to post this on youtube- you don't have to post this anywhere! I play a lot of challenges, but I haven't shared them anywhere on the internet. Most people just play and keep to themselves too. So don't feel like you have to.
And nobody monitors your progress (unless, of course, you do post it somewhere, then you'll have viewers). You play it yourself, nobody will sneak up into your game and make sure you're doing everything you should.
Lastly, I don't think there's any country prevention on any challenge.. as far as I know, you can play whatever you want.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 26th May 2014 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
You don't have to post this on youtube- you don't have to post this anywhere! I play a lot of challenges, but I haven't shared them anywhere on the internet. Most people just play and keep to themselves too. So don't feel like you have to.
And nobody monitors your progress (unless, of course, you do post it somewhere, then you'll have viewers). You play it yourself, nobody will sneak up into your game and make sure you're doing everything you should.
Lastly, I don't think there's any country prevention on any challenge.. as far as I know, you can play whatever you want.

Oh! Thank you for the reply :lovestruc
I understood! Thanks! It's more clear now for me.
Test Subject
#153 Old 27th May 2014 at 10:38 PM
No one answered the question about the children? How do they get to school? Or can the social worker come take them away if you have register running?
Instructor
#154 Old 28th May 2014 at 3:30 PM
They don't go to school. Children who can't get to school due to a lack of school building won't be taken away by Social Workers. Only downside is that you cannot choose their traits.
Test Subject
#155 Old 28th May 2014 at 6:56 PM
Oh, thanks. xD It says you can't choose traits anyways. o.o So, that won't be a problem!!
Test Subject
#156 Old 28th May 2014 at 10:54 PM
Am I allowed to use testingcheatsenabled to delete animals and paparazzi?
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 30th May 2014 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Howling Violist
Am I allowed to use testingcheatsenabled to delete animals and paparazzi?

I had to do that for awhile, but it got a little frustrating. It was either that or look at the mutated racoons spawning on my lot, lol.
Test Subject
#158 Old 31st May 2014 at 1:01 AM
I can't seem to download this. I have windows 8. When I select open after downloading, the internet explorer symbol is beside it instead of the sims 3. I really want to do this challenge and I am wondering is there is a solution to the problem
Instructor
#159 Old 31st May 2014 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gryffindorsims
I can't seem to download this. I have windows 8. When I select open after downloading, the internet explorer symbol is beside it instead of the sims 3. I really want to do this challenge and I am wondering is there is a solution to the problem

Are you trying to download the world, or download the challenge?
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 31st May 2014 at 10:17 PM
The world with the dive lots, and house boat is very buggy.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 1st Jun 2014 at 8:22 AM
I may try this, but I'll use my own world and make my own island, I could use the neighborhood that came with Island Paradise, but for some reason it gets super laggy. Meaning every 10 seconds it freezes.

Broski
The Sims 3 is my life.
Test Subject
#162 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 4:30 PM
How do I install this in my game?
Instructor
#163 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tenshi29
How do I install this in my game?

Are you asking how to download the challenge? Or download the world? You can't download a challenge, you just start a game and play by the rules provided on the first post. To download the world is just like downloading mods and cc.
Test Subject
#164 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 6:47 PM
Are you asking how to download the challenge? Or download the world? You can't download a challenge, you just start a game and play by the rules provided on the first post. To download the world is just like downloading mods and cc.

Never installed a mod
Instructor
#165 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tenshi29
Never installed a mod

Try this link for some help:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...3%20CC%20Basics
Test Subject
#166 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 1:24 AM Last edited by Tenshi29 : 4th Jun 2014 at 4:38 AM.
Try this link for some help:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...3%20CC%20Basics

Thank you!

Installed. Looking forward to trying this challenge.
Test Subject
#167 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 5:02 AM
I tried this with the suggested mod, but ended up with more people and animals showing up. Then when I went on vacation, it was a ghost town and the only people were shop keepers. I had to remove the mod
Test Subject
#168 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 7:26 PM
I don't know how to download mods en stuff like that, and I think I won't ever be able too either. But I'd really like to play this. It looks so freaking cool! And I always watch video's of it on youtube. (:
Test Subject
#169 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 3:20 PM
Had to uninstall this world. It was buggy and my poor sim couldn't try for kids.
Test Subject
#170 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 1:15 PM Last edited by bobjuh : 11th Jun 2014 at 10:31 PM.
Started playing it a couple of days ago. I married a mermaid, I think that is more realistic that somebody stranded marries a mermaid that moving somewhere else to marry and move back there. She was a mermaid but she turned into a regular sim now. They both just turned into adults and we'll be trying to a kid soon hopefully. The plan is to have a girl and a boy, I am not sure to have both kids with the couple of let her cheat with another (male) mermaid. The kids will probably marry their imaginary friend. Worse case scenario, I have "Allow Near Relation Romance on" turned on in my nraas Woohooer mod :P

Edit:
First kid is hydrophobic xD Great for being on a deserted island
Test Subject
#171 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:21 AM
Do you know with what app or something I can open this in a Mac?
Instructor
#172 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:27 AM
If you mean the challenge, you don't actually open or download it. it's essentially rules to go by to make the game challenging.
Test Subject
#173 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
If you mean the challenge, you don't actually open or download it. it's essentially rules to go by to make the game challenging.

Then I might try this on a 10x10 lot in a town and just not leave the lot.
Field Researcher
#174 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 3:50 PM
Not really gonna try the challenge but I do want this world.
Field Researcher
#175 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:11 PM
It won't let me move in my sim!
Page 7 of 14