Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 5:41 AM Last edited by SimishGamer : 30th Jan 2017 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Remade The Challenge
Default The Sims 4! From Rags to Riches Mega Challenge!
The point of this challenge is for each simmer to get the sim of their choice from living in rags all the way up to riches. In order to complete this challenge your Sims must meet all of the main game challenge goals listed below. There are mandatory challenge goals that you must meet before you can complete some of the main challenges. There is also a list of optional goals for you to pick and choose from to go along with the main challenge.

Challenge Information and Rules:

• There are certain main goals you are not allowed to complete until you finish the Mandatory Steps that go with them, these side challenges can be found in the Mandatory Steps section. You must complete mandatory steps before you can get a job, build your home and start your family.

• Do not use any cheats unless it is to reset your sim, take away your money, or allow you to move objects. In the beginning of the game move into the most expensive empty lot and then get rid of all of your money. If you need to know how to do this, refer to the Helpful Hints section.

• To make money before you are allowed to get a job take advantage of the things listed in the Making Money section. Your spouse is not allowed to work until they have met the mandatory work requirement. If you have more than one working sim in your home they must each meet the requirement.

• You may not place anything on your Sims lot until you have unlocked the mandatory steps for building a home. Items your sim can carry are allowed to be set down or used on your own lot excluding seeds.

• You are not allowed to place items outside the walls of your home or use seeds until you finish the Mandatory Steps for Building a Garden.

• Before you own a bed you must use public places to sleep, you may not place a bed on a public lot. Outdoor retreat users may use a tent if you want but you must earn the money to buy it and it can not be placed on your home lot. Once your friendly level is full with a sim you may stay at their home one night a week if you so wish. You must count the days and on the seventh day you can stay with them again. While at their home for that one night you are allowed to make and eat as many meals as you want to but you cannot take them with you. You can make one plate of food before you leave their home to take when you go. Do not sleep at any Sims home at any other time until you have a bed of your own.

• You can rummage for food, garden public plants or cook on the outdoor barbecues until you have built your home. I survived off of selling collectables and making food like this for a while before I got my home.

• If you decide to add any other sims besides the spouse and kids, they may not work in any way or earn money with hobbies like painting.

• If you are part of a club that can earn money by painting, writing, etc. You can not keep any of the money made by selling these items until you have finished every main goal. You may however hang the paintings in your home or delete them all.

• If you have city living you can move your sim into an apartment, but you must follow all of the challenge requirements. You have to delete everything from the apartment and get rid of all of your money. You must eventually work your way up to owning the penthouse so you can complete the garden challenge.

• Your life span can be set to anything you wish for this challenge, you can even turn aging off to be able to finish the whole challenge.

Main Game Challenge Goals (Non optional)

A fully furnished home with:
• At least 3 Bedrooms.
• A Kitchen.
• A dining room.
• At least 2 Bathrooms.
• A family or living room.
• A study with at least one computer.
• An outdoor garden. (If you are using city living you must have a penthouse to achieve this goal)
• A pool.

Have a Family:

• Get married to a sim (you can create a sim or marry one already in game but you must get rid of all of their possessions and money before you marry.)
• Become a grandparent.

Have a career:
• Pick any career of your choosing, you can use Get to Work, or any regular job. You may also run a restaurant, or store.
• Earn the Entrepreneurial lifetime reward.
• Reach level 10 of the career branch of your choosing/Or if you are running your own business earn $100,000 with your business and have your employees be fully trained.

Aspirations:
• Complete at least one aspiration goal for both your original sim and their husband or wife.
• Complete one aspiration for each child you have. (You can do this in their childhood years or make it harder on yourself and accomplish this when they become adults.)

Money Goal:
• Have a home worth at least $100,000.
• Have at least $200,000 in the bank. (If you want a harder challenge raise this goal up to $500,000 or even $1,000,000.)

Mandatory Steps

Before you can complete the main goals for this challenge you must meet the qualifications listed below. Once you have completed one of these goals you can move on to the main goal it is paired with.

Mandatory Steps for Building a Home:
• You must have a level 5 in the handiness skill and 3 levels in logic.
• You must pay a fine of $500 to the city for noise disturbances before you begin building.

Mandatory Steps for Building a Garden:
• You must complete the Mandatory Steps for Building a Home.
• You must have your handiness skill up to level 7 and your gardening skill to level 5 before you can begin building or placing items outside.
• You must have at least one bedroom with a bed, a bathroom with a toilet and shower, a living room/kitchen (this can be one room but you must have these basic items) fridge, counter, sink, stove, table, chair, fire alarm and a couch.
• Blueprints cost $500.

