Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2022 at 10:17 PM
Default Occult voice tuning
Hey, I'm kinda sick of the echo-y alien voice, but I can't seem to find any tuning files that determine what voice which occult should use. I know there's a LocomotionConfig file that determines the different walkstyles for different occults, but I can't see an analogue for voices, or any XML files for occult traits that have the voices baked in. Does anyone know anything about this topic? Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 1st May 2022 at 8:02 AM Last edited by Battery : 1st May 2022 at 8:25 AM.
I tried to accomplish that a while back. While it looks reasonable simple at first glance, it seems to be imposible(or rather very difficult) to accomplish this without a core mod. Since reroutig the mSimModifier delegate unfortunately did not work and crash the game as soon as a sim starts talking (probably because the method that would be linked would have to have another com guid).

E: on to positive side if youre fine with a core mod its extremely simple to implement
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2022 at 1:54 AM
Core mod sounds like a much scarier and more involved affair than just swapping some variables in an xml file. Thanks for the heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 11:48 AM Last edited by whiteman-Dara : 15th Aug 2022 at 2:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Hey, I'm kinda sick of the echo-y alien voice, but I can't seem to find any tuning files that determine what voice which occult should use. I know there's a LocomotionConfig file that determines the different walkstyles for different occults, but I can't see an analogue for voices, or any XML files for occult traits that have the voices baked in. Does anyone know anything about this topic? Cheers

Take a look at Gameplay/Actors/Sim/AudioEventModifier the method. When I added voice to mummies and simbots in CAS I changed this method.