Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 7:34 PM
Default I'm making a Neanderthal mod
I'm making a Neanderthal mod that uses the scientific studies to dictate how they'll act in game.

They won't be stupid in the mod, however, but that's due to how history came up with the idea they were dumb.

Linked here: https://youtu.be/qDaWOVs5lZY

Neanderthals can get Prostate Cancer, Type 2 Diabetes, they can hunt animals, sleep in caves which will cause back problems and soreness, it has it's own custom icons and speech bubbles.

Another potential effect from diabetes is swelling of the eye lens, leading to blurry vision. If your blood sugar levels change quickly from low to normal, the shape of your eye's lens can be affected and your vision can be blurred. Your vision goes back to normal after your blood sugar stabilizes.

Your sim's blurred vision will affect every day activities like walking, writing, programming, etc. Because if the words on the screen are too small, it'll be hard to see them with blurred vision.

In total, blurred vision will slow down the learning of 22 skills.

Poor wound healing will affect all uncomfortable buffs.

If your sim gets the Ongoing Sugar rush buff, that buff will be replaced with "At HIGH risk of Type 2 Diabetes" which means that there is a risk you can get it.

Most of the buffs contain copy-pasted descriptions of what real Neanderthals were like.

There aren't many interactions because of the new update.

If you move your sim out while they have prostate cancer, whenever they move into a new lot, they'll pee themselves due to the cancer.

Your sim can die from cancer and go into a coma from low insulin levels due to diabetes.

I added these because Neanderthal DNA is said to be partly the reason for those two illnesses, this is why Neanderthal sims have a chance at getting those diseases. This mod has copy-pasted information on Diabetes and prostate cancer, so it can educate you a bit on the diseases as well.

There are 8 buff replacements, 12 new buffs, and around 5 new interactions.