Mandatory Steps for Getting a Job:
• You must have a home address before applying for a job. Complete the Mandatory Steps for Building a Home.
• Have one of each in your home: a bed, a toilet, a shower, a sink, a stove, a counter, a chair and a fridge.
• Pay $1000 for a college degree to begin your career.

Mandatory Steps for Having a Family:

• Before you can marry a sim you must have a starter home for them to live in.
• Every kid you have must max out all of their skills as a toddler before they can age up.
• To age up to a teen each child must complete one of these options: have 5 levels in any 1 skill and perfect grades, or 10 levels in one skill.
• To level up to a young adult your sim must complete one of these options: Have 5 levels in any 2 skills and a part time job, or 10 levels in 2 skills.
• You must pay for and host a wedding every time a pair of sims get married.

Optional Challenges:
• Get your starter sim and their husband or wife both to level 10 in their career.
• Have three or more children and at least three grandchildren.
• Have at least one child and their children live with your starter sim and their spouse.
• Expand your home; make it a mansion with the most expensive items in the game.
• Divorce your spouse and remarry after you have kids. (The same process must be met with your new spouse as your first.)
• Keep the kids if you divorce.
• Have an amazing relationship with your children.
• Have a part time hobby while working a career. (Example: painting or writing)
• Complete every type of party available with the highest success possible.
• Write one of every style book.
• Have at least 5 of your own paintings on the walls of your home.
• Woohoo in every place available.
• Complete one of your children’s aspirations as an adult.
• Complete one of your grandchildren’s aspirations as a child.
• Complete one of your grandchildren’s aspirations as an adult.
• Purchase one of each lifetime reward for one sim, excluding the potions.
• Have your family be worth one million dollars.
• Pool Parties Galore: Throw 10 house parties and have at least 3 guests swim at each one.
• Visit every public lot at least 3 times each in your game.
• Host 5 or more weddings.
• Read every book available in the Sims.
• Reach level five of every skill available in game.
• Have twins or triplets.
• Complete every optional goal available.

Helpful Hints

Taking Away Money
Press Ctrl + Shift + C to gain access to the cheat bar, type in testingcheats on and then hit enter. Open the cheat bar again and enter money 0 and hit enter again, this will take away all of your money. When you are completing a mandatory step and you have to pay money before you can complete it use this step. For example: you have $1075 and you need to pay $500 for blueprints use the cheat and set your money to $575 and you have no bought your blue print.

Making Money
The options listed below seem to be what people think are the best ways to make money without having a career.
• Gardening (You can’t use seeds on your own lot but there are plenty of places around town that you can harvest plans from.)
• Painting (Find a lot with an easel and begin painting. If you can’t find an easel around town anywhere I suggest placing one in the park or on another public lot.)
• Writing (The library has full access to computers.)
• Programing (I’m not sure if you can do this on a public lot but if you are not allowed to, this would be a good way to make money once you have a home but no job yet.)
• Comedy (People say that this isn’t the fastest way to make money but it might help with this challenge. The nightclub has a mic stand that you can use.)
• Musical Instruments (You can make tips by playing the instruments provided for you in town or buy your own once you have built your starter home.)
• Collecting (When I started this challenge myself collecting was a major factor for me in the beginning. I sold the items I found and made some pretty good money off of it.)
• Video Gaming (Isn’t the most profitable earning system but you can still make some money off of playing games.)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:27 AM
Wow This is one mega challenge! I think I'll try it when I've finished the one I'm working on now. I'll also record it and post the link.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyFrench
Wow This is one mega challenge! I think I'll try it when I've finished the one I'm working on now. I'll also record it and post the link.

I would love to see the result!
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 10:11 PM
Sounds like a good challenge, I might try it in the future once I get a better computer
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 4:32 AM
I have already made a homeless sim I have been playing, but I think I am going to start this challenge with her. Shes a collector and already has some simoleans saved up, but shes got a ways to go. I definitely like the way you have this set up!
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 7:13 AM
http://ragstorichesmega.blogspot.com/

This is the link to my blog I am doing for this challenge. My sim has managed to finally build her own home, and also complete the collector aspiration.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 1:36 PM Last edited by mama_tex : 6th Dec 2015 at 3:53 PM.
quick question-How can I level my handiness skill-I read the book in the library but that only have me level one, almost up to level 2. I stayed one night at a friends house but nothing there broke so now what? Edit: Ok so it's the end of the week and finally a sink broke at the library and then the toilet and two computers so that took care of my handiness problem. But I missed the part where you said we had to marry a sim we created-all this time I've been working on summer hoilday as a future wife. So does it have to be a new sim or can I marry her?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MsValkryieAngel
Sounds like a good challenge, I might try it in the future once I get a better computer

I hope you do get to try this. It was really fun, I am going back to re edit it a bit and do the challenge again myself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by allyt95
http://ragstorichesmega.blogspot.com/

This is the link to my blog I am doing for this challenge. My sim has managed to finally build her own home, and also complete the collector aspiration.

