Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:12 PM Last edited by FluffGator : 21st Mar 2021 at 2:14 AM.
Default Werewolves! [3/20/21 : retopology complete!]
Do You Awooo?
I recently have gotten back into the Sims 4 and was making some of the characters from slice-of-life stories I write with my girlfriend, and came to the conclusion that I really miss having werewolves in my game. Like proper werewolves, you know? Big, covered in fur, prone to long moonlit hunts across the countryside? I did a good bit of searching online to see if anyone has already catered to this lupine need, and was disappointed to find the answer to be a resounding.. not really. So I decided to download S4Studio, rip some base meshes for scale reference, fire-up Blender, and start working on my very first Custom Content creation: bringing Werewolves to the Sims 4 community.

About Me
I'm a freelance digital artist with a special interest in Blender and 3D animation. I'm also a game developer, dog walker, slice-of-life writer, and appreciator of the anthropomorphic arts.. also probably a wizard. And since this iteration of the franchise finally makes it easy for me to make 3D content using my preferred program, I felt it could be both fun and a learning experience at the same time.

Project Goals
During my research, I came across Let's Plays of Nyx's Werewolf Mod and the gameplay introduced was really fun even if it's not updated to the current patch version. I want to make different sets of Werewolf CAS parts that will ideally be compatible with that mod, but also able to stand on their own as purely cosmetic clothing items. I don't own the Vampires GP yet, but from my understanding it seems that equipping my Werewolf items for the dark/true form of a Vampire could be a possibility too.
Here is a breakdown of the over-arching goals of the project:
  • Clothing! For purely aesthetic purposes
  • CAS Presets! To be customizable using sliders
  • Fuzzy Vampires! To be used with the Vampires GP
  • Mod Support! To be used with Nyx's Werewolf Mod

Conclusion
If this CC is well-received and there's enough interest, I'll definitely add more variants and support for life stages, but until then.. I'm looking forward to sharing updates and screenshots, as well as getting feedback from the MTS community.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 10:29 PM Last edited by FluffGator : 20th Mar 2021 at 10:50 PM.
First update! Here's shots of the head to tide you over while I save out more pics of the rest of the model. The ears are separate to allow for more customization, and the head is bald to allow for CAS hairs.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:06 AM
Grippy Grabbies! Here's the sculpt for the hands, with long claws. I'm making the hands larger and longer than what fits the basemesh for added creep factor. Complete with squishy pads on the palms.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:17 AM
Beans! Despite being a furry, I opted for plantigrade feet for this first version both for easier testing/rigging reasons and.. because that is what matches my werewolf characters. I took a lot of reference from raccoons, since that is likely the closest I can get to a melding of canine and primate footprint. Be assured, I'm planning on making a digitigrade version too.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:20 AM
Reticulating Splines! Just a soft, fluffy tail~ Curious to see if I'll be able to render wagging animations or movement in general. Regardless, I'll make a few other lengths/styles later on too.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:13 AM
Retopology Complete! Just finished all the pieces, so here is a breakdown of their LOD0 polycounts in triangles:
  • Head: 3168
  • Ears: 816
  • Teeth: 1504
  • Arms: 3168
  • Feet: 1682
  • Claws (Hands): 648
  • Claws (Feet): 948
  • Tail: 596
That comes to a TOTAL of 12530! I'll poke at the claws more to get their counts lower. I'm also not counting the eyes or tongue that I reused from the sim basemesh, but right now it's onto the next step of rigging and testing.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 7:09 PM
Remade my account just so I could comment- I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm starved for werewolves in sims, I hope this goes well!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyhenry
Remade my account just so I could comment- I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm starved for werewolves in sims, I hope this goes well!

