Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 911 times.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 30th Mar 2022 at 9:36 PM.
Default I need your help! Service Area, custom neighborhood to load
Hello! How are you?

I'm almost done with Service Area, but I'm kind of bad with the order of memories, and besides, since the neighborhood is big, I may have forgotten some things... If you could try the neighborhood you would help me a lot! Any comment can be of great help. I also wanted you to see it and it makes me very happy to publish this version ^^

If you see anything that you think is wrong, don't hesitate to comment or send me a private message, there won't be any problem ^^

*Free will is disabled, I will enable it in the final version.

*The descriptions of each family are in Spanish but they are in English in the neighborhood album. (I have to copy that, but maybe when correct some texts)

*This cc hairstyle is optional, but it's a maxis match hair and it's the bunny ears worn by Grubana Dordebic. https://modthesims.info/d/504266/the-hippity-hat.html

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9hhp...(TEST).rar/file

Service Area is a step to the highway of the region.

In the past, the power plant was used for some houses to be built, thus giving a home to the workers, and over time, Service Area was considered a true town.

Although it is later than Jeans Shaker Oasis, the neighboring city, Service Area still preserves some houses that are reminiscent of the origins of the city.

But that's not what usually draws sims to visit this remote town!

Legends about ufo sightings and strange disappearances attract all kinds of curious sims who seek to find some truth in their lives...

Such was the fervor caused by the stories about flying saucers, that a television studio was built! Numerous tv shows and movies based on these phenomena were shot there.

For some time now, some sims have meetings in the hills and photograph the stars at night, however, this is beginning to irritate the military... Because the city also has a military base.

After the death of the previous mayors, massive urbanization, and General Xi Huan's takeover of the government...

Service Area is in debt and in shock.

The continuous series of deaths, disappearances and strange events, have many inhabitants in a state of constant tension.

Recently, there was a case that became especially well known:

Tyler, the Poverty's eldest son, disappeared for days and apparently died afterwards...

Some neighbors say that hanging around the streets, sometimes, you can see a boy identical to him...

Others say it's just hearsay...

With a city on the verge of collapse and adults who refuse to give up their power...

Will the new generation be able to get ahead?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 12:38 AM
I have computer anxiety via pink soup so I wouldn't be of much help unfortunately---lol XD I did load it though and I can honestly say it's got me excited and desperate to link it to JSO! I peeked in two houses and SimPE and from what I could see: Bumblebee's last name may be misspelled. It's saying "Sunraise" but I'm guessing you meant "Sunrise"? (I really like his name by the way! <3) I also saw the papergirl named Mail Carter. Did you mean Mail Carrier?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 30th Mar 2022 at 11:04 PM.
Hi @cookietheinnocent, thanks for commenting! Don't worry, as I said, any comment can help me. With JSO, the comments and photos that everyone left me inspired me to finish it. Sometimes the simplest things are of great help or inspiration.

Anyway, I've been playing these days and I've already seen some big oversights (I'm glad this is just a test). For example, General Xi's memories are totally messed up. I've also seen that the Rose Bride Club doesn't work well if you don't play as the owner (maybe I should warn about that). I also saw that Madame Zirconia's first husband has his biography instead of his name (I must have got SimPE wrong). Another thing I saw is that Shadow Gorski has dreadlocks when she wears pajamas, I have to fix his hair... I also forgot to make Ismene and Huskie pregnant.

Anyway, I'll keep playing and writing all the oversights, if you see any don't hesitate to tell me, if you want you can send me a private message.

About the pink soup... The truth is that I was quite scared because I kept having it in the Service Area. I then deleted all my 3-4t2 conversions and everything worked perfectly. So I guess I hit the cc limit XD.

That calmed me down, I saw that it can be played, it's just that each computer has a different limit.

As for the names, they are somewhat random and some are intended to be a joke or something invented and poorly written, but it is also true that I do not speak English and I may be wrong about some things, I will take into account what you say and such maybe change some. Like for example Bumblebee Sunrise. Although I like Mail Carter as it is!! In Spanish letter is "carta", so: CARTA=CARTER haha Although now that I think about it, I like the last name you give him, I think it doesn't look like any other sim and it's probably a play on words.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 6:16 PM
This neighborhood looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out. ^^

I'll download and play in the neighborhood later tonight. If I find any issues, I'll let you know as soon as possible.
But overall, it looks promising, great work!

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 11:08 PM
Thank you very much @Jawusa I am very excited that you try it!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th May 2022 at 3:55 AM
Hi Sokisims!
I've played a bit of your other neighborhood, so I've downloaded this one as well to have a look.
Everything looks good! The story is very juicy and I love your sim and lot styles. The only weird thing I've encountered is Madames Zirconia's late husband name, it looks like it should be his description.
Aside from that, I'm very curious about what hapenned to the boy and who are the children of the corn. Looking foward to the official release of this neighborhood!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 1:14 AM
Thanks for your comment bia123nca! I have been fixing JSO and Service Area for a few weeks, I have been quite focused on reducing the vegetation and retouching quite a few houses. (All to avoid the pink soup and make the neighborhoods look prettier). I'm so glad you're interested in the story and what happened to Tyler ^^

In the future I would like to upload the finished and empty version of JSO, all to see if someone can tell me if the neighborhood is completely clean and I can start to recreate it by creating the sims and everything else. I would also appreciate if someone can tell me if Service Area is also fully clean and working fine.