Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:15 PM
Default Getting This Underway Again!
Hi there everyone,

Okay so the other day toyou pm'd me about getting back to work on this project, and I think that we should definitely try and finish this and get it uploaded. The good news is that the policy on uploading NHs has changed and we now only need to photograph and give information for 10 lots in the NH! So I have devised an action plan below of how we're going to do this, along with some questions that you might be able to help answer

1) Lanawinst - is she still active on this site and more to the point has anyone heard from her or know if she is still interested in this project?

2) We need a list of the lots that are still to be finished and who is responsible for them!

3) Find out who still wants to partake in this project and who no longer does, and then hand out the workload.

4) I want to create a definitive list of members for this project and their roles!

5) Contact Kiwi and find out if he is still interested in finishing the CAW stage of this NH.

When it comes to upload I will organize a group where we will all be members and I will personally upload it there. We currently have the username "Tectonic Sims" which I intend to stick with unless there are any serious objections. I will personally take all the pictures required for this, including pictures of the 10 lots that we choose to provide information for. However, I am not sure where we stand on sims and how they fit in with the upload process, but I will look into this.

Good news for you guys and gals is that when you come to upload a lot to the "completed lots" thread, you do not need to provide all the pictures, but a screenshot of the front to show which lot it is would help.

These are the main (and rather general) tasks that we need to complete before we can upload:

1) Finish neighborhood
2) Finish all lots
3) Finish all sims

I will then place all the sims and lots as appropriate and begin the upload process.

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:15 PM Last edited by Deluxe Designs : 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:23 PM.
I am reserving this thread for a list of members who have agreed to continue to work on this project I will be sending a mass PM redirecting everyone here.

NH Creation:
Kiwi_tea

Building:
Deluxe Designs
toyou1214
Missroxor
Craggles
Porkypine

Retired
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:17 PM
Okay. I will get onto this and upload the .world file asap. Obviously if I don't get onto this, then we've stalled, so I'll try to help get things moving again. I'll do as much as I can tonight, and hopefully have a file up in the morning. I don't actually recall how far I got with things.

Kiwi.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:30 PM
That's excellent news, you should check out the "World Development Thread" that we have on the board to check where we were last time with this project. But seeing as a large amount of time has elapsed since we last worked on it I think we can agree that some of the ideas can be changed or adjusted to better suit our needs now. If you need any help on where to go with it just post in that thread as I'm sure we'll all have an opinion

The other one
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:47 PM
Well, my computer died at new year and I thought I'd be without it for 6 months or so, so I handed my projects over to someone else on here.I managed to get it working a couple of months ago though so I'm happy to take my old projects back if the other person hasn't started working on them/doesn't mind with the exception of the hospital.....tbh, It was giving me a severe case of creator-block-itis. I think I've already made a comment to this effect in another post....if not I meant to :/

So the ones I originally had were:
the hospital
no8 (portside)
no26
and I made a family called Esposito

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:00 PM
Once we've got all the builders on board we can see how we are gunna do all the remaining lots Once Kiwi is able to get the world file up i'll download it and put all the lots we currently have in it, then take photos and plan what to do next

Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:53 PM
I have a lot of the lots added to the world already, so it should just be one or two added. If you guys can ensure I have every lot so far, I can provide those lots as part of the world itself so that we're not running around chasing Simpacks. I believe at this point I have added all the lots in the building thread so far.

I also, iirc, standardised the titles of the lots of match EA world formatting.

Don't forget there's a page for this project on Pasimfic Wiki that we can use: http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/wiki/Porto_Corrado

Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:55 PM
Okay that's fantastic, yes it would save a lot of trouble and hassle if you uploaded it with the lots in place

Retired
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:31 PM
Hmmm. Can I propose we cull CC from this project. Not only do I not have the two CC items we're using installed, but the tower clock item from AroundtheSims is a major pain for world builders. It attaches itself to Simpacks, meaning people will get it installed whether they want it or not.

I do like the object, but it's a pain in the something-or-other.

Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:16 PM Last edited by Deluxe Designs : 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:27 PM.
Well i can't speak for everyone, but my personal opinion is that i agree.

Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:50 PM
Ahhhh guys
I might be starting work for a year in August if all goes well... But until then I'm all in for this project. :D
Lemme at it :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:06 PM
I've not done anything. I don't know what needs to be done. I was never given the world so I don't know what the lot sizes are, etc.
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM
Yay craggles, we'll work you like a horse till then

Porkypine: you've done 1 lot that i'm aware of, but once kiwi gets the world file up i'll delegate the lots out according to how many builders we have left

Retired
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:12 PM
I'm watching the thread. I'm really unhappy with the mountains, so I've been doing a lot of work on them, but I'll export and upload the world with the mountains unfinished so that the lots are there and people can get to work at their leisure.

Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:20 PM
Ok that sounds like a plan to me, the mountains aren't going to affect the terrain paint of lots or anything so that'll be fine.

Retired
retired moderator
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:01 PM
I hope that installs for everyone. I didn't uninstall all my EPs and SPs. I hope that doesn't make it so that your require any of them, that'll make this a huge hassle. At any rate, only base game, WA, and store content:

http://www.4shared.com/file/xByCqlF...rradoBasic.html

Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:12 PM
Is the store content used just the content listed in the "Important Information" thread?

Retired
retired moderator
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:57 PM
It's only what's listed there, and only what builders have included in their lots. I only have those store packs installed, atm.

Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 7:26 AM
I'm having real trouble downloading the file, is this just me?

Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:24 PM
Im so excited to see this going again! (: absolutely put me on the builders list, the whole area where i was building my "gated community" is almost complete! i have like....6-8 houses cant remember! lets give everyone 1 more week to respond, previous members and if they are not heard from we will take over from there!

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:26 PM
Yeah I agree, a lot of the others don't come on regularly because there is not much here for them, but if they get involved in the project then they'll probably be on frequently to check up on it. So it's just a matter of when they next come on to check what's going on

Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:41 PM
i have not heard from Lana, i have sent multiple messages to her with no response.
For the uploading section, it is great if you want to take all the pics, but as we go i have been installing all the buildings so please have a pic of front and for what lot its on.

There are maps for completed and uncompleted buildings as well as the valley as follows.

Valley map: very important questions
all the rest of the maps for what is done, can be found under: info about project 1,

I have completed spots 5 & 6 where it says work in progress, i will upload those soon.

Like i said earlier, lets give everyone one more week, then we can cross off the names of the people that are no shows, and let someone else do those lots, this will also help us get more origanized and a list can be made.

Another side note, i contacted HP to take down the threads that were of no use to the group, the "IM BACK OMG" type. so it will be cleaned up (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 7:32 PM
Okay, well i still can't download kiwi_tea's file, has anyone else had any issues? If you could download that one toyou as it is the most up to date, then take pictures so we know where we are?

Scholar
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:43 PM
i have had issues too, cant get it to work. what do you mean by where we are? you mean with all the buildings in the correct place, etc

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 8:49 PM
Kiwi said he would try and upload it again so we'll see how that goes

And yes by where we are, i mean the work to the NH and where all the empty lots are left after the others have been placed, etc.

Page 1 of 3