Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 10:42 PM Last edited by Lamare : 22nd Jan 2018 at 12:34 PM.
Default Moving out mod
This mod has moved out from the old cramped thread into its own new one.
I thank LilSister and lientebollemeis for posting there, I took their thoughts into account before making new version.

This is a global mod that changes a few things about moving out. I offer you to try it out, post feedback and suggestions.

Move Out
  • Moving out, precisely divide funds or opt to default "government aid".
  • Enrolling in college, take other teens and pets and don't lose scolarships.
  • Graduating or dropping out, wait for peers and move out in a bunch.
  • Finding own place or being divorced, pick between university and main family bins.
Basically, this mod offers 3 options to choose when moving: how to divide funds, what sims to take with you and sometimes what 'hood bin you end up in. It covers 4 occasions:
  1. Moving out by finding own place (via computer or newspaper):
    • This method does not allow you to move out all playables at once (you'll be asked to use neighborhood tool).
    • It's not allowed to leave kids or pets behind without a guardian.
    • Moving sims can take any amount of money from current funds, even the entire budget. If they don't take anything, they end up with $20000 in the bin.
    • Differences in two versions:
      • FLEX. Choose destination family bin anytime. Choose between main and uni to be able to, say, move your playable scientist or teacher to college sub-hood, or to move a family back from college.
      • LITE. Choose destination family bin only in special cases: when non-YA living on campus or young adult living in non-uni 'hood initiates moving out.
  2. Moving out of college in the event of aging up to adult (graduation or dropping out):
    • This is a one time event. One sim has one shot at it.
    • Graduates/drop-outs may choose not to move out, for example, in order to wait for other students to grow up and then move with them.
    • If sims chose to move out, they may take anyone except YAs with them.
    • If sims chose NOT to move out, later they can use computer or paper to find new place or tag along with other moving out sims.
    • This method allows to move out all playables.
    • It's not allowed to leave kids or pets behind without a guardian.
    • Graduating sims on top of their part-time career get upgraded to full-time job in linked career.
    • Sims moving out of college can take any amount of money from current funds, even the entire budget. If they don't take anything, they end up with $20000 in the bin. If all the playables are moving out and their budget is over $20000, they will take their money with them without asking you.
  3. Leaving for college as a teen (by calling a taxi):
    • Teens can take other household members with them: other teens that qualify for college and pets.
    • It is possible to move out all playables (like if the whole household consisted of teens).
    • Kids or pets can be left to be taken by social services.
    • Future students can take any amount of money from current funds, even the entire budget. If they don't take anything, they receive standard $500 per teen in the bin. All applied scholarships are added in any case.
    • Make sure all teens actually apply for scholarships before you initiate moving out.
  4. Moving out as a divorcee:
    • Divorcee can take any amount of money from current funds, even the entire budget. If they don't take anything, they end up with $20000 in the bin.
    • Scorned sims can't take anyone with them.
    • Differences in two versions:
      • FLEX. Choose destination family bin every time - choose between main and uni.
      • LITE. Choose destination family bin only in unusual cases - for non-YA living on campus or YA living in main 'hood.

Teens stay teens on campus
  • Prevents the game from "fixing" teens into young adults on university lots, other than dorms.
  • For teens to age up to young adults and become students, they have to move in to dorm. Other types of lots leave teens be teens.
  • This mod doesn't concern aging. Normally sims wouldn't age on campus at all. If you'd like it, grab my "Uni aging" mod.

Young adults stay young adults in main 'hood
  • Prevents the game from "fixing" young adults into adults after placing them on lot from family bin in main 'hood.
  • Prevents aging process for young adults in main 'hood. (Normally they would age, even though you woudn't see it on their UI panel.)
  • This mod doesn't concern education process. For classes and all that, look up mods like "University in main 'hood".
  • Also, when older sims ask YAs to move in with them, they still age up to adults, either as graduates or drop-outs depending on who asked. I have to say I like this feature. Let me know, if you don't.

