Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 12:29 AM
Default Posture In Social Interactions
Hi!
I'm new to modding and I started venturing with Sims4Studio and Mod Constructor.
I recently ran into an issue with custom social interactions (made by Constructor). Some animations don't play when the interaction between Sims is selected. The buffs/loots are triggered, but the animation just doesn't run. The context of this issue is specifically when Sims are seated.
For example: a greeting animation plays perfectly when Sims are standing, but it doesn't when they are seated (in this case, they don't get into a standing posture before the interaction, as with hug interactions, sharing photos, etc). I've tried a number of ways on my own to fix this so Sims get up before they do the interaction. I even tried using 'constraints' and 'posture preference', but honestly I don't know at this point what I'm doing right or wrong in the XML code, so I came here to ask for help, because it's a problem that really gets on my nerves (and my attempts to solve it too).
So, would anyone know how to get Sims to stand up if they are seated before engaging in social interaction?
PS: the animations I'm referring to are the game's own animations, I don't use custom ones
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Sep 2023 at 8:07 PM
Could you solve this issue? I'm having the same problem.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Dec 2023 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Naunakht : 5th Dec 2023 at 11:01 PM.
It would be great if someone could provide some tips on how to do this! I am running into the same problem with social mixers that require a standing animation. I've gotten around it by applying Required Postures under Tests:
<L n="tests">
<L>
<V t="posture">
<U n="posture">
<L n="required_postures">
<T>15537<!--posture_Stand--></T>
<T>30530<!--posture_MovingStand--></T>
<T>23832<!--posture_StandExclusive--></T>
</L>
<E n="subject">Actor</E>
</U>
</V>
</L>
</L>
However, this doesn't actually cause the Sim to transition from a seated position to a standing position. It just makes it so the interaction is only available when they are already standing. Can anyone explain how to force the change in posture, so that the mixer is available when the sim is sitting down, but choosing it will prompt them to stand? (These are not custom animations, they are repurposed in-game animations. They don't require the Actor and Listener to touch).