Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14351 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure Clean Installer does color duplicates a different color.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#14352 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I'm pretty sure Clean Installer does color duplicates a different color.

Yes, if you scan a whole folder. (my step 2)
Not when you install a new lot.

You can try that when installing a lot a second time.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#14353 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Fancy a first-class alcoholic jelly with peaches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYBesohRK0

That one is not a monstrosity. That's what a jelly recipe should be!
Mad Poster
#14354 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 1:03 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Mar 2024 at 2:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Yes, if you scan a whole folder. (my step 2)
Not when you install a new lot.

You can try that when installing a lot a second time.

When installing a new lot, you get a message saying yes/no to overwriting if the item already exists in the same folder (or if there's somehow a duplicate file in the house build).

I usually keep most of my CC foldered away except for a few mod files, so the duplicates it does detect when installing CC lots are items that must've been in the lot file already, which is a bit strange because those duplicates aren't always visible.

It only seems to detect the files if those are in the same folder. I'd think most people keep their files sorted these days, so it would only do away with duplicates when installing lots if you are still in the "everything chucked in the same folder, nothing sorted/renamed/merged/etc." bunch, and then only if the files had kept their original names (so it could be an issue if they have random names, were renamed, merged, or in other ways were different from the files you already have. Then again, I'm not sure which resources the CI recognizes/reads, so it's possible it would see all types as duplicates, which could be a different problem for the ones who like to merge or edit files, and accidentally manage to overwrite their files with an older version)

(To avoid confusion, I'm just talking about duplicates when installing lots, not scanning folders for duplicates)

There are other ways to search for duplicate files, which I tend to find more useful (like SimPE scanning for GUIDs, or similar - then you find duplicates for sure, even if the names are different, and it also tells you where they are and which GUIDs or other resources are conflicting). Sometimes I even keep duplicates in my Downloads folder, if there are two different sets and it makes more sense to keep them in different folders than together, but I make sure it's the same file and not two different edits of the same item.
Top Secret Researcher
#14355 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
When installing a new lot, you get a message saying yes/no to overwriting if the item already exists in the same folder (or if there's somehow a duplicate file in the house build).

I usually keep most of my CC foldered away except for a few mod files, so the duplicates it does detect when installing CC lots are items that must've been in the lot file already, which is a bit strange because those duplicates aren't always visible.

It only seems to detect the files if those are in the same folder. I'd think most people keep their files sorted these days, so it would only do away with duplicates when installing lots if you are still in the "everything chucked in the same folder, nothing sorted/renamed/merged/etc." bunch, and then only if the files had kept their original names (so it could be an issue if they have random names, were renamed, merged, or in other ways were different from the files you already have. Then again, I'm not sure which resources the CI recognizes/reads, so it's possible it would see all types as duplicates, which could be a different problem for the ones who like to merge or edit files, and accidentally manage to overwrite their files with an older version)

(To avoid confusion, I'm just talking about duplicates when installing lots, not scanning folders for duplicates)

There are other ways to search for duplicate files, which I tend to find more useful. Sometimes I even keep duplicates in my Downloads folder, if there are two different sets and it makes more sense to keep them in different folders than together, but I make sure it's the same file and not two different edits of the same item.

I sort and rename.... So that's why the CI doesn't show the duplicates for me.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Mad Poster
#14356 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 3:09 PM

I find the SimPE GUID search (and similar tools, I think there are a few different now) more useful for finding duplicates. It's slower, but it also shows you if there's a conflict between two different files (GUID issues and other resource issues). Especially if you rename files or download lots from people who merge/rename files, or have used the default installer for installing lots (pretty sure that's what causes the issue where all files are randomly named, since the CI doesn't do this).

I sorted out a bunch of old GUID conflicts that had been hanging out in my Downloads folder for quite some time by using that method. Now I've got stuff working again (there were a bunch of maxis decos with random textures from items using the wrong GUIDs, multi-tile items not placing from the catalog because 2 guids haven't been changed from the maxis item, straight-up CC items replacing maxis items, and various other GUID issues).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14357 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 3:41 PM

Renaming shouldn't matter; Clean Installer reads the MD5 to identify duplicates.

The two highlighted files are the same two files as the ones above in the list, but I renamed them and put them in different subfolders. You can see that the filename and subfolder are different, but the objects have still been picked up as duplicates, and highlighted in pink.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#14358 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
She can be selected with COE and then accepts commands. The NPC just doesn't have personglobals interactions.

You can put her on a table to be judged.

She's a fine dish! hahhaha!

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. April 20. SimPE for Beginners part 2!!
This Workshop is part 2 on the Ins & Outs of SimPE! Join us and start creating!
Top Secret Researcher
#14359 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Renaming shouldn't matter; Clean Installer reads the MD5 to identify duplicates.

The two highlighted files are the same two files as the ones above in the list, but I renamed them and put them in different subfolders. You can see that the filename and subfolder are different, but the objects have still been picked up as duplicates, and highlighted in pink.

But my initial wish is that CI would show that when instaling a sim or a lot with CC.
I always need to do "my step 2" I mentioned in my first post.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14360 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 11:25 AM
But my initial wish is that CI would show that when instaling a sim or a lot with CC.
I always need to do "my step 2" I mentioned in my first post.

