Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 9:55 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th Jan 2022 at 2:59 PM.
Default Aileen Landing - Sci-Fi Neighborhood Project
According to the poll we made back in 2015, the majority of you had voted for an urban and an Alien neighborhood.
The urban neighborhood is finished and uploaded and can be found here.

Now that Emerald Heights is finished, it's time to start working on the second neighborhood theme.
I've been secretly working on this for a while.. the lots are all done, but I'd like to have some feedback on the lots. That's why I uploaded the empty version of Aileen Landing for testing.

No EPs/SPs are required for this, as this is fully base game compatible.
No CC is required for the neighborhood to run, but there's an optimal sky replacement mod if you want to have Aileen Landing look like like in the pictures below...

The neighborhood is divided into two main districts; the Alien Village District and the Human Colony District.
The Humans have just arrived in Aileen Landing, so the conflict between Humans and Aliens hasn't arisen (yet)!

Aileen Landing has 53 lots... I hope that's enough, if you don't think so, please let me know!
Also, maybe I added way too many trees... in the neighborhood and/or in the lots

(As you can see in the pictures, Aileen Landing has two suns and a huge gas giant in the sky.)

Anyway, if you're interested in testing, please let me know!
Otherwise, have fun exploring Aileen Landing! However, please expect lots of issues. After all, this is only a beta/test version!

Download link(s):
The neighborhood itself... Inhabited Version (requires alien skins) or Empty Version (no CC required)
The CCs are found here... Alien Skins + Default Sky or the Skybox version (non-default)

Update!!: (01/21/22) The inhabited version has been updated. The most up-to-date version can be found here!
It now also includes scripted events! For more pictures, click here!^^

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:24 AM
I am ridiculously exited about this! I downloaded and can't wait to test it out. Please, please, please when you have finished it, create a shopping district subhood.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:08 PM
oooo I see you're at it again Jawusa. Looks good.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 7:35 PM
will this come with sims living in the hood? i'm so excited!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
will this come with sims living in the hood? i'm so excited!

Well, that was the point of bringing this to light. So anyone who is interested could possibly help in populating the neighborhood.

Also, kudos to Jawusa and her building skills! Her buildings look amazing! :O
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:03 AM
FINALLY the insecure log-in issue has a solution and I can post here!
I've been play testing the version(s) of this neighborhood Jawusa provided and gave feedback on Tumblr.
Its a gorgeous, interesting world with a lot of character. So creative. The sky is amazing, and I love the division of the neighborhood in to two sectors with very diffy architectural styles.

I'll TRY to make some base-game only households and see if Jawusa likes them. I have a lot of projects ongoing so might be a bit slow going on that.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:50 PM
Default Majors Family ready to join
Allen Majors and his new bride Lori would like to join in this adventure.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  123 Home.rar (518.1 KB, 61 downloads) - View custom content

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#8 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:30 PM
Ooh, so excited! I definitely want to create some sims to help populate this world, and I will be more on top of things this time (taking pictures for the storytelling albums)!

I just have a few questions before I start creating sims.

Is the alien society matriarchal? A queen is mentioned, so I just wanted to check. I think that would be pretty cool.

Were you intending to have an alien version of the Goth family populating the Goth manor remake. That could be pretty funny. I could see a gender-swapped version, if alien society is indeed matriarchal. Though I wonder what the reasoning would be for Bella's disappearance if it's not aliens... or wait, what if the manor is inhabited by a creepy, loner alien who was obsessed with Bella and responsible for kidnapping her! He was so obsessed he recreated her entire home for them to live in. That would be messed up...

As you can see, my mind is already going a little wild with possibilities. I do have a lot of questions about the alien culture and backstory though. Do the aliens know the humans are there at all and vice versa? Have there been any rumors?

Do the aliens have pointy ears? Or do some have pointy ears and some don't?
Space Pony
#9 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:15 AM
The Goth house.. all feminine and all, is this where Bella actually ended? :D

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:49 AM
Can anyone make the aliens er sims who go in the hood? I realize they are base game compatible. (God help me the clothes!) just so long as you don't pick hair/clothes that require something other than base game.

If anyone can join in, I wouldn't mind making some. I promise I can make them properly
Mad Poster
#11 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Can anyone make the aliens er sims who go in the hood? I realize they are base game compatible. (God help me the clothes!) just so long as you don't pick hair/clothes that require something other than base game.