Aaaa thank-you so much!! I'm really excited to start the process of getting the parts into the game. Preliminary testing has produced some results, albeit not animating at all, but that is probably an easy fix. I haven't worked on textures at all yet either, so looks somewhat horrifying right now.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 9:45 PM
UV Unwrapping! I found a super awesome template that I'm using to unwrap the CAS parts: https://sims4studio.com/thread/62/f...&scrollTo=58687 ! Also trying a few different ways to get the facial animation weights to transfer. Is there a setting in the 'CAS Part' data in Sims 4 Studio's Warehouse tab that I need to change in order to allow for facial animations?
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:06 AM
SUCCESS!!! The weight paints are an absolute mess, but the mouth and eyes move! Plus the face morphs are working to allow for some pretty unique snouts! I'm so happyyyyyy~
Screenshots
Theorist
#11 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 11:31 PM
Yay! That's definitely good idea. Werewolfs miss was one of reasons why I left Sims 4. I've tried to make werewolf too, but probably I won't share my results cause this is your topic.
I had huge problems with legs cause nobody had legs well enough. Pyxis had nice legs in satyr set but they were having calfs. I found a great body tho. It's in minotaur set made by Untraditionalnerd. Also I was happy to see my werewolf had suit his piercing! I have one skin for adult body now, werewolf eyes ready and face mask that covers most head.
Currently I don't see your werewolf as I like them. That looks more like furry. Werewolf has a huge piles of fur everywhere, his body I see should be massive, back is not straight as human and many many other things he is having from wolf. But sure this is really good start.
I wish to see werewolf more.... hmmm... fierce, wild and maybe even... hmmm... sexy. At least as it possible. Something like this: https://euppublishingblog.com/2019/...ies-werewolves/
At least this is how I see it. Something close to those picture. Yep. I am glad to see you decided to create werewolf. I wish you best of luck and mood in your creative process.
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 11:09 AM
Yay! I really miss having Werewolves in Sims 4; I'd love it if the werewolves were able to have a level (like Omega, Beta, Luna and Alpha etc) and the attractiveness of mates. The Sims 3 werewolves had so much potential yet they didn't bother or haven't bothered to include them in Sims 4.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 9:25 PM
@Victor_tor :
I would love to have more monstrous bodies too, but my goal here is to allow for the in-game clothing/accessories and the animations to still work more-or-less. The hands will probably clip through objects, but we'll see what I can do. Right now I'm trying to get the weight-paints on the face to work in the Detail Mode. Cool thing is that the head will use a Sims' facial features to adjust its own shapes accordingly, and vice-versa! I should take some GIFs to demonstrate the progress of the project so far..

@SimmerGirl2021 :
Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer outside of my pretty basic ability writing in C# and HTML/CSS, so I can't really add that kind of thing to my meshes. What I can do is set them up to be compatible with the Vampires GP so that when the Thirst goes down or they go into their alternative form, they're a Werewolf! That is my current like.. stretch goal with this. I'd also love to reach out to the creator of this mod, if they would be interested in implementing my meshes with their mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGT5fYJY810 . As far as I know though, Nyx hasn't updated their mods to recent versions?
Theorist
#14 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 7:57 PM
Nyx gave up with creating with best regards and letting update or use any parts of his creations to other simmers. He said that won't remake his mods for next game updates any more.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th May 2021 at 9:35 PM
Just thought I'd pop in again for some encouragement, I'd still love to see how this turns out. I've been busy with school but I'm still craving werewolves so I check back every now and again
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th May 2021 at 7:39 PM
Hey, these are looking so great! I find the lack of werewolves or a more realistic style of furry mod upsetting, so I am really happy to see someone working on such a thing. And as a fellow werewolf lover, I cannot wait to have these in my game!
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st May 2021 at 3:19 PM
After a long time wrestling with Mod Constructor trying to get some semblance of werewolves going, it's good to see others are also fighting the good fight. It's pretty frustrating that the occult isn't native given all the resources are already present in the game (outside of actual CAS parts, but Sims has never had anything good anyhoo...) I hope this picks up enough steam that someone with Sims4Studio exp could make it an additional life state to match up with your parts, because it's sorely needed.
Theorist
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 8:10 PM
Hello! May I have a suggestion. That was bother me since I have seen you sneek peak with repotology.
That was the issue when I was made my werewolf and the reason I was abandon him. And this reason is legs. Could you make your werewolf feet bending like in screeenshot attached? Is there possible to make it look like this? You was made werewolf palms great. I am very excited about how it would turn.
Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 10:26 PM
I have been making werewolves in the sims with various cc parts put together. Blender is WAAAAAYYYYY too overwhelming for me, and I typically prefer maxis match cc. SOmething that's been bumming me out is I still haven't found any tails I like? Nyx's are awesome but his are part of a feet/tail/eyes/ears mesh and it's all together. I wish I knew enough about blender to delete all of it but the tail. I wasn't going to post it or anything just use it for my own game. Anyway when and if you do release what you're working on I shape the tail is a separate thing because I've been looking all over the internet for one I like and yours looks super cool. I also am impressed by the rest of your models so anyway I just wanted to put that out there. awesome work dude I'm very impressed and debating whether or not me taking an animation class for a hobby is worth it... XD
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:37 AM
Never really posted anything on here before but I am excited on how this would turn out. From what I seen so far this looks amazing! Keep up the good work!
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 4:23 PM
But here's a idea maybe you can ask Savestate Comic or another creator here called Leljas on how they do their rigging for the sims 4 furry mod, if you're not already doing that it should help.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 6:30 PM
Please, keep on the hard work, you're great at this! I would love to see your mod here, we're in need of werewolves since Nyx gave up on her mod and EA doesn't seem to listen to us!
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 9:13 PM
i really hope that you are still working on this. i have been DYING for werewolves in sims 4. i sometimes go back and play sims 3 JUST for the werewolves there.
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 9:30 PM
So... Slightly shameful question...

will this be compatible with wicked whims?
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 6:02 AM
is this still being worked on? i love werewolves but haven't seen any mods for it since nyx deleted their mod

everyone's mad some people are just better at showing it- discord from daughter of discord
Page 1 of 2