Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 8:34 PM
Default Help with 31 mod/hack conflicts HCDU in game
I am stupid and have no idea what I'm doing... I've tried to find relevant answers and descriptions about conflicts, but the 'how to' still escapes me.

I ran HCDU and HCDU+ and found 31 conflicts. I suppose it isn't the worst with 500+ mods. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 9:33 PM
Are you having any particular issues with your game as of now, which are potentially mod related?

First of all - not all conflicts are created equal. Some will show up in the HCDU as conflicts when they can coexist. One way is if one mod can work alongside the other if the correct load order is used (in the case of Nysha's mods and the "noregen"mods, check out the comment section from Nysha's mod, here - if you have issues with those, it's most likely load order). Another is when the mods access the same functions but can happily coexist (most likely the case with SimBlender and SimManipulator).

Some mods do very similar things with the same resources but will cause conflicts when used together. Then you'll just have to read up on them (if possible) and pick the one(s) you want to keep.

The most important thing is how your game is behaving. If you're having issues with something that could be a mod conflict (errors, crashing, functions not doing what they're supposed to do...), you'll want to check out if a particular mod is causing it, and check the list of found conflicts to see if any are likely suspects. Also - if possible - go back to the original mods and check if they list any conflicts and/or solutions (like load order, updates, or alternative mods).

To test mods, do a backup first (because some mods can potentially cause issues when removed, like the "noregen" ones), and then test without the mod, or change the load order (if that's an option) to see if the issue resolves.

If your game is running fine with no apparent issues, and all your mods seem to do what they're supposed to do, then you usually don't have to worry too much even if some conflicts are found. Just save the list for later, in case you stumble onto a problem.

The HCDU doesn't always catch issues. Sometimes it's not a mod conflict, but a single mod causing issues, or a modded object.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 1:37 AM
You need to read the descriptions of the mods you installed. If they say that the conflict is expected, then follow the instructions in the descriptions. Otherwise, the mods are not compatible and using them together will cause one of them to not work or cause problems in your game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are you having any particular issues with your game as of now, which are potentially mod related?

First of all - not all conflicts are created equal. Some will show up in the HCDU as conflicts when they can coexist. One way is if one mod can work alongside the other if the correct load order is used (in the case of Nysha's mods and the "noregen"mods, check out the comment section from Nysha's mod, here - if you have issues with those, it's most likely load order). Another is when the mods access the same functions but can happily coexist (most likely the case with SimBlender and SimManipulator).

Some mods do very similar things with the same resources but will cause conflicts when used together. Then you'll just have to read up on them (if possible) and pick the one(s) you want to keep.

The most important thing is how your game is behaving. If you're having issues with something that could be a mod conflict (errors, crashing, functions not doing what they're supposed to do...), you'll want to check out if a particular mod is causing it, and check the list of found conflicts to see if any are likely suspects. Also - if possible - go back to the original mods and check if they list any conflicts and/or solutions (like load order, updates, or alternative mods).

To test mods, do a backup first (because some mods can potentially cause issues when removed, like the "noregen" ones), and then test without the mod, or change the load order (if that's an option) to see if the issue resolves.

If your game is running fine with no apparent issues, and all your mods seem to do what they're supposed to do, then you usually don't have to worry too much even if some conflicts are found. Just save the list for later, in case you stumble onto a problem.

The HCDU doesn't always catch issues. Sometimes it's not a mod conflict, but a single mod causing issues, or a modded object.

Thank you for explaining! That makes sense and helps a lot. I'll try to go through them and see if I can pinpoint the ones that conflict. There's a few errors that popup when I play so it's definitely something I want gone.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You need to read the descriptions of the mods you installed. If they say that the conflict is expected, then follow the instructions in the descriptions. Otherwise, the mods are not compatible and using them together will cause one of them to not work or cause problems in your game.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find the original mods but some of them have vague names and is almost impossible to find the creator again. I might just remove those without descriptions.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 10:42 AM
Some, I notice, are smaller mods conflicting with larger mods and it may be the case that the larger mod includes the fix that the smaller mod addresses. So double check that in case you no longer need both mods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Some, I notice, are smaller mods conflicting with larger mods and it may be the case that the larger mod includes the fix that the smaller mod addresses. So double check that in case you no longer need both mods.

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'm currently going through them one by one and several even has not compatible in mod desciption, but apparently I just tossed it into my downloads folder anyway...

It's much easier to solve than I feared it would be :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 11:19 AM
I got it down from 31 to 7 conflicts by removing 10 mods, many of them included in others or simply doing the same. The 7 should all be ok, at least according to descriptions, so very happy! Thanks for the help.

Even managed to replace a few mods that had new updates

I guess the thing I've learned is to read descriptions more carefully in the future or at least check that I don't have a similar mod already installed