If anyone can join in, I wouldn't mind making some. I promise I can make them properly

All are welcome to add families to this thread and the more the merrier to boot.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 5:24 PM
I tired the neighborhood last week, and it is amazing! I came across some minor bugs (mostly visual bugs though):
-“Octahedron Graveyard”: not really a bug, but in the picnic area, when they are done eating, it takes a while for them to go all the way down to the trash bin outside. Sims can walk through the bottom of the structure, bit nothing serious (incredible building, how do you even build that in the sims?? :lovestruc )

-“Pyramid store”: sims can’t get out of the taxi from the back right seat (they can get out from other seats, just a minor bug), also music effects coming from the ground (only visual bug, happens in other lots).

-“Beach”: weird lighting on top of the boardwalk (I didn’t know how to call it sorry )

-“Gym”: sims get stuck at the main door because almost everyone was in front of the door (either cooking, trying to get outside or smustling)

-“Alien café”: 1 wall lamp off the wall

-“Gardens”: at the wedding spot is quite hard to take photos (I tried several angles and failed, but it could be just me sucking at taking photos).

Also, as a side note, while my sims were getting married, not everyone could find a chair or even stand close to them (that little green over there is the plumbob from one of my sims)

-“Queen market”: I don’t know if this one is important, but I couldn’t get to talk to the cashiers.

-Precipitation and weather changes turn the sky back to normal: when it rains, snows or when meteor shower happens. Also, Autumn sky gets normal color (All these are probably because of the sky mod that is not season-friendly).
I’ll keep playing and testing the neighborhood. Thank you for all that hard work, it’s beautiful! :lovestruc
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:23 PM.
Hi everybody!

I'm back with another test version. This time, with a populated one! The Humans haven't arrived (yet) and the crime has been made... (The two Queens are missing!)
But I haven't had the chance to write the descriptions yet, so you'll most likely not find out who the murderer of the town is.... well, maybe you can.
But I'd like to apologize for ruining the neighborhood story with just blank descriptions.

As for the sky, I made it seasons-friendly now! The bright green sky now changes into a foggy lime sky, as the seasons change. The planets are almost invisible in the fog, almost!

However I'm far from the stage where I want the neighborhood to be... but it will be dramatic as hell. Players can also decide whether they want to solve the crime.. or not. But it won't be as easy as Bayside Flats. This time, the crime is not obvious. I want to make this as confusing as possible, so if you want to create some more families, please let me know! By the way, yes! Bella Goth is present in the neighborhood, I also have a story for her, but right now, the descriptions are blank. That's the thing I still have to do: WRITING!

But you can still have a look into the residents.
By the way, I realized how little variety I had with just the standard alien skintone. That's why I started using the mannequin skintone as well, but that was too limiting for me. So I made 3 new alien skintones (turquoise, blue and violet).
Of course, I'll include a fully CC-free version in the final upload. But it's unfair that there are so many alien skintones in TS4 (without CC!) and there's just one alien skintone in TS2.

The neighborhood will come in two versions; one with CC... and the other without CC.
This test version here however requires the CC.

Neighborhood
Neighborhood CC

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 3:03 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 12th Feb 2018 at 7:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
Is the alien society matriarchal? A queen is mentioned, so I just wanted to check. I think that would be pretty cool.

Yes! With aliens, it's the opposite way around. The Queen can also only be a female. This is also why Aileen Landing is ruled by a little baby at the moment. (Her mother AND her grandmother died... but that's part of the neighborhood story... and I don't want to reveal too much. )

Were you intending to have an alien version of the Goth family populating the Goth manor remake. That could be pretty funny. I could see a gender-swapped version, if alien society is indeed matriarchal. Though I wonder what the reasoning would be for Bella's disappearance if it's not aliens... or wait, what if the manor is inhabited by a creepy, loner alien who was obsessed with Bella and responsible for kidnapping her! He was so obsessed he recreated her entire home for them to live in. That would be messed up...

On the day Bella's abductor was about to return Bella to her family, his UFO crashed due to the dense fog which made him drive into a cliff. However, Bella Goth survived that and gave birth to half-alien twins. The abductor's mother felt so sorry for Bella that she tried to re-build her house... But will Bella ever be happy again?

As you can see, my mind is already going a little wild with possibilities. I do have a lot of questions about the alien culture and backstory though. Do the aliens know the humans are there at all and vice versa? Have there been any rumors?

Do the aliens have pointy ears? Or do some have pointy ears and some don't?

The Aliens have noticed strange noise and lightnings but they couldn't identify it because of the thick green fog... that happened on the day where the Queens were kidnapped and murdered. However, the Aliens don't know that the Humans have just landed and the Humans don't know that there's a village nearby.
By the way, that's also why there's a crashed rocket. While landing, the Humans couldn't see anything through the dense fog - which also resulted in many of the humans dying upon arrival.

