Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 5:06 PM
Default How can I make a Sim invisible?
I only find solutions for fixing the invisible Sims, but I want to make mine invisible! Any way to do this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 5:20 PM
Headless sim (invisible head/genetics) - https://modthesims.info/d/86687/headless-sims.html

You just need some invisible clothes (or whatever other clothes you want to put them in), and you're good to go. I think you can make do with any clothes made invisible (no texture), as long as it's regular "body" clothes (no alpha-enabled parts), because these use the skin for untextured parts.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 5:51 PM
Thank you! How do I make clothes invisible though? I want them to not be visible at all, if that is possible. So that only the shadow is seen.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 5:57 PM
Won't removing the texture just leave the sim naked? I have nude clothes like that.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 7:21 PM
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mihaelism
Thank you! How do I make clothes invisible though? I want them to not be visible at all, if that is possible. So that only the shadow is seen.

In Bodyshop, color the texture a random color and the alpha fully black (floodfill both). You can use swimwear or some such (but if you want the clothes for all categories you need to recategorize and/or set them as such). Top+bottom works too. You just need one all-category outfit for each age (it's invisible, what it is doesn't matter)

I'm not entirely sure about the shadow, but outside I think it shows some of the shape of the clothes (?), so pick something that won't look weird.

The clothes won't look any good in thumbnails (will show up with a naked texture), but should look fine on the sims.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Bink13y also has an invisible sim:
https://modthesims.info/d/75530/invisible-sim.html

Now I wonder what I will do with an invisible sim
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 10:40 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 3rd Apr 2024 at 10:51 PM.
Drachenfels has a complete set of invisible clothing on our adult sister-site SexySims. I won't give a link as it counts as adult content, but basically they are clothes on nude Maxis meshes, with all-black alpha channels. If you use them as they come, your Sims will appear to be naked, but, since they're really wearing invisible clothes, they don't get embarrassed or shocked about it. Drachenfels made them mainly for people making custom skins, but I use them to make skimpy skin-tight clothing. It wouldn't be hard to make your own in Body Shop. All you need is a nude mesh and an all-black alpha channel.

If you put them on an invisible Sim, it should make the Sim completely invisible, except for their shadow (and maybe their plumbbob)!

I'm not posting a link as it's NSFW, but I'll PM you one if you can't find it.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Bink13y also has an invisible sim:
https://modthesims.info/d/75530/invisible-sim.html

Thank youuu!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Drachenfels has a complete set of invisible clothing on our adult sister-site SexySims. I won't give a link as it counts as adult content, but basically they are clothes on nude Maxis meshes, with all-black alpha channels. If you use them as they come, your Sims will appear to be naked, but, since they're really wearing invisible clothes, they don't get embarrassed or shocked about it. Drachenfels made them mainly for people making custom skins, but I use them to make skimpy skin-tight clothing. It wouldn't be hard to make your own in Body Shop. All you need is a nude mesh and an all-black alpha channel.

If you put them on an invisible Sim, it should make the Sim completely invisible, except for their shadow (and maybe their plumbbob)!

I'm not posting a link as it's NSFW, but I'll PM you one if you can't find it.

Thanks, but I think the Bink13y one should work, I basically need this so that I can take a picture of the Family Loading Screen without the Sims on it, and then I will edit out the shadow if they are there. I couldn't find an empty Family Loading screen, only the Neighborhood and Build Mode ones.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 4:41 PM
Making clothes invisible will just make the sim naked. It won't make the sim themselves invisible.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 4:54 PM
What I was suggesting was Bink13y's invisible Sim wearing Drachenfels's invisible clothes!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 6:49 PM
What I was suggesting was Bink13y's invisible Sim wearing Drachenfels's invisible clothes!

Thank you for the help! <3
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 10:08 AM

Oh yeah. I didn't consider that if the invisible sim was actually naked then they'd get all the prudish sims gasping in horror at empty air and the non prudish sims swooning at it or being repulsed by it lol.
Instructor
#15 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 11:52 AM
There is an already existing "null" outfit which can be found if you enable debug mode in CAS. With the combination of a headless skin, it can work.
If the Sim is already made and cant have the null outfit, it's extracted here: https://modthesims.info/d/38754/ext...ible-skins.html

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr