Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 9:29 PM
Starship UI (Sims 2 Dark Mode) - PUBLIC BETA by simstate // redandvidya
Heya! Not sure if this is the right forum to place this, but I just wanted a MTS thread on my new Dark Mode UI mod for Sims 2! I started developing this mod around early October 2020, and have been polishing everything since. I made it because I played a lot of TS2 at night, and the UI constantly hurt my eyes! So I made this mod for all you nocturnal simmers out there, and even just for people who want something a bit more eye-friendly. no? I'm very happy with how it looks and the design of it.

The mod is based on greatcheesecakepersona's Clean UI and with his help I have been turning the UI dark and adding my own little design tweaks based on personal use and feedback from other simmers, here and there :b Here's how it looks! With the lovely Goth family modelling it all <3

If you wanna see more, check out my tumblr post with images here!

List of features that the mod has:
  • “Bubble” design for the UI, based on feedback
  • Easier on the eyes, especially at night
  • White text for maximum readability
  • 6 new loading screens (coming soon)
  • Dark cursors (coming soon)

The installation process for this mod, I made purposefully very easy for anyone to install :b
  1. There are multiple packages in the download zip file.
  2. Each package is catered to a specific resolution (1600x900, 1920x1080)
  3. Pick the package that best suits your monitor resolution.
  4. Place it in your downloads folder.
  5. Place any extras (cursors, loading screens) in your games folder!

DOWNLOAD: To download the mod, visit this tumblr download post I made (drop a like while you're there!) and click on SFS, to get the mod downloaded!

I'm looking to use the playerbase of MTS and some of the knowledge of experienced creators here to help me fix some bugs in the mod. I really hope you guys can help me, and I hope you guys enjoy playing and using the mod! :D
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 9:29 PM
BUG REPORT FORM: Once you get the mod in your game, if you see any bugs please use this form to keep it all organized!

Pick the one that best suits your situation.

Bug Category: Text Color Mismatch // Remnants of Original UI // Visual Glitch // Crashing

Bug Description: Describe the bug and what were the circumstances leading to it.

Please attach images! They are always helpful in figuring out what went wrong.

Thanks for helping!
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 2:46 AM
BUG REPORT:

Bug Category:Remnants of Original UI, Visual Glitch

Bug Description: Clean UI Pause/Live/Fast Forward buttons and background.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 2:47 AM
BUG REPORT:

Bug Category: Text Color Mismatch

Bug Description: Blue color text in the "Choose your neighbourhood" text
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:18 AM
BUG REPORT:

Bug Category:Remnants of Original UI, Visual Glitch

Bug Description: Clean UI Pause/Live/Fast Forward buttons and background.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:19 AM
BUG REPORT:

Bug Category: Text Colour Mismatch

Bug Description: Blue colour text in the "Choose your neighbourhood" text
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 3:20 AM
BUG REPORT:

Bug Category: Visual Glitch

Bug Description: Meter goes blank at platinum, fine at others
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 4:46 AM
Default Bug Report:
Bug Category: Remnants of Original UI, Text Color Mismatch

Bug Description: remnants of clean ui and blue text when clicking the neighborhood button without saving
Screenshots
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 4:51 AM
Default Bug Report:
Bug Category: Remnants of Original UI

Bug Description: original cursor when rotating both in live mode and neighborhood view
Attached Images

Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:13 AM
Default Bug Report:
Bug Category: Text Color Mismatch

Bug Description: blue text in screens like: change appeareance, plan outfit and buy clothes.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 5:18 AM
Default Bug Report:
Bug Category: Remnants of Original UI, Text Color Mismatch

Bug Description: remnants of clean ui and blue text when forcing error
Screenshots
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 7:08 PM
BUG REPORT

Pick the one that best suits your situation.

Bug Category: Text Color Mismatch, Visual Glitch

Bug Description: Hobbie UI error, empty space.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:35 PM
Hey all! Going through this thread to help with most of the bugs

1. Leftover Clean UI: I'm 99% sure that this is a mod in your games, specifically the "Cleaner UI lines" mod. Take it out and it should hopefully be fixed!

2. Text color mismatch: Yes, most of these are unintended sadly ;-; Except the options and chance cards, those are """intended""" but only because I couldn't find out a way to make them white, so I had to settle for coloring the background gray so that it's at least readable and usable. If any other modders know how to fix these text color mismatches, let me know! I've only done so much haha.