Requires Apartment Life or Mansions and Gardens.
backup your good 'hoods and/or test in testing 'hood.
For "Move Out" mod, choose only one version, either Lite or Flex.
Conflicts:
- "Move Out" conflicts with my ya-move-out-of-college (this one covers that one and offers more on top).
- "Move Out" may be used with "No 20k Handout" mod, if my file loads after that. "Move Out" mod will overrule "20k" in terms of splitting funds on moving out, but its other features will stay intact.
- Before adding "Move Out", remove old "moving-extended", "YA-moveout-of-college" and/or "zmoving-extended-cash".
- "Teens stay teens" conflicts with "Inteen". If you use "Inteen", you don't need "Teens stay teens" at all.
- "YA stay YA" may conflict with mods that edit aging controller. Doesn't conflict with with my "Uni-aging", though.

Download links:
Move Out Flex - for more control over destination bin
Move Out Lite - for one less decision and pop-up
Teens stay teens at Uni
YA stay YA in main 'hood
Advertisement
just a girl
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:07 PM
The mod now covers 4th moving out occasion - for when sims are kicked out after divorce. Links and description are updated in the first post.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 10:48 AM
So many options ... I am excited about trying move out flex. I like all the additional features. I love the idea that of several teens leaving home to go to college at the same time (perfect for twin siblings) and taking their pet with them. Also being able to choose to move to another University neighborhood make it possible to create a college town. I forgot that Sims get kicked out when they divorced; I've never seen it. There is a mod I've had in my game for years that prevents that from happening.
just a girl
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 7:15 PM
College town is a great idea. That's a shame teens wouldn't be able to be a part of it =(
I'll be looking into removing age restrictions, but for now, it is what it is.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 11:21 PM
I need a little clarity ... If a child born in university grows up on campus, when they become a teen do they get to live out their teen days or will they automatically age to YA? I have not switched mods yet, I'm still using ya_move_out_of_college_lamare. The Sim who had her baby on campus moved back to neighborhood after graduation; her daughter was still a child so I didn't get to test that scenario.
just a girl
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:34 AM
I've discovered that in university, teens become young adults on lot load. I will see if I can avoid that, but I'm not sure I can.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 12:16 PM
That's the problem I used to run into years ago when I had children grow up on campus. It was my experience they would age to YA within a couple of Sim hours of aging to teen (I don't remember the exact time frame); was so weird because the transition was so sudden. Back then I would send them to live with relatives (usually their grandparents) immediately after their birthday. I would exit the lot and teleport them into another household and move them in.

I've never used inteen, but I understand that it supports college campus living ... I wonder how it circumvents teen aging.
just a girl
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 8:51 AM
Updates:
- Teens can live in university without being fixed into young adults. Exception - dorms. So, for teens to age up to young adults and become students, they have to move in to dorm. Other types of lots leave teens be teens.
- Young adults can move to main 'hood without being fixed into adults on lot load.

Files in first post.

Thank you for mentioning Inteen, LilSister. It helped with teens.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 4:03 PM Last edited by LilSister : 5th Jan 2018 at 4:29 PM.
I'm not able to use it because I have YA's living in my main hood who have jobs and I don't want them to age up (I play with Squinge teen-to-YoungAdult-NoCollege in addition to YA-visitors-outside-of-uni; and no-adult-to-elder); all of these mods are compatible with your current mod set available for download. I think I'm a little confused by what is allowed and not allowed as stated in the first post.

I do like the like the idea of teens being able to live in residential lots on college campuses without aging. Is it possible to update the current mod that's available for download to allow teens to live on residential lots on college campus without aging?

I also would really love to see feedback from anyone that is currently testing this new set.
just a girl
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Lamare : 6th Jan 2018 at 7:47 PM.
I'll try to rewrite the description to make it more clear.

Nothing in this mod makes YAs age up in main 'hood. It's just this mod doesn't prevent normal aging process that happens everyday at 6 p.m. If you have a mod that prevents it for YAs - you're good. I guess I will have to offer my own version to complete the set.