Aww I loved the blog, I am really happy that you have had a chance to play the challenge! It is quite a bit of work but I am gonna try to achieve every goal and optional goal myself!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
quick question-How can I level my handiness skill-I read the book in the library but that only have me level one, almost up to level 2. I stayed one night at a friends house but nothing there broke so now what? Edit: Ok so it's the end of the week and finally a sink broke at the library and then the toilet and two computers so that took care of my handiness problem. But I missed the part where you said we had to marry a sim we created-all this time I've been working on summer hoilday as a future wife. So does it have to be a new sim or can I marry her?

As long as you get rid of all of her possessions and money you can marry anyone
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 11:59 PM
This challenge looks like a lot of fun, not to mention extremely challenging! I think I'm going to turn off aging since I'm a little rusty, haha.

Just to clarify, if I'm playing Windenburg, I'd have to use either the Fyres or Villareal (64x64) lots, correct? Since there don't seem to be any 50x50 ones according to this map \].
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 11:33 PM
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it!
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:27 PM
How do you get fined for noise ordinances? I'm not sure what you mean by this one.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeB424
How do you get fined for noise ordinances? I'm not sure what you mean by this one.

You would use a money cheat to remove the amount of money the fine costs. So if you have 700 dollars and the fine is 200 dollars you would open your cheat bar, type in the usual testingcheats on hit enter then put in money 500.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 5:51 PM
Thank you for sharing this challenge, it's a lot of fun.
I'm a long time simmer, but I'd really struggled with getting into TS4 and I kept meaning to go back and give it a proper chance. Then a week or two ago my friend, who is also a major Sims geek, told me about this challenge and it has been the kick I needed to give TS4 another go.

I'm nowhere near completing it yet obviously but I've slowly worked up from living on a park bench and scavenging everything I could find to sell, to being level 8 in the painter career and now having just invited her boyfriend to move in with her in her bungalow. I plan on expanding to a multi-story build as I get the money and need for more rooms, such as having kids. Every time I've had a bit of cash I've focused on fully fleshing out each room in the house before getting her boyfriend into the house, so it's felt like a real achievement every time I get a room 'finished'. Now he's moved in I'm working on getting his skills to the minimum levels to allow him to get his job back and start bringing in some extra cash.

Here are a few shots of my journey so far.
https://imgur.com/a/hMqxo
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 6:58 PM
What does this mean -

"- Blueprints cost $500. "?
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Roosdehaas
What does this mean -

"- Blueprints cost $500. "?

it means that you have to remove 500 simoleons
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 9:47 PM
Haven't done a challenge yet and this looks cool. thanks!
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 4:22 AM
I just finished this challenge! It took a while but it was a ton of fun. This was the first time I've ever played with aging off!
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 4:57 PM
Is $500 for the garden blueprint or is it $500 for the house and $500 for the garden? I already paid $500 of noise ordinance. Do I have to pay another $500 before I build the house?
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenGwen38
Is $500 for the garden blueprint or is it $500 for the house and $500 for the garden? I already paid $500 of noise ordinance. Do I have to pay another $500 before I build the house?

You pay $500 for each one, so a $1000 total.
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 7:22 PM
I am currently doing the other homeless challenge posted on here. Actually, according to the rules, I have completed it. I am continuing because she saved $28,000 and I am building a new house. I didn't have her get a job, instead, I had her register as an Artist and she makes her money by painting and selling her paintings. Now that she is at level 10, she makes some serious cash. Painting seems to be the best way to make money over all and my fav career. I have to force myself to get other jobs for my Sims. This challenge looks a lot harder so I think I will do it next. There doesn't seem to be many people doing these challenges. Well if they are, they are not posting. :\
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 4:08 AM
I'm attempting this in Strangerville.
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LEsherick37
I'm attempting this in Strangerville.

Hmmm.. that's a great idea for location. Love the vibe there
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 4:55 PM
I'm going to do it!
I'm going to do this! I made a blog to do it, and my first post is right here-> http://https://ragstoricheschalleng...9/06/hello.html I'm so excited!
Page 1 of 2