Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 9:17 AM
I have all ep:s except BV and FT, it was the season version I took.
The hedge/fence comment was not a judging comment, just mentioned how I changed the house.

The satellite was actually cool, I haven't ever had the death by satellite, so I haven't seen it before.

I do like this house even with the promblems, it's samll and well planned out, and you did an incredible job to make it messy
Advertisement
Alchemist
#102 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I have all ep:s except BV and FT, it was the season version I took.
The hedge/fence comment was not a judging comment, just mentioned how I changed the house.(...)

Sorry, I can't explain why the food regenerated then.

No offence taken about your feedback - it's good to get some.
Test Subject
#103 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 4:37 AM
I fudged a little on the challenge and made my victim for this challenge the winner of my Asylum challenge, Caprina Magnolia. Her first want upon seeing the property was to hire a maid. Ha, ha, no!

She "influenced" the welcome wagon to help her clean up all the dishes, and one of the visitors starting pulling the weeds autonomously. I managed to get the house and yard cleaned up in about four days or so. She just made it to the top of the Criminal career path, and she's just gotten pregnant by her reasonably-attractive downtownie boyfriend.

I managed to build a second story on the house, and I rearranged walls on the bottom floor to make the foyer big enough to hold a staircase. Unfortunately, she's down to about 50 simoleons. I've got to send her to work the next couple of days before the baby comes in order to get enough simoleons to outfit the nursery and pay the bills.

I figure once her kid gets to college and the house is finished to her exacting standards, then she'll have won the challenge enough to elixir herself back to young adulthood and marry her downtownie boyfriend.

All in all, it's lots of fun to play this lot. I usually money cheat the heck out of things, so in a way, this is actually a nice change. I'm looking forward to playing her house to something resembling prettiness. ^^

The bath and sinks had repaired themselves when I opened the house, but the toilet was still freakishly messy. I had a difficult enough time of it.
Scholar
#104 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 7:31 AM
I had the uncooked food, too (Seasons version of the house) and the unspoiling newspapers. It's a great house, though Much better than the one at the original site. That was hardly dirty at all. I haven't played this challenge in a while and my sim is currently languishing in limbo. Last time I played she was madly making pot holders on the sewing machine. Takes so long to get that talent badge! I don't even know what comes after potholders

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
#105 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 10:13 PM
I've noticed some great looking lots by sweetxlilac so I think I'll finally give this challenge a try.
#106 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 6:02 PM
I'm having a go at the Derelict Dreamhome- the food's all uncooked, but it's very fun so far. The satellite was a definite bonus- I've only ever seen one before.

One question though... is it allowed for neighbours to come round and start clearing up the garden? Just that I've had most of my visitors start pulling up weeds the instant my sim greets them.
Alchemist
#107 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aimsme
... is it allowed for neighbours to come round and start clearing up the garden? Just that I've had most of my visitors start pulling up weeds the instant my sim greets them.
Sure it's allowed - jus' bein' neighbourly, like. Have fun!
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:54 AM
I tried this challenge out today.
It seemed kinda easy, but I loved it!

I posted some pictures of it here-
http://emmejuice.livejournal.com/1943.html

:)
Alchemist
#109 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:33 PM
Good job Emmejuice!
Instructor
#110 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 2:46 PM
this sounds cool. I never really done a challenge before so this would be a first for me if I do do it.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:49 AM
musiquefille: thanks for the links, I have my woman now in the bigger house, deleted the car and the garage, because I'm turning the house to a farm. I was having tremendos lagging, maybe 1 move/second - so I had to bring in the exterminator to kill of the roaches. I had to move her out of the house, put in a new house and delete the bon fire before I moved her back in. There was no fire, just the pile of ash, but you hear the sound and it was making the game laggy, if I deleted the ashes, then you saw the fire itself. but deleting the bonfire before moving her in helpped. the broken shower was also unfixable, but other than that, this house is perfect.

I added my new woman to this it looked like alot of fun, but had so much trouble with it. I couldn't clean up anything. If I asked her to clean the toilet or the counter, she would start and immediately stop it, no jumping, but just starting and then ending animations, and nothing got cleaned. So all cleanable surfaces I had to delete, counters, toilets, tub, sink everything. But mopping up the floor and picking up the garbage was still a huge task - so it was ok in the end. I'm still not done with the yard, too many weeds :/ I quite harshly re-structured the house, the layout is not very good.
Test Subject
#112 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 3:30 AM
I'll try this one too... I'm becoming a challenge freak. XD
#113 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 2:19 AM
yeah, i eventually had "weeding parties" where i had my sim invite over everyone he knew and they would just start weeding for him. that was the only way to get them gone. Then once it was done, he got a gardener because it was just too much to take care of.
Alchemist
#114 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 6:32 AM
You can sell off the excess shrubbery from my lot if you want - I did! But I made it a personal rule that I didn't sell them in bad condition - so trim them first and then get rid of them. After all, who buys the dead plants from the garden shop?
Instructor
#115 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 7:34 PM
My husband and I did this challenge together. He made Prissy Perfect and I made Piper Persnickety- he had his house cleaned before I did (without cheating) I didn't cheat either- but I had brought in a dog with my sim, so she had distractions as the dog was "snooty" and complained ALOT about the house as well as Piper. Didn't help we had a welcome wagon. I am thinking of doing this challenge again, but putting in a slob and seeing what happens. Maybe test the fly and disease factor to see how long she will live... This and the Asylum were my FAVORITE challenges!!! I love the messy house that was made also- aelflaed did a fabulous job making a nasty home. Also if you all decide to make your own messy home- heres a hint- if you use Insim go to the "lot controller" its the gnome statue- under sanitation theres a option to make the home filthy! I tried it on my asylum to add some drama and it made anything you can get dirty completely nasty and it takes a long time to clean it.
Thanks for this great challenge!!
#116 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:32 AM
I really wanted to do this challenge so I tried both of sweetxlilac's houses.

