Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 11:57 PM
Default Child conversion of CC hair shows up in CAS for child but not for adults
This is my first time converting CC. I copied the package file for the hair that I wanted to convert from adult to child hair. I pasted it into a separate folder for easy access. In S4S I changed the category of the file to child and male/female only and saved. Then I exported the mesh so I could edit it in blender. I moved the hair mesh down and adjusted it so it could fit the head of the child. I saved the blender file and then imported it back into S4S. It looked good and I wanted to see it in CAS before I did the other LODs. When I went into CAS, the item showed in the child hair section but would not show up in the adult hair section. I thought maybe it was just that one and then decided to just redownload the original file when I finish. I did three more conversions and none of them showed up for adults, but always showed for the child. I thought maybe the file was gone because I copied it wrong. So, I took the child conversion packages out of my mods folder (and left the original one of course) and the hair finally showed for adults in CAS. It seems like if I have the conversion package in my mods folder, the original hair won't show up. I tried redownloading the original hair hoping that it would maybe unlink the conversion and original, but that did not work either.

I want to note that these conversions are for my personal use only. I do not plan on uploading these conversions, especially without the permission of the creator. If it is necessary to know who made the original hair, it is the MoooD hairs that I am trying to convert. If I linked it correctly, the original hair, the conversion, and the blender file should be linked to this question.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MoooD Conversion Zip.zip (65.83 MB, 31 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 10:01 PM
You can't just open a package and make changes then save it with a different name.
Internally, the identifying numbers are identical to the original file so the game sees the two versions as exactly the same thing and only loads one.
You need to clone the original file and make changes to the clone instead. Then you can have both working in your mods folder at the same time.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
You can't just open a package and make changes then save it with a different name.
Internally, the identifying numbers are identical to the original file so the game sees the two versions as exactly the same thing and only loads one.
You need to clone the original file and make changes to the clone instead. Then you can have both working in your mods folder at the same time.

Thank you for this. I thought copy and pasting and then editing the copied version would be enough, but it wasn't. I watched a tutorial doing a CC conversion instead of just a regular adult to child conversion using an EA hair. That method worked because it created a new package file. Thank you for the help.