Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2007 at 11:52 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:19 PM.
The Millionaire's Village Challenge
In this challenge, you will have one family that rules an entire neighborhood all because they are millionaires. They live in a giant mansion surrounded by lower class people that are under their command. Alotogether there are four ranks of families. You must make each rank with the number of families indicated.

*Millionaires(1)
*Wealthy(2-4)
*Middle Class(3-5)
*Low Class(3-5)

There is a strict set of rules for each class:
Millionaires:
*You may only use motherlode to get their money to a million dollars, that's it. Once you get to a million you cannot use any more money cheats.
*No cheats are to be used to alter the sims moods
*boolprop cheats are only to be used for building
*The first son born into this family is the heir.
*The heir may not move out of the mansion.
*Anyone from the millionaire's may not marry anyone below wealthy class.
*You can have as many kids as you want, but must keep trying until you get a son.
*No killing sims on purpose.
*If a sim does happen to die, you may not delete the gravestone or urn.
*You may furnish the mansion as you wish.
*Only the full grown men may work. No teens, no women.
*Must start out with only a man and women.
*No children may be adopted.
*You can hire any service.
*Medium or low class may move in to be servents.

Wealthy:
*You may only use motherlode to get your family's money up to 200,000 simoleans.
*Only use the boolprop cheat for building.
*No cheats are to be used to alter sims moods.
*You may adopt children, but only if it is necessary.
*You may not kill sims on purpose.
*You may not delete tombstones or urns.
*Men and teenage boys may work, no girl or women.
*May marry into own class, medium class, or higher only.
*You can hire nanny only.
*You may not move up a class.

Medium Class:
*You may use the motherlode cheat to get the family's money up to 50,000 simoleans only.
*No other cheats are to be used.
*You may adopt children.
*Any time you woohoo, you must choose try for baby.
*No deleting tombstones or urns.
*Men, teenage boys, and women may work.
*An adult may move into the millionaire's house to be a servant and for that reason only.
*You may hire nanny only.
*You may marry into your own, wealthy, or low classes.
*You can move up a rank by getting you money up to $200,000.

Low Class:
*You may use no cheats whatsoever.
*You may adopt children.
*Any time you do woohoo, you must choose try for baby.
*No deleting tombstones or urns.
*Anyone who is capable can work.
*You may marry into your own class or medium class only.
*You may not hire any services.
*You may move an adult into the millionaire's home to be a servant.
*You can move up a rank by getting your money to $50,000

General Rules:
*You may use any custom or downloaded material.
*When creating families, you must use the dice system to choose aspiration.

1) Romance
2) Family
3) Knowledge
4) Wealth
5) Popularity
6) Pleasure (or choose your own if you don't own nightlife)

*You may design everything else about the families to your liking.

Now, there are certain goals to reach. These will be awarded with points. But if you do the wrong thing, points are taken away. Make sure you keep track of your points.

millionaire heir born > +100
baby born > +25
sim dies of old age > +50
child adopted > +10
alien abduction > -25
alien baby born > -50
sim dies too young or of unnatural cause > -50
family that moves up 1 class > +100
lifetime want acheived > +100
platinum birthday > +15
red birthday > -15

Your goal is to just keep this going until the challenge ends. Play each family, starting with the millionaires, for three sim days each, keep this cycle going so that all of the families can grow.

Game Over:
The challenge ends if:
A)The heir dies before he produces another heir.
B)All of the millionaires die.
C) Your computer crashes and deletes your game. =)

Please feel free to post any questions or comments. If you decide to try this challenge, which I hope you do, please send me a pm telling how you are doing from time to time. So have fun with this challenge and please ask if you need help with anything. :gidea:
Advertisement
#2 Old 6th May 2007 at 2:22 AM
What is the dice system when choosing an aspiration?
Scholar
#3 Old 6th May 2007 at 10:32 PM
You roll the dice (a six sided one) and whatever number comes up you pick that aspiration

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th May 2007 at 10:49 PM
Can the millionaire heir go to college? Or is that included in the "no move out" rule?

