Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 3:28 PM Last edited by emmyjulia : 24th Nov 2021 at 4:34 PM.
Default SOLVED! Texture overlay/shine (?)
Hello all!
I stumbled over a weird problem when converting doors from Ts4 to Ts2 I never had before.
As you can see on the picture the door to the right have some weird shiny overlay/texture over it. And I'm not sure how to fix it. The door to the left didn't have this problem by comparison.

And please ignore the wall-masks, haven't fixed that one yet.

Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 4:18 PM
The material issues are probably in the TXMT, especially if you're looking at the item in outside lighting (it intensifies the shine and other TXMT settings quite a bit). Inside lights have a different effect with much less shine.

There's a guide to the TXMT here, but it can feel a bit overwhelming at first: https://modthesims.info/t/316260

I often copy settings from items with settings that look alright ingame (but keep a copy of the original file, or screenshot of the settings so you can reset them if they dont work out, as it's easy to get stuff wrong when you're messing around with them). Some have color overlays and things like that, which may or may not look good on your object.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The material issues are probably in the TXMT, especially if you're looking at the item in outside lighting (it intensifies the shine and other TXMT settings quite a bit). Inside lights have a different effect with much less shine.

There's a guide to the TXMT here, but it can feel a bit overwhelming at first: https://modthesims.info/t/316260

I often copy settings from items with settings that look alright ingame (but keep a copy of the original file, or screenshot of the settings so you can reset them if they dont work out, as it's easy to get stuff wrong when you're messing around with them). Some have color overlays and things like that, which may or may not look good on your object.

Thank you simmer22!
It seemed to be an reflectivity issue since the reflectivity was set to 0 in the TXMT settings when I compared the file to some other objects, changed it and it worked!
Screenshots