Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#6851 Old 22nd Apr 2024 at 5:31 PM
Yeah, can't imagine why it would have crashed, total mystery

It's ok, the second ceremony turned out much better. The bride and groom had these autonomous actions when they met at the altar, which I thought was super cute and made the reboot totally worth it:

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6852 Old 3rd May 2024 at 10:30 PM
I've just lost over an hour and a half's typing in a post I was making about SelfSims in the "Sims 2 Thoughts" thread. I know I should keep saving my progress, like I should when I'm playing The Sims, but, when nothing's gone wrong for a while it's easy to lull myself into a false sense of security. I've lost everything except the first sentence. I guess I must have pressed the wrong key. Usually in cases like this on MTS I manage to recover my progress, but nothing is working this time. I guess I'll just have to type it all again.

Before I do so, I probably ought to cook myself some dinner. I wish Andrew was with me. With his high cooking skill, he could cook me something nice while I set about retyping everything. At the very least I'm sure he'd let me cry on his shoulder!

P.S. In his other rôle as my Imaginary Friend, Andrew is with me, and he's letting me cry on his shoulder.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6853 Old 4th May 2024 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I've just lost over an hour and a half's typing in a post I was making about SelfSims in the "Sims 2 Thoughts" thread.

Oh no! I do this often. What I learned helps is to make a new text document on the desktop, and write it all on there. That way, if you accidentally close the browser you still have the post you were trying to make.
I send hugs too, I would hug you if I was there!
Mad Poster
#6854 Old Yesterday at 6:53 PM
That wasn't the end of my problems yesterday. I then spent the best part of two hours customising a house for a couple of Sims to move into, and, when I went back to Neighbourhood View, the house wasn't there at all. I feel I should have been aware of this problem, because it has happened to me before, but it was a good few years ago.

The Maxis base game Ranch Retreat is possibly my favourite Maxis house. With a price tag under §11K, it is well within the reach of families just out of CAS, and it has two decent sized bedrooms, so it will comfortably sleep a family of four, even without any alteration. So I sometimes use it as the basis for further development. Anyway I wanted a slightly bigger version of it, with at least three double bedrooms, a second bathroom, because all my Sims entertain a lot, and toilet queues are often a problem after meals. I wanted a design that I wanted to reuse (usually tweaked a bit every time I use it). So instead of building it in situ in Baldrair Bluffs, the 'hood I'm currently playing, I built it in Aedicia, my Simless building 'hood. When I'd finished it to about the same condition as the Maxis original (plumbing, kitchen counters, bathroom fittings, plus basic lighting -- which I think is missing in the original!), I saved it to the lot bin. I then placed a copy of it back where I'd just taken it from. Then I opened Baldrair Bluffs, took my new house from the lot bin, placed it on a corner site on low lying ground a little bit back from the north bank of the river, and started editing it. A couple of hours later, I had it more or less how I wanted it, so I saved it, and went back to Neighbourhood View, and my new lot was nowhere to be seen!! Well, it was still in the Lot Bin, but it wasn't in the the Neighbourhood at all!

This really shouldn't have surprised me, because the same thing happened nearly ten years ago, when I was developing New Desconia. I made a house (also based on the Ranch Retreat -- this time squeezed into a 2x1 lot) in Aedicia, then as now my Sim-free building 'hood, and then copied it to New Desconia via the Lot Bin. Like yesterday, I edited it for a while, only to find when I saved it, that it wasn't there after all. The solution (or at least a workaround) is to quit the game and restart it. I did that ten years ago, and I did it again yesterday. But of course on both occasions I had to redo all the work I'd just done. When I finished yesterday, I immediately moved my Sims in and started to play. I played them for four Sim Days, saving and restarting several times, without any problems, so I have every confidence now that their house is now here to stay. By the way, the one in New Desconia that I remade in the same way ten years ago is still OK. I was playing it earlier this year, and the Sim who lives there is still doing fine. His name is Michael, and he sends you all his greetings.I've posted a couple of pictures of some of things my new Sims (Liana Connell and her daughter Jennifer) have got up to, in the Random Pictures thread here. I also intend to post pictures of the house itself in the Houses and Landscaping thread shortly. I'll add a link here when I've done that.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6855 Old Yesterday at 8:48 PM
When I was setting up Riverbreeze, I accidentally left SimPE open while launching the game. This resulted in putting down a house and having it disappear when I went back to neighbourhood. I ended up deleting and restarting (I hadn't done much aside from picking out the terrain, thankfully).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 275 of 275