Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:34 AM
Default The house of your dreams
A dreamhouse is by definition, what you desire for a home beyond your basic needs.

Mine would be palatial, colorful and shaped like an octagon.

Inside on floor one, we have ample space for family reunions, house parties and just me and my husband with our octuplets having dinner and watching Toy Story movies. (the fact Woody rekindles his flame with Bo Peep in the upcoming 4th one is all exciting, but the running gag of a deluded Buzz will need retooling.)

Floor two belongs to the children. Each get a room within the octagon's side, painted to match their namesake.

Floor three is mine and my husband's. We'd have a skylight in our room to gaze as drift off to sleep in each other's arms.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:42 AM
An apartment in Paris in the Marais district near the Place des Vosges with a balcony.

Theorist
#3 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:01 AM

Not much to look at...location, location, location.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:06 AM
I want a large, modern living room with a large fireplace at one end with big expansive ottomons and couches grouped around it, rock walls, lots of plants, and a natural looking pool with rocks around it and a sunken rock hot tub beyond the sitting area.. One side would be all glass from floor to ceiling and the room would be two stories high with light cast on the ceiling to look like the night sky.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:08 AM
I'm gradually coming to realize that I can't live somewhere very long if it's not in a forest, so there's the first thing. As far as architectural styles go, there's lots that I love, but for my own dream home, there's really only one that I could settle on- National Park Service Rustic, or "Parkitecture." Native stone corners and foundations, native wood walls, big old fireplaces, and kind of meant to blend into the landscape rather than stand out in it. I love houses with personality, so for mine, I'd opt for lots and lots of little half-levels winding back up (or down) the nearest hill, following the natural lay of the land as much as possible. I want it to be a building that you have to get to know over a long time if you really want to be able find everything in it.

Oh yeah, and secret passages. Obviously.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
#6 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Oh yeah, and secret passages. Obviously.

*nods*

and a dungeon
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
*nods*

and a dungeon

Obviously. What supervillain lair is complete without one?

Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 2:52 AM
It would be on a street which would mimic an American suburb, with a 1950s style architecture and most likely painted a pastel pink or blue. With a moderate sized front garden and a larger back garden, with a quite high fence or brick wall so that I know my children can play ball outside without it ending up in anothers garden, and that I can dry clothes on a washing line without worrying about them being stolen.

First floor: The inside would be quite vintage looking, the front room would have a beige and brown colour scheme, with maybe white floral wall paper. The couch would also be floral coloured and the tv would look retro, but would actually be a modern tv. We would have a nice bay window with possibly some stained-glass design on the top part of the window, with long white curtains drooping down. The bathroom will be a pastel pink colour, bathtub (with the taps in the middle of the bath) as well as a shower, and yknow the obvious toilet and sink too. It's going to be quite a small bathroom, I find big bathrooms kinda too spacey and awkward. The livingroom is going to have a large glass table with dark coloured wood, probably some kind of nice wallpaper, nothing too fancy. There'll be a computer desk there, so that I can watch what my kids are doing on the computers, it'll probably be a iMac G3 because they're beautiful beasts, but running Windows - but not like a new windows, like windows xp-ish, so it can play sims 1, 2 and games like Petz and Babyz. My kids will probably love that. Lots of pictures of family on the walls, etc leading up the stairs?. Oh and the kitchen! I forgot the kitchen, The kitchen will have a 'smeg' fridge, in a pastel colour - which will match with the kitchen counter tops (counters will be a light wood colour), there'd probably be a pantry with my henry hoover and like some cereal or something in, but the kids will be scared of the pantry because I'll tell them that a monster lives in there. There might be some kind of breakfast table/bench in there, with some little stools. So sometimes I can do some baking and my kids can sit down and help/watch. There'd also be an extra room, the kids will whine that they want their own rooms and to turn it into a bedroom, but it'd be the den/study, which will have a tv and some video game consoles, also 2 desks for me and my future husbands laptops. But it'd have to be at a part of the house that isn't close to the kitchen or bathroom, otherwise you probably wouldn't see my husband for days. There'd also be a sofa in there, for like watching movies and binge watching tv. It would look a lot more modern than the front room, the front room won't be very practical, it'd just be very pretty, but we'd still call the front room the "livingroom", even though more time would be spent in the den.

