Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 412 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 12:11 PM
Default Rose (Female, Adult, Chinese)
Hi, I'm in the middle of converting one of my Sims 3 Sims. She's meant to be Chinese, however as you can see, she was pretty rushed and came out looking like pudding. This time I'm making sure that her facial features look more genuine. I have looked at a lot of reference images online and need to know if she looks okay so far.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 3:42 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 22nd Jun 2020 at 4:10 PM. Reason: Spelling/grammar check and minor fixes to text.
Hiya my friend, she looks very nice like all your female sims, you know I love them, but i'd recommend you besides pulling a bit more her facial features, avoid the use of Lilith's skins, instead of it I'd suggest you as first choice LaExotique Asia skin by the way she worked the texture in some key areas like epicanthal folds, eye-bags and nose, also her policy for sharing, modification, etc. is really friendly, as second choice I'd suggest one of Ephemera Asian skins from our fellow Teru_k and finally Louis/Ren's light skintone helped with Teru_k's Asian eye Makeups, all of them here at MTS, you can find LaExotique skin bundled with the sim here: http://modthesims.info/d/253303/mei...tal-female.html Teru_k's and Ren/Louis' skins are easier to locate here at MTS, then I will not add links to that stuff, also they had very friendly policies.

A picture tells more than thousand words, here is a sim I did about 9 years ago for a gift, I used on her a modified version of LaExotique's Asia I did to fit Warlokk's Xhires Fashion model bodyshape and add some missing details like the adult ones and to fit Bloom's sexy feet:


Of course you still will have to work a bit on the facial features, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the task, a more western sim with LaExotique's Asia skin to show that the CC doesn't create the sim, only you can do it, using that CC and your mad skills.


I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotaerre
Hiya my friend, she looks very nice like all your female sims, you know I love them, but i'd recommend you besides pulling a bit more her facial features, avoid the use of Lilith's skins, instead of it I'd suggest you as first choice LaExotique Asia skin by the way she worked the texture in some key areas like epicanthal folds, eye-bags and nose, also her policy for sharing, modification, etc. is really friendly, as second choice I'd suggest one of Ephemera Asian skins from our fellow Teru_k and finally Louis/Ren's light skintone helped with Teru_k's Asian eye Makeups, all of them here at MTS, you can find LaExotique skin bundled with the sim here: http://modthesims.info/d/253303/mei...tal-female.html Teru_k's and Ren/Louis' skins are easier to locate here at MTS, then I will not add links to that stuff, also they had very friendly policies.

A picture tells more than thousand words, here is a sim I did about 9 years ago for a gift, I used on her a modified version of LaExotique's Asia I did to fit Warlokk's Xhires Fashion model bodyshape and add some missing details like the adult ones and to fit Bloom's sexy feet:


Of course you still will have to work a bit on the facial features, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the task, a more western sim with LaExotique's Asia skin to show that the CC doesn't create the sim, only you can do it, using that CC and your mad skills.



Thanks. I tried out the skins that you suggested, but wasn't keen on how shiny they were.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 2:04 AM
Hi my friend, if LaExotique's and Ephemera's skins looks too shiny for you, may try with Ren/Louis light skin, not as shiny as Ephemera skins, sadly they were pulled from here, then the only choice to get them I know are the ones Joyce Wilson modified for ISA, the ones compatible with Maxis shape are here: http://www.insimadult.org/index.php/topic,29181.0.html but still will require some ephemera eye makeups to highlight her Asian facial features, grab them here: https://modthesims.info/d/236565/ey...e-skintone.html they were done for the ephemera skins, but works perfect with Ren/Louis light skin.

Megumi and Hikki my very first uploads to a sims site (about 12-13 years ago) and perhaps my most cherished sims ever, were done with that combo, (in Fitchick version) you already know Hikki from the Sims 2 picture's thread and here is a more or less recent pic of Megumi, the ones at ISA are really old, (If they still exist) hope it gives you an idea about how Louis skins look in an Asian sim.

Megumi

I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 7:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotaerre
Hi my friend, if LaExotique's and Ephemera's skins looks too shiny for you, may try with Ren/Louis light skin, not as shiny as Ephemera skins, sadly they were pulled from here, then the only choice to get them I know are the ones Joyce Wilson modified for ISA, the ones compatible with Maxis shape are here: http://www.insimadult.org/index.php/topic,29181.0.html but still will require some ephemera eye makeups to highlight her Asian facial features, grab them here: https://modthesims.info/d/236565/ey...e-skintone.html they were done for the ephemera skins, but works perfect with Ren/Louis light skin.

Megumi and Hikki my very first uploads to a sims site (about 12-13 years ago) and perhaps my most cherished sims ever, were done with that combo, (in Fitchick version) you already know Hikki from the Sims 2 picture's thread and here is a more or less recent pic of Megumi, the ones at ISA are really old, (If they still exist) hope it gives you an idea about how Louis skins look in an Asian sim.

Megumi


Thanks for the suggestion, however I try to avoid using CC from sites where you have to register. I did, however, download and try out the facial features made by teru_k.



For me, personally, they seemed a bit off.



These are some eyeshadows by Lilith. I think they work pretty well.
(Both screenshots use a Lilith Marigold skintone, since I'd like her to be in the same style as my other Sims.)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 6:15 PM
I just tried to be helpful, because I wasn't never worried about a style because my "style" was basically variety & diversity (varied shapes and diverse faces & ethnicity) I didn't take on account your wish of keeping a style, my apologies, anyways I know you'll get a beautiful sim, as all the yours are, cheers my friend.

I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 6:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotaerre
I just tried to be helpful, because I wasn't never worried about a style because my "style" was basically variety & diversity (varied shapes and diverse faces & ethnicity) I didn't take on account your wish of keeping a style, my apologies, anyways I know you'll get a beautiful sim, as all the yours are, cheers my friend.


That's fine. I appreciate the help. And at the moment I think she fits in with my other 'Polaroid' Sims quite well.
Back to top