Yes, you'll always have to extract the files from the Sims2Pack. But how I would do it would be to extract the Sims2Pack to a subfolder, using Delphy's Multi Extractor. Or use the Clean Installer, but extract as packages instead of to the teleport folder. Then compare your downloads with the Clean Installer.
There's no way to get around extracting the files, but you don't need to rename them to compare, and it doesn't matter if you have renamed, was my point.
Mad Poster
#14361 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 4:40 AM
A hack so that if you don't have enough to pay the maid/repairman/whatever, it gets added to the next bill instead of them taking your stuff.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#14362 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
A hack so that if you don't have enough to pay the maid/repairman/whatever, it gets added to the next bill instead of them taking your stuff.

Or always adding that cost to the bills anyway...
Would make it easier.

Inventor
#14363 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 12:51 PM
What exactly happens if you don't have money? I've never seen it. Usually it's not on my mind to hire a maid if the family doesn't have money at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#14364 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 12:52 PM
What exactly happens if you don't have money? I've never seen it. Usually it's not on my mind to hire a maid if the family doesn't have money at all.

They take something of value of your stuff to compensate for the work they did.

Theorist
#14365 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 1:14 PM
They take on a temporary role of repoman. They walk up to an object that's closest in value and use the repogun to repossess it.

Though, if you put everything in your inventory and put away all your funds (i.e. Monique's computer), they'll just say something offensive and leave without ever getting compensated. Like, ordering a pizza on an empty lot with less than §40 in your account will result in free pizzas all the time (and some lovely greeting cards too, such as, "get off your ass and start making some money, you loser!"). But the pizza's always there.

I like the idea that everything gets added to the household bills (the same way the restaurant and hotel expenses are), and I'd also like that even if you don't have enough to give to the repoman (given that you hadn't had the money to pay bills in the first place), the household gets evicted instead of living there for free – for example, a grim reaper-esque message pops up, says, the finale – and you're forced to exit to the neighborhood where you'll find your Sims in the family bin.

Perhaps they'd start off with a free §20,000 and get a custom memory of bankruptcy. It would be nice if they also had to pay back those 20k (through bills again), over time. But I think I'm getting ahead of myself because my next thought is that there's a computer interaction to plan out a loan insurance scam...
Alchemist
#14366 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
because my next thought is that there's a computer interaction to plan out a loan insurance scam...

I'd like to see sims be able to run computer scams! Would be niffy for my criminal sims! They could run email scams--what would be the sim equivalent of the Nigerian prince scam I wonder? Anyway, it'd be cool to have a Email Scam option on the computer, or a Scam Call option on the phone, where a sim could randomly email or call other sims in the neighborhood and periodically gain money if they managed to successfully con another sim. But if it goes wrong, not only would they lose relationship points with the other sim, but there could be a chance that the person who caught on to the scam runs over and slaps them, like they do with the telescope.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#14367 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 3:39 AM
Cops would need to get involved like with the countefeiting machine where crime doesn't pay.
Forum Resident
#14368 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I'd like to see sims be able to run computer scams! Would be niffy for my criminal sims! They could run email scams--what would be the sim equivalent of the Nigerian prince scam I wonder? Anyway, it'd be cool to have a Email Scam option on the computer, or a Scam Call option on the phone, where a sim could randomly email or call other sims in the neighborhood and periodically gain money if they managed to successfully con another sim. But if it goes wrong, not only would they lose relationship points with the other sim, but there could be a chance that the person who caught on to the scam runs over and slaps them, like they do with the telescope.

There is the similar thing where sims in the secret society at uni can hack grades and if they get caught, the police show up.
Mad Poster
#14369 Old 15th Mar 2024 at 2:06 PM

Like topp said, if you don't have anything of the same value as the "bill", they don't take anything, they just say something like "boy you really are poor! Get a job you looser"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#14370 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 4:57 AM
A rewrite of the "inherited money from Sim" memory to be a bit less... jovial. I'm not sure how to phrase it, though. .

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#14371 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:07 PM
I would like all computers, laptops... to have the functions of Monique's computer. It's such an expansion if you play realistic.
And actually especially for cellphones it would be realistic. I do all my administration with my phone nowadays

Instructor
#14372 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
A rewrite of the "inherited money from Sim" memory to be a bit less... jovial. I'm not sure how to phrase it, though. .

It's like all Sims are fortune Sims.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#14373 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:42 PM

Florence Delarosa in Bluewater Village comes without a maid, and if she wants to hire one, the maid tells her that she has not paid her and refuses to come back.

The Ramaswami family ended up losing the nanny. The nanny took Sanjay's desk. Priya had to resign in order to look after the twins herself - the nanny refused to come back as well.
Top Secret Researcher
#14374 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 1:58 PM
I've been really enjoying the ability to send money to my neighbors using mods, but it would be great if there's a way to take this interaction a step further with a mod that allows you to send bills to your neighbors. It would add a new layer of interaction and perhaps strategy, where you can charge neighbors for certain services or shared expenses.

Alchemist
#14375 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 4:23 PM
@lientebollemeis Monique has an automatic payment mod where you can set up payments to other sims.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Page 575 of 582