Second floor: upstairs will of course be the bedrooms. I'd like a 3 bedroom house. I plan on having 3 children, so I imagine they'll probably be 1 of 1 gender, and 2 of the other, but if it's all 3 of the same gender, the older 2 (which I'm planning on having a 2 year age gap between) will probably share, and the younger one (who will be 4 years younger than the middle child) will get their own room. I can't really tell what my childrens bedrooms will be like yet, because obviously if my daughter hates pink I wouldn't give her a pink room, but I hope I can have a son who is cool with having a nautical themed room - I don't know why, but I'm really good at making nautical themed rooms in sims. I think for a bit the room that will eventually become the younger kids room will be a nursery, so it'll probably be painted yellow, with a beautiful wooden crib in and a cot mobile, I'm thinking of having it giraffe themed, so there'll be giraffe plushies on book cases and stuff. Yeah.
My bedroom will be awesome. It'll be mostly blue and white. big double bed, probably a Moses basket in the corner, which was originally for the kids, but when they got older me and my future husband would put like plushies from comic-con in there (or like, keep our snacks in there for movie night). I own lots of plushies, I'll probably have a walk-in wardrobe full of plushies to hide E.T in, and then like also a wardrobe full of clothes. There might be a tv, but just a medium sized one, video games and stuff would be done downstairs, this would mainly just be so if we wanted to watch a movie in bed, we wouldn't have to bring our laptops in (meaning he wont stay up half the night playing on his laptop after I fall asleep within the first 20 minutes of the movie). There might be another bathroom upstairs, but it won't have a bath/shower in, just the toilet and sink. Just so there's no lines for the bathroom.

Then there'd be an attic, but attics are creepy as hell so no-one would go in it, but we'd be paranoid about people living in there so it'd probably be lockable from the outside only.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:07 AM
Either a nice NYC apartment with a cutting edge theme, or a small version of a Victorian era house, all cleaned up. As for what I'd keep in the Victorian house, there would be a nice vanity, a room for studio procedures like singing or playing musical instruments, and an art room if possible.

Failing an art room, I'd have a decent computer in my bedroom (NYC apartment) or studio room (Victorian house). Good enough to work and play on. I'll have another server computer meant for downloading and uploading things.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Theorist
#10 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:34 AM
The general style of the villa/landhouse must be a Central/Western European styled (like my upload here) of a few hundreds years old in a black/white/grey/dark brown colour scheme, an aged house with of course all modern things like electricity/internet/hot water etc. I simply don't like the ultra modern houses.

- A large front yard with the flowers, bushes, fountains, statues etc from the same era, you name it. In the back yard the same, plus some stairs a large pond full of fish, a large swimming pool and hot tub, a terrace with a barbecue and large part where you can relax. At the front side a large garage, of course. Some tennis courts and a football field will lie close to the basement bar/ball room and bathroom downstairs. On the other side of the courts is a shed situated for the storage of my cycling gear/bicycle and other sports stuff.
- At the first floor a large lobby with stairs on the left, middle and right side of and a long hallway connection with the rest of house. The kitchen and dining room at one side, the living room at the other side. In the hallway there's space for a movie theater, the study room, a gaming room. Of course, a minor bathroom + massage room is there as well. The kitchen has his own access to a wine cellar and large storage for food.
- Downstairs in the basement there will be a nice view over the back yard and will consist of an indoor swimming pool and sauna + sports hall with basketball ring/football goal + fitness room + a bathroom. Most daylight will come from outside, not the lights inside.
- Upstairs on the second floor will have the master bedroom with a secret doorway to a private room for some casual privacy for me and the misses ( ), not accessible for the kids, who will have their own rooms with personal computer, television and that sorts of thing. All bedrooms will have their own balconies and walk in closets, with the one in the master bedroom having it's own department for my football shirts collection. Of course, a bathroom will be here, too. Just like a giant playroom for the children.
- The roof will have a roof balcony with some cosy and romantic circumstances and a minor fridge for champagne and wine, too, with the rest of the roof looking like my earlier mentioned house.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 5:30 AM
When I can save up enough, I'd love to purchase some land somewhere in the mountainy-urban region of California. Close enough so I can buy groceries and go to work, but still far enough from traffic and crowds! I'd design my own home (I'm pursuing a degree in architecture, so... this thread is right up my alley!), and it would be a nice, sprawling traditional home, with plenty of outdoor space. I would also definitely have the structure built out of steel! Wood is too unsafe in my opinion. I'd want a vegetable garden, a nice patio... and on the inside, plenty of office space! Hardwood floors, granite countertops, and big windows to let in all the wonderful California foggy morning light.

And, potentially... A vacation home in the plains states! A nice farmhouse with enough farmland to provide food for my household would be wonderful. Ah, I'd love that.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 7:06 AM
The Tardis.