Sure, I can add the teen part in my published set. Seems like a logical thing to do.
_____
ETA. Decided to separate the files. I hope that makes it better to grasp what does what. Two new files are added to first post:
- Teens stay teens on campus
- Young adults stay young adults in main 'hood
Forum Resident
#11 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM
I upgraded to the "moveout_flex" and it didn't work the way I intended. My YA Sim was living in a student apartment with his wife (he recently got married) and his infant son. I chose to have the Sim drop out of college. I opted for the option that delayed his leaving university. I wanted him to change clothing because I play with the Sbb body shape and I wanted to avoid adding the awful outfit the game usually chooses. After fixing him up I chose the phone ... there was no option for him to return back to Redwood Cove on the phone. When I tried to move him and his family out by computer the pop-up instructed me to move the family from the neighborhood. However this placed them in the Sim Bin in the University Hood.

So I just re-read what the upgraded mod is supposed to do and I'm a bit confused. How are you supposed to move the whole family back to the main neighborhood?
just a girl
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 5:28 PM
In two parts. Currently we can't move out all playables at once by finding own place. I have to research safety of it some more. There are things that need to be done when all sims move out. I myself would like to make this happen, but can't promise yet.

Good news is I changed the money transferring dialog to the one where you just type in desired amount; no fiddling with percents and dragging bars (I can't believe I spent all this time on this resurrection and fridge nonsense). I also added the possibility to choose money when sims move IN. I'll post update after I test it some more.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 8:03 PM
Even if you do it in two parts adult Sims cannot be moved back to the main neighborhood. I restored my backup and put back "ya_move_out_of_college_lamare" (works perfectly), so I could continue my game progress. I moved my Sim along with his wife and baby, back home with the teleport and add to family option of the Sim Blender.
just a girl
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 1:12 PM Last edited by Lamare : 21st Jan 2018 at 1:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
Even if you do it in two parts adult Sims cannot be moved back to the main neighborhood.

They can - by using computer or paper, option "find own place". ETA: unless they're the only grown ups in their family, in which case yeah, they can't. It sucks without full move...
If your sims were already in students bin, if I understand right, they can't move from bin to bin (I don't know how to modify 'hood bin tool).
With ya-move-out-of-college you can't move between 'hoods at all. It has far less options
Forum Resident
#15 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:41 PM
Apparently I misunderstood what the upgraded mod could and could not do. It offers a lot of options and seems a little complicated with all that it's supposed to. Although ya_move_out_of_college has less options it works for me and my gameplay style. Although moving effortlessly between the Uni neighborhood and the mainhood (vice versa) would be nice, I have my old tried and true work around methods. I'm one of those people who likes change in some doses LOL! I have no doubt that you will get things working to your satisfaction as you desire.

Meanwhile ... I've got a pregnant teen whose boyfriend is a freshman at college. I'm about to have them get married and live on campus. This couple along with another graduating senior with aspirations of a political career will be the first residents of my college town. I'm creating a new college neighborhood where Sims will live, work, raise their children and grow old together.
just a girl
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 12:27 PM Last edited by Lamare : 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:49 PM.
Basically, this mod offers 3 options when moving out: to divide funds, to take more sims with you and sometimes to choose 'hood bin you end up in. The difference from ya_move_out_of_college is that that mod covers only 1 occasion (when graduate/drop-out ages up to adult), and this new mod covers 4 occasions (soon 5). I'm only trying to explain it because wording it helps to come up with a better description. I'll use it when I upload.

ETA. I have an idea how to make moving back to main 'hood for whole family and how to highlight important things in description. Thank you for pushing my brain.
Inventor
#17 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 1:53 AM
Thank you Lamare for this great mod. I using move out mod about 20 days and after that I noticed that young adults not age in main hood. I use only move out mod (without YA stay YA in main 'hood). Is this feature part of move out mod?

I have one more question about something other. I always be annoyed how grouchy sims react when other sims poke or shove them. It is not realistic for me to see when grouchy sims cry if they lose fight or someone attack them. It is normally for nice sims but for grouchy sims it is weird. Is there any chance of making a mod which could change that grouchy sims react differently from nice sims after they are attacked?
Thanks in advance

If I am not here, you can find me on dART-allison731 :)
just a girl
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 10:44 PM Last edited by Lamare : 30th Jan 2018 at 5:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by allison731
Thank you Lamare for this great mod. I using move out mod about 20 days and after that I noticed that young adults not age in main hood. I use only move out mod (without YA stay YA in main 'hood). Is this feature part of move out mod?