3. Platinum bar & Neighborhood cursor: These are the ones that I genuinely forgot to do, apologies for that. Trying to find what image is the platinum bar, going to whiten it probably so that it makes sense. Same for the neighborhood cursor, just gotta find the file that relates to it.

The alternative would be to find these images and add a small gray backdrop behind the text to make it readable, but it's more of a hack around the limitations of the uiscript files that I've been given moreso than actually fixing the bug :b
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:44 PM
The Delete Button is doing this...

I don't have clean lines I took it out before installing Starship UI
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:13 AM
That is the weirdest bug I've ever seen, I haven't had that so far. Maybe try the 1024x768, resolution, could be a CAS bug
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 2:52 AM
Bug Report:

Bug Description: I don't know how to explain this but part of my CAS is cut off the screen. I'm using the package for 1600x900, My display is 1600x900, I am not playing windowed and my game's setting is on 1600x900. Also something weird is happening to one of the hair colours.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 3:58 AM
Bug Report:

Bug Description: Tooltip backgrounds are not changed. In the clean ui version, they are changed by a package that is placed in the base game UI folder.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Niiice-Pants
Bug Report:

Bug Description: Tooltip backgrounds are not changed. In the clean ui version, they are changed by a package that is placed in the base game UI folder.

CanonCity! Naisu :33 (Fun fact, I'm good friends with the creator of that hood and we released acollaborative neighborhood together LOL)

Anyways, this is not really intended ish, I'm trying to figure out a way to make tooltips have white text so I can darikfy them- in the meantime, it's not a bug that is too bad tbh, and I'm pretty sure the original Clean UI tooltip fix will work with Starship UI ^-^ Hopefully this will be fixed in the final release.

As for the 1600x900 bug, I apologize! I don't have a 1600x900 monitor so I can't test it, but I think picking either the 1024x768 package OR the 1280x720 package should be a temporary fix. I will try to figure out what is causing this to clip ^-^
Field Researcher
#19 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
That is the weirdest bug I've ever seen, I haven't had that so far. Maybe try the 1024x768, resolution, could be a CAS bug

The stretched button can happen if you have improper values in the button offsets in the UI script, had that happen to me a few times while working on the Body Shop UI.
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:29 PM
Bug Category: Remnants of Original UI // Visual Glitch

Bug Description: Background image on the neighbourhood selecction screen is off in the corner. I switched from the 1920 resolution to the 1600 one in an attempt to fix, which didn't work. The text for "select a neighbourhood" is blue on the 1600 resolution.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k-athleen
Bug Category: Remnants of Original UI // Visual Glitch

Bug Description: Background image on the neighbourhood selecction screen is off in the corner. I switched from the 1920 resolution to the 1600 one in an attempt to fix, which didn't work. The text for "select a neighbourhood" is blue on the 1600 resolution.

This is a bug with Clean UI too, but you have to pick a loading screen for the image to be stretched to the proper size, as far as I know. You can pick either the rural or geometrical loading screen. This should have been fixed as the "no menu sims" package is already integrated into Starship, but apparently not
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
The stretched button can happen if you have improper values in the button offsets in the UI script, had that happen to me a few times while working on the Body Shop UI.

The odd thing is, I didn't change the original UI script :b I asked GCKP about this bug and he said that he's had some people report it to it in Clean UI, however they are only a tiny minority. Could this be a mod conflict?
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 12:49 AM Last edited by Ta3hah : 28th Mar 2021 at 11:53 PM. Reason: I realised that the game options were intended, removed the picture and it's description. I also corrected a spelling error.
Bug Report:

Bug Description: Text box for marrying a sim into family has the maxis background // Lifetime Aspiration Panel for Kids hasn't had the blue changed, don't know if this was intended // Icon when hovering over a Lifetime Aspiration Benefit is blue, it's the same for Wants // Job Performance hasn't changed, unless it was intended to be like that // On Audio Options clicking a station makes the text inside the station hard to read

Sorry for reporting in bulk.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 4:04 AM
Bug Report:

Bug Description: The icons for a pet's behaviour is blue,
Screenshots
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 4:24 PM
Bug Report:

Bug Description: I took out Starship UI and put back Clean UI and there are many different messed up areas that are remnants from Starship UI.
Screenshots
Attached Images

Page 1 of 3