Failing that, a nice family home with enough rooms and a giant library...
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:52 AM
Dream home is a single house with a big garden, something like the house Ryan Gosling builds in "The Notebook". All the floors would be dark hardwood, with white boiseries, moulding and stucco in every room. All the furniture would be white with a few wooden accents, and fabrics would have grey, pastel and earthy tones.
My dream house has as little plastic as possible, so everything plastic will be replaced with wood/metal/porcelain.
The decor would be a mixture of sober Hollywood regency and Long Island rustic shabby. The only room which is not going to have white tones is the library, where the boiserie is ebony, the big chesterfield leather couch is sitting on an Aztec pattern rug and a big dark marble fireplace dominates the room.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Instructor
#14 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:36 AM
Something like this build somewhere where no one lives:D

And I also need this fireplace:P

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
... somewhere where no one lives:D

You'd soon tire of that you know. There's a lot to be said for living in a city with 12 screen cinemas and 24 hour chemists (pharmacists).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#16 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 12:51 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 17th Aug 2015 at 2:16 PM. Reason: I forgot to tell about my dream home...
I used to dream of living in a very small Victorian with a very large yard, only tiny portions of which could be seen from any given spot.
There would be old trees, flowers, and overgrown shrubs everywhere. And little paths leading to hidden corners in the yard.
There would be odd ornaments of glass, stone, metals, or wood. And there would be birds and rabbits and deer...

These days, I fantasize about living in a boarding house, maybe some old large Victorian with 8 or 9 bedrooms.
A place with only one or two vacancies left. An old, dilapidated home of peeling paint and worn stairs
that shelters people from different walks of life,
all coming to sit at the same table to share breakfast and supper.

@Crowkeeper
Okay, is it just me, or do you see somebody's avatar...a certain particular crow's face here? :lovestruc
Screenshots
Alchemist
#17 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:50 PM
A warehouse with concrete floors and exposed steel beams and pipes, and a nice modern interior would do. I'd honestly wouldn't care either if my car stood in my livingroom because there's a garage door there.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#18 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:54 PM
MY DREAM HOUSE.
By SuperSimoholic.

It will have an outside that keeps the rain and cold out, and and inside that keeps my precious stuff safe.

The End.
Instructor
#19 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 2:21 PM
Quote:
You'd soon tire of that you know. There's a lot to be said for living in a city with 12 screen cinemas and 24 hour chemists (pharmacists).

I dont think so But I respect your opinion

Quote:
Okay, is it just me, or do you see somebody's avatar...a certain, particular crow's face here?

Wow you are right! I haven't even noticed it:D:DNow I love the house even more! I cant believe how observant you are.

#20 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 7:48 PM
I want the usual 3 bedroom house + movie room + library room, and a shop in an out building.

And cat proof furniture and dog proof carpets.

Not downwind from any major cities, about 15-20 miles from civilization. 5 acres so I can grow biofuel and feed feed crops for goats/rabbits/chickens/sheep/dexter Cows.

A large root cellar.
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:08 PM
-Real wood floors. Our last house had really nice floors (even when they weren't polished they were awesome).
-Ground floor toilet
-Minimum 2.5m high ceiling. I will end who ever tells me otherwise
-Separate kitchen (no island)
-Loads of (big) windows (or at least be one of those houses that gets lots of sunlight)
-White bathroom, 1 or 2
-4 or 5 bedrooms, (I'll stick a tv in one of them, I don't like having the tv in the livingroom)
-Front and back garden (not big, that would be inconvenient)
-A fireplace that I'll never use, just for the lols
-Basement (best place to tools, stick boiler, electrics, washer, and drier)

Completely unrelated, they put that song for the mentos ad again
Mad Poster
#22 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon

Having spent most of my life living in places without 12 screen cinemas and 24 hour pharmacies, I beg to differ. YOU might tire of it, but I've loved it for 24 years and counting now!

Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:17 PM
Once wanted a big house, for all the kids; bought 5 acres of unimproved mountain top (3 in old forest); well THAT all blew up (literally -- Mt St Helen). So now I want (and AM planning) something small & rustic. Like lots of property around, but (spoiled California girl) need a big city within an hour drive..

{spoiler]

[/spoiler]
fffff why didn't my "spoiler" work?
Instructor
#24 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:21 PM
Quote:
fffff why didn't my "spoiler" work?

{spoiler] you have a wrong symbol here

But I love your dreamhouse :lovestruc

Mad Poster
#25 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
{spoiler] you have a wrong symbol here

But I love your dreamhouse :lovestruc

Poo. And thank you, I love it too. I am debating buying land so I can build it. Probably will just entertain myself designing it (family full of contractors and I took one drafting class, so now I'm expert. )
Oh look, on the table... IS THAT PIE!!

Page 1 of 2