"No, college is for women who don't want to marry the first idiot they meet and squeeze out his bastard, moron children." Laura Prepon from That's 70's Show
#5 Old 7th May 2007 at 1:56 AM
Oh I see. Thanks slytherin-girl!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2007 at 5:40 AM
The millionaire heir may go to college, but if something happens to them there, then the challenge is over.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 11th May 2007 at 4:09 AM
http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=29199
Isn't this the same?
What about marrying townies? Is that allowed for any classes? Or none?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2007 at 2:58 AM
No it's not the same. Maybe a few of the things are, but that one is about medieval times and this one is much more modern. And about the townies, you can't marry the townies.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2007 at 10:59 PM
can I have only female heirs instead of only male? I don't really like male sims
Theorist
#10 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 2:21 AM
This sounds interesting, but I'm confused on one point. Does the challenge end with the death of the heir or does this keep going for multiple generations? If it keeps going, the heir needs an heir and whom would he marry since there are no other "nobles" in the neighborhood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 11:32 PM
Kokaku - Technically you are supossed to have only male heirs, but I supose if you can figure out a way to make it work, you could have female heirs.

Misty - The challenge ends when there are no more heirs. So if the first heir dies before he has a son to be the next heir then it is over. If he does have a son then it continues on until there are no more heirs.
#12 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:02 AM
sounds fun
I might give it a try
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 11:54 AM
what if the male heir dies (accidentally caught fire)?
can i have a female heir instead?
#14 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 12:00 PM
My question is does a woman take on her husbands status....? and if so what happens when the husband dies does she just stay at the status he was?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:12 PM
Since my game is non existant at the moment I can't play, but I may as well ask a question.

What class do townies count as?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skylark
Since my game is non existant at the moment I can't play, but I may as well ask a question.

What class do townies count as?

probaly lower
#17 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 7:13 AM
hi guys. this is tinkerbell3552. my account crashed so this is my new one ok. ok so,,,
cosmough: if your male heir dies, the challange is over. no female heirs.

Fayreview: if by status you mean their class then yes. the woman takes on the husbands class. so for instance, if a high class woman marries a low class husband than the woman is now low class, even when the husband dies.

skylark: townies are lower class.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 3:17 PM
I've made most of the families for this challenge, and I am almost ready to move them into their new homes- in fact, I think I may make a little story out of it, I have plans already, I looks like it'll be fun

These are my questions: If you have an unmarried millionaire woman, still living at the millionaire's mansion, have a baby with, say, someone from the lower class, would the baby be classed as lower class? And if it were male, would it have some chance of being an heir?
#19 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 8:11 PM
I've started this challenge and it's really fun so far! I have all my families made which was a little tedious and took up my whole sunday but it was worth it. My female Millionaire is preggers and I'm just about to start my three days as one of the wealthy sim families

thanks so much for this challenge :] !
#20 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 5:57 AM
Just a few quick questions. Is there only one millionaires class family to start with, and if males born into the family that AREN'T heirs move out, does their status change, or stay millionaire? (so do you cheat till they are millionaires again or what?).

This challenge sounds interesting. I can picture the neighborhood in my mind now. I have never done a challenge before, so I'm just making sure.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 1:47 AM
Wow, this sounds really interesting. I'm gonna start this one up tonight I think.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:11 AM
Hello all! This challenge sounds really fun, and I think I'll attempt it. I have tried something like this before, but with no rules and completely for my boredom only, and I had my really rich family own all of the businesses in town. Is that allowed in this challenge?

"Of course this is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" ALBUS PERCIVAL WULFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Molly Weasley.

To my French class, I am known as Ron Weasley. Because we are a cool bunch.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:05 PM
Had a wealthy woman marry a medium class man and he moved into her house, which was, of course much bigger since she started with the $200,000 and he started with $50,000. But if the woman takes on the man's status they should both now be medium class - at least until their assets are over $200,000, right? Should I move them into his house? I created 'neighborhoods' so that each class lives on the same street.
I'm a little confused as to how/when families can change status.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:35 PM
You can't delete tombstones, but can you move them to a community lot?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 6:03 PM
I've been playing this for awhile and the millionaire's family is so very annoying to play - the house is huge, filled with tons of stuff, and the game is very laggy. On the other hand my lower class families, which have to try for baby every time they woohoo are very prolific! Since I have the triplet-quad hack and ACR there have been babies popping out all over! But that is a challenge I can enjoy.
I'm thinking of making my millionaire family a non-playable one - they just live up in their ivory tower mansion, the peons envy them, but I don't play them. Wouldn't kill them off, just ignore them.
Unless someone can suggest ways to speed up the game - would it make a difference if I removed a bunch of the trees, flowers, decorations, etc?
Page 1 of 2