Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2023 at 3:25 AM
Default Flashing Blue CC in Lots
Hi! Sorry if this is a repeat thread.

I'm a new lot uploader for TS2, and it seems like the majority of users are downloading the lots without issue, I've gotten a couple of cases of folks downloading my lots and having some CC flashing blue, even when I thoroughly checked that the necessary files are in the .sims2pack file. I'm new to this, so I'm trying to figure out whether there's some common mistake I'm making when I package and upload the lots. I'm providing details of the cases here for reference (though the thread is here):

Case 1 - a user downloaded Ryan Homes | Adrian Elevation C and all the CC flashed blue, and continued to do so after downloading the CC manually. (I'm not sure whether literally "all" the CC was blue or just the doors and windows, which are part of Honeywell's amazing Bespoke Build Set, which is most of the CC included and would visually overwhelm the lot if flashing blue.)

Case 2 - another user downloaded all six of my Allegheny lots (A, B, and C), and specified that only Honeywell's Bespoke Build Set and JRW's Stair Wall Fix were flashing blue. They said that after downloading them manually, everything was fine.

Case 3 - a user said that Huge Lunatic's Chic Recolorable Stairs were flashing red, but I'm pretty sure that's because I included the wrong recolor file in the download, so I adjusted and re-uploaded some weeks back. The user hasn't confirmed whether the issue is resolved.

Thanks in advance to anyone who's got some pointers!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2023 at 3:49 AM
Flashing blue items usually means you don't have the necessary master meshes for a set to work. The master meshes usually need to be installed before the lot, preferably before you go ingame and place the lot.

The lot file won't include master files if they aren't already on the lot, and may or may not include the correct recolors. If the lot only contains repo'd meshes, the items will flash blue.

Custom modular stairs usually need a script to work, so make sure you link back to the original (regular stairs usually don't require scripts or special instructions).

If you've used custom build items in your lots, make sure you link back to the originals if possible (here on MTS you usually have to), since some have special install instructions.

---

One instruction that can sometimes help if you're sure all the master files are included, is to install only the CC first, then install only the lot. The Clean Installer allows the user to do this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2023 at 7:12 PM
Thanks simmer22! This was helpful and got us to a resolution. Have a good one!