Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
was the game rigged from the start?
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:28 AM Last edited by HYDRO1st : 28th Jun 2022 at 6:14 PM.
Localization of CC-Worlds
Hi there!
I create my own world — Hawessinmoor. I live in country that native language isn't English or similar to it, so I want to add localization of my world. You will download only ONE .sims3pack file — and here you go! If you change your in-game language via s3lc, you'd play the same world at another language.

Need a big help of code and .packages files pros.
I'm trying to make a localization for my own world. have found few files that mentioned a localization or strings of languages.

Also, I found this thread on MTS. It can't help me, but there's some things that I noticed below.

I discovered all the .world files that I have. So, we have something interesting things.
In installed world using game launcher we have an .xml file. And there's a string of localization! Wow, that was easy, wasn't it?

But now I'll disappoint you. This, unfortunately, doesn't work! Localization isn't displayed. I'll say to you more things, world is disappearing from the game. But also in this file you can add only localized name and description of the world. You can't add localization of addresses, of sims, of lot's names. And the main thing... this file doesn't appear at the .world file at CAW, and it isn't exporting if you put it in manually.

So, in _KEY «texturedatabase» file at S3PE in CAW version we have a pointed strings files! For all the languages. But what a sad thing — you don't have these files at s3pe! I tried to search this files by name, by instance, no STBL tag files. There wasn't anything.

By the way, I've found a program recently for .packages mods localization. I tried to open .world (it's the same like a .package file) using this program and have seen that there weren't any STBL files. Program suggested to create me them. So, they're all will be blank one.
A good points for researching EA's secrets, isn't it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 2:09 PM
I tried to find the lines which responsible for the text data of world by opening the .world file through s3pe. I found only the code names of objects there, nothing about their name or description, they are simply classified by the code name. Then I decided to check how EA world are localized and found this. I dug into The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\DeltaPackages\po4 folder by opening through STBL and found a description of Twinbrook there. Therefore, the translation exists separately from the world file. In addition, they are scattered in each of the p20 DeltaBuild folders. But I don't know how it works with custom worlds, since the EA world is part of the game, installed with an add-on, and the custom world is like additional material so its text data should be cache or like something (I think). If STBL manager is the only program that can make a translation and generate it so that it is understandable to the game language, then you need to find these files anyway. And any files responsible for the cache that I opened, whether it be WorldCaches or DCCache, do not show any translation data. STBL manager just shows empty space.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2023 at 3:21 AM
Hello, how are your progress?
I'd like to translate and localize the whole game (TS3) including all the DLCs, I also have some problems finding the files I need. Is this even possible? X)
was the game rigged from the start?
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2023 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wunderbruh
Hello, how are your progress?
I'd like to translate and localize the whole game (TS3) including all the DLCs, I also have some problems finding the files I need. Is this even possible? X)

Hi there!
I think that I'm a person who can't create multi-language World since strings for translations are being held in game files. Therefore, store worlds were being translated with updates that came out in past. That's what I found, and what I think.
I've seen a person who have been trying to translate game in Ukrainian. As I saw, that is possible but really hard at the same time. It's hard to find all the strings from dlc when there're tons of game internal files ):