And yes, all of them have pointy ears! Some have ears pointing upwards, some have ears pointing sidewards... some even have both!
Have a look at the attached screenshot!
Screenshots

My Simblr
Instructor
#15 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 10:56 PM
Thanks for the detailed answers! I will take a look at the test version as soon as I can, probably tomorrow, and then think about some sims that I can add into the mix
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:17 AM
Cool seems really interesting!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 11:34 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 7th Jan 2021 at 10:43 PM.
Aileen Landing’s sky now also changes with weather, not just with seasons…

I thought it’d rain/snow very rarely in Aileen Landing, as it’s a desert.
So it must be a rare phenomen… that’s why I came up with the idea of integrating sun eclipses into the sky, as sun eclipses are rare phenomens as well - and during sun eclipses, it gets much colder! Basically, it rains when one of the two suns of Aileen Landing gets covered by the
big blue planet. And if both suns are covered, it snows!

Updated Sky Mod
Screenshots

My Simblr
Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 2:08 AM
I am soooo excited for this neighborhood! I love playing with alien sims, so this is super cool!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
By the way, the sky is fully seasons-friendly now..

Updated Sky Mod

I love the ones with eclipse! Beautiful! :lovestruc

I have a few questions:

-I noticed some of the aliens have different skintones... Will it be required that we download a CC skintone?

-Also, how many families do we have in total now? Is there room for more?

-And last but not least: Is it true that when installing an AGS game for BG only or any other configuration, that I have to create another AGS for a full game if I want to play with all EPs as usual and not use the base installation? I read somewhere that this was what I was supposed to do but I'm not sure... :/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:03 PM
Astronomical skydomes for the win!

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.

-And last but not least: Is it true that when installing an AGS game for BG only or any other configuration, that I have to create another AGS for a full game if I want to play with all EPs as usual and not use the base installation? I read somewhere that this was what I was supposed to do but I'm not sure... :/

It is not. I've been using three different AGS setups alongside my full game for several years now.

If, however, you have different versions of your full game, it can be awkward switching back and forth between them if you're also actively using your AGS games. AGS gives all the Sims 2 folders in the My Documents folder ID numbers; and if you create an AGS game with your medieval folder in, then rename it and your modern folder to play that, then try to work in AGS, it won't find the ID number for the main folder and will have a panic attack, refusing to open and insisting that you recreate the AGS game so it can straighten out the ID problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 9:26 PM
-I noticed some of the aliens have different skintones... Will it be required that we download a CC skintone?

-Also, how many families do we have in total now? Is there room for more?

The skintones are included in the Custom Content folder I've uploaded alongside the sky mod.
However, I'll include a fully CC-free version of the neighborhood, too! It's just that I found it so unfair that TS4 got violet, blue, white, turquoise and green aliens... but TS2 only green ones. That's why I made them.

As for the families, I think there are about 10 now... but some of them will end up being townies anyway... so we've still got room for families! The Colony area is empty!

By the way, I'm pleased to see you around again.
This actually was a group project, but I ended up doing most of the work... and started doing things on my own (like the sky mod or the families which are in the neighborhood now). I'm so sorry for that!

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It is not. I've been using three different AGS setups alongside my full game for several years now.

If, however, you have different versions of your full game, it can be awkward switching back and forth between them if you're also actively using your AGS games. AGS gives all the Sims 2 folders in the My Documents folder ID numbers; and if you create an AGS game with your medieval folder in, then rename it and your modern folder to play that, then try to work in AGS, it won't find the ID number for the main folder and will have a panic attack, refusing to open and insisting that you recreate the AGS game so it can straighten out the ID problem.

Oh okay! Good to know. Makes it less hectic I suppose.

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
By the way, I'm pleased to see you around again.
This actually was a group project, but I ended up doing most of the work... and started doing things on my own (like the sky mod or the families which are in the neighborhood now). I'm so sorry for that!

OMG! Please don't apologize. I'm the one who should be apologizing for standing back from this project for a long while (and Emerald Heights). So sorry about that! (Life just gets in the way... ) And thank you!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:13 PM
I love the ones with eclipse! Beautiful! :lovestruc

For me and other players you do need to build one to play in otherwise you will have all the houses added each time you start up the main game.
Now this does not happen for everyone and I wish I knew why but I don't.

I have 1 AGS main game to play in, 1 BG to build in and 1 BG to test in.
Sometimes I will build one with few EP's and SP's to go back and revisit what it use to be like.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:05 PM
New families... well... not really new families...
They're actually just families of already existing neighborhoods... but set in the future!

Thanks @Peni Griffin for letting me use your sims!
Screenshots

My Simblr
Page 1 of 7