The first one I found irritating, because of the second floor. My sim would keep washing all the dishes in the downstairs broken sink. And she got sick and had to use the bathroom continuously but it took forever for her to get from the second floor to the first floor and she nearly peed herself and fainted LOL. Eventually when I got most of the house tidied from piles of trash and dirty dishes, there was some bug that prevented me from mopping any of the puddles. I gave up eventually because the bug just wouldn't go away. The second lot had too many cockroaches and slowed down my game to a halt, even on minimal settings.

But I think I'll try aelflaed's next, I like how it has one floor and seems like a relatively small lot. ^_^
Alchemist
#117 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:52 AM
Tisiphonestar, hope my house suits you better! It's on a 2x2 lot, specifically so it won't be too big or slow. Good luck with it.
Field Researcher
#118 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 1:56 PM
I did this challenge using aeflaed's lot.

It was a LOT of fun. I decided to use it as the prelude to my Rainbow Legacy (which I found on the same day) and the double challenge prompted me to start a livejournal of it.

Here are links to the 2 posts which deal with this challenge.

Part 1: http://skylarkza.livejournal.com/576.html#cutid1
Part 2: http://skylarkza.livejournal.com/989.html#cutid1
Test Subject
#119 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 4:34 PM
I did this challenge for a while and had a lot of fun with it. I used aelflaed's lot which is nice and cozy. My sim has currently fixed up broken appliances and cleaned everything (including the jard) and is now making money to paint the walls over and change the floors (after a few furniture upgrades) while trying to not be driven crazy by her son or her pet cat.
Alchemist
#120 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:32 AM
Skylark, the house looks great! I'm glad you had fun with it. Enjoy the Rainbow too.
Theorist
#121 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 8:25 AM
About the time of the last post in this thread, I started the Messy Messlot Challenge, then I got side-tracked by a LOT of other stuff and am only now getting back to it. I'm determined to finish it and am trying to get pictures of all the important bits.

My character is Melody Richkid, a Fortune Sim with Pleasure as her second aspiration. Of course her neat points are maxxed and she's fairly nice but not overly active.

I am terrible when it comes to different mods for my game so I have a few that are no doubt helping her just a bit (like the one that doesn't allow weeds to grow from puddles--if that was the case she would spend her entire life weeding!). At the same time, I left all of the flowers and shrubbery exactly as they were so often Melody is pruning roses in the wee hours of the morning.

I declare, she would have had a much easier time of things if I could just decide to leave the chance cards alone. She's been demoted about three times because I picked the wrong answer when the card game up.

I've gone about fixing up the house a bit differently than some, in that she's buying some of the furniture she'll need along the way, but the icky walls and floors won't get changed until she has all the cash she needs to not only redo the main floor, but build on a nice second story. By the time I stopped playing tonight she would have turned to an elder if not for a vat full of elixir, but she does have close to 40,000 simoleans saved (er, rather invested in artwork) toward her "dream" house.

She also adopted a stray dog and has a young boyfriend from the nearby university. She's keen on meeting other Sims online which is how she met Nathan.

I know she wouldn't actually have to build a second story, but otherwise she won't have any room for stuff like her massage table and huge stereo she decided she couldn't live without. :P
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 3:01 AM
Hi Misty, was just looking at this challenge myself, however the link for the messy lot is no longer. Guess the website is up for sale. Anyway, good luck
Theorist
#123 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 7:28 AM
Sopye, I think that's been gone for some time now because in the first post on the second page is a link to this house at MTS2 which was uploaded by aelflaed. I think that's the one that everyone is using.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 9:19 AM
Hmm, how did I miss that, lol? Thank you Misty, I am gonna give this a try right now.
Forum Resident
#125 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:58 AM
I started this challenge just now, it sounds like fun the very first day my lady-sim cleaned half the house and even made one friend And second day went cleaning the rest of house and outside too. Now she's working to buy all those expensive furniture for me this challenge is expecially fun, because my usual playing style is that sims get almost only the cheepest stuff and it's really rare that i buy anything expensive for them. Now I have to check all the expensive stuff too I think I'll put many more sims to test with this challenge!
Page 5 of 6