Last time I checked they aged. I'll check again. ETA: yes, young adults totally age in main 'hood, if you don't have mods to prevent it, and no, I haven't included it in move out mod by accident.

As for the other mod, I'll think about it.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:46 AM
Testing in progress with pregnant teen on college campus. So far everything is going well; she is aging appropriately and her pregnancy is advancing on schedule (I'm using Chris Hatch Alternate Pregnancy Controller). The only thing I notice is that the option to suspend pregnancy for her on the Sim Blender is not available for her on the college campus (it works for pregnant YA's on campus); and it works for teens on their home lots in the main neighborhood.
just a girl
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:41 PM
I'm guessing it's more about whether SimBlender recognizes Chris' controller or not. No?
Inventor
#21 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:50 PM
I had two sims who graduated but they had more 72 h until they must to leave the college. I moved them before and they come in main hood as young adults. I used blender to age them. Because of that I asked previous question. Anyway next time I will wait that new students grow up regulary and then I will move them. Again thank you Lamare for this mod, it is great addition for the game.

just a girl
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:07 PM
How did you move them in on their new lot in main 'hood, if I may ask? Did you place them from the bin?

Normally, to get young adults to properly age to adults you have to either wait or use phone option Call - Return to main 'hood. Anyway, it's good that you mentioned it. Now I know better what someone might expect and I'll adjust the mod to avoid this confusion.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:29 PM Last edited by LilSister : 2nd Feb 2018 at 6:22 PM. Reason: Update
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I'm guessing it's more about whether SimBlender recognizes Chris' controller or not. No?

False alarm; I was wrong ... all is working now .. it took a few Sim hours not sure why. Maybe because I used the Lot Cleaning before moving them in it took a while for all the controllers to reset .. I don't know but it all good now.

Update

I finished testing ... When teen moved to College campus with her boyfriend she had 7 days left in teen stage; she gave birth after 3 days on campus. She applied for scholarships and received $5,000 towards college and used the computer to move her to college. I have a lot I created that I use as the Admissions/Registrar's Office. It's where I send all incoming students to change those funky maxi clothes and register for their classes before sending them to either a dorm or private residence. I moved Layla in changed her clothes and chose her major and then moved her back into her home with her boyfriend and baby. When the time came she went to class as scheduled. I am very pleased with the teen aging mod, it's a keeper. Thank you so much.

Not sure if you can create a fix for this ... I found that adults that live in the Uni neighborhoods get the big man/woman on campus memory. My Sim's mother stayed with them for a few days and she received the memory Big Woman on Campus. I had another adult Sim that was living with YA receive the Big Man on Campus memory. I would be nice if only University students received the memory and not adults.
just a girl
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 8:29 PM Last edited by Lamare : 17th Feb 2018 at 7:30 PM.
But if they live on campus can't they be big too? =)
Ok, if I manage to find where and when that memory is added, I may be able to restrict it to adults.

Thanks for the update, Lilsister.

I came with an update too. It's a new version of YA-move-out-of-college (from YA maternity set). I will work on extended version for other moving out occasions, but I'd like to update this published mod too.

***Uploaded***
Inventor
#25 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
How did you move them in on their new lot in main 'hood, if I may ask? Did you place them from the bin?

Normally, to get young adults to properly age to adults you have to either wait or use phone option Call - Return to main 'hood. Anyway, it's good that you mentioned it. Now I know better what someone might expect and I'll adjust the mod to avoid this confusion.

Yes, they was in the bin when I returned in main neighborhood and then I move them in one apartment lot.
About new update of move out mod (I read it in the bottom of the comments), I like a new way with typing of the money amount.
About memory Big Woman-Man on Campus I already experienced it in my game because I have InTeen and I like that. I agree with your opinion what you wrote (But if they live on campus can't they be big too? =)
For me it is better if someone have many friends that become big man-woman in campus regardless on their age, why have age discrimination in this thing.

Phone call option to move back to primary neighborhood for adults or elders I already have, I think because of InTeen.
I know that these two mods conflict, I checked with HCDU. I used them anyway and for now I have not experienced any major problems. (I have move out Flex).

Page 1 of 2