Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Translator

by voky Posted 2nd Jul 2020 at 11:43 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2020 at 2:52 AM by voky

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 1:47 PM
As a former translator and willing-to-translate avid mod user, I think I'll give it a try! It looks good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 4:15 PM
Is there also an option to import old XML files created with Deaderpool's STBL editor? So you can use old translations?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrH0u5e
Is there also an option to import old XML files created with Deaderpool's STBL editor? So you can use old translations?

yes, i will do it soon
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by voky
yes, i will do it soon

Great! Well, I'll be damned. Thanks for your work!!! This will make things easier and hopefully unify them.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 6:43 PM
I've tried it and whether you can add the choice of simplified Chinese. 01 is simplified Chinese. CHS_ CN
It's really convenient. Thank you for making it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miaow-CC
I've tried it and whether you can add the choice of simplified Chinese. 01 is simplified Chinese. CHS_ CN
It's really convenient. Thank you for making it

done.. i'm sorry i didn't add it right away.. my version of the game doesn't have this language..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 1:42 AM
OMG thank you so much for this!!! I play the game in Simplified Chinese but the mods I use rarely have this language translation.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 2:29 PM
done.. i'm sorry i didn't add it right away.. my version of the game doesn't have this language..

Thank you for adding it so quickly
and then there are some small problems with the UI
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 6:47 PM
Thank you so much for this!! I was suffering with Google translator on my Mods !!
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 9:55 AM
Hi, I'm sending feedback again.
1. The package and XML of simplified Chinese cannot be loaded directly
2. I need to translate in multiple languages, it is invalid to switch the language settings in the process. but at present, I can reopen this tool to solve the problem.
3. If possible, I hope to have an editing or saving option for multilingual translations

I seem to talk a little too much,hope you will not feel unhappy. I just think this tool is really good, easy and has potential.
I made a Chinese tutorial for this tool. I hope it will be convenient for more people
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 11:12 PM
Avast ругается на троян в программе
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy

а вот это для меню сюрприз ( в самой программе разумеется никаких троянов нет.. написана она на python и qt, и собрана в exe с помощью pyinstaller.. да, там есть функционал подключения к удаленным ресурсам, поскольку есть возможность перевода с помощью yandex.translator (в альфе скрытая функция, но если в config.ini указать ключ, то она появится).. может из-за этого и ругается аваст..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 2:52 PM
Hi, I'm sending feedback again.
1. The package and XML of simplified Chinese cannot be loaded directly
2. I need to translate in multiple languages, it is invalid to switch the language settings in the process. but at present, I can reopen this tool to solve the problem.
3. If possible, I hope to have an editing or saving option for multilingual translations

1. can you put a package or XML that doesn't load somewhere?

if there is a multilanguage translation, it will not be soon ( but I will consider your request, and may be able to come up with a way to do it quickly and easily
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 5:39 PM
There is no problem in importing and saving, but it can't be loaded directly.It's not recognized

in the options, you need to select simplified Chinese (CHS_CN).. I have your package loaded successfully..
Screenshots
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 8:07 PM
in the options, you need to select simplified Chinese (CHS_CN).. I have your package loaded successfully..

Well, I may have forgotten to change it. I just tried it. It's OK
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy

For me Avast also does not allow opening the program
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rosalegal2005
For me Avast also does not allow opening the program

The program has infected by a virus therefore
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 2:14 PM
A program to translate ourselves? great...
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 9:27 PM
I don't know why, but when I do the translation from English to German, the group is not set correctly.

For WickedWhims (I am the German translator) the German translation is in group 0x80000000 but your tool always stores the translation in group 0x00000000. This ensures that the translation is not taken.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrH0u5e
I don't know why, but when I do the translation from English to German, the group is not set correctly.

For WickedWhims (I am the German translator) the German translation is in group 0x80000000 but your tool always stores the translation in group 0x00000000. This ensures that the translation is not taken.

in wickedwhims, all stbl records have a group of 0x00000000.. why there should be something else - I don't know..
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 11:44 AM
in wickedwhims, all stbl records have a group of 0x00000000.. why there should be something else - I don't know..

I'll ask Turbodriver and let you know.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 12:02 PM

After a particular patch, a lot of modders moved from 0x80000000 to 0x00000000 when that patch of the game broke all translation files from appearing in the game and the only solution was to change the group id. Anybody who didn't react had the text missing for a while and it got fixed later after another patch which reverted that change. From that point on, I'm using the zero group.

Here's a post about it happening: https://simsvip.com/2019/04/18/the-...ril-16th-patch/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 3:41 PM Last edited by dnrosenrot : 22nd Jul 2020 at 3:42 PM. Reason: Typo
This is one of the most useful thing I ever saw if not the most. I translated a bunch of mods already and it works perfectly for me. This is specially useful for bigger mods, like BS, WW and SCCO (which I translate for personal use). No issues whatsoever. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:52 AM
This is absolutely awesome! The addition of Google Translate speeds up things so much too: it does all the hard work and I just have to tweak things a little to fit the game translation. Thank you! :D
Page 1 of 5