Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 6:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Default Installing the sims 3 on SSD
can someone please help me ive bought a new 1TB SSD today and for the life of me i cannot figure out to install the sims 3 on there along with DLC cc and mods. The electronic arts folder is not moving either can someone please give me or link me a tutorial i cannot find one anywhere.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 7:53 PM
Is the new SSD a second (third, etc.) internal drive or is it external?

Installing on a new drive should be a matter of first establishing a new folder on that drive (example, D:\Program Files or whatever you want to call it) and pointing the installer there. If you are on an Origin or Steam managed game, I believe there should be functions available for moving an existing installation but I can't vouch for how reliable they are. Perhaps others here can.

For the user game folder in Documents where your CC, mods, and saved games are, you can either instruct Windows to redirect your entire Documents library to D (or whatever the drive letter of the SSD is), this is relatively easy, or you can use symlinks to redirect only the EA directory (this is more complicated).