Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2023 at 3:05 PM
Default TS3to4 Conversion - Not sure Where I'm Going Wrong
Hello loves!

I'm currently in the process of making a Wonderland themed stuff pack, made up largely of TS3to4 conversions (Through the Spy-Glass sets, etc) as well as some original goodies. There appears to be an issue I'm facing with a couple of the objects though as part of the mesh which appears invisible in TS3 but not in TS4. For all intents and purposes, the TS4 conversion looks as it should in S4S in comparison to how the TS3 mesh looks in TSRW, but in-game is a different matter.

I've checked the alpha channels on both the S4S diffuse and spec dds files and both have this part of the mesh marked as black/fully transparent, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Any help is much appreciated.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2023 at 5:10 AM
TS3 mesh is probably using a shader to have transparent functionality on that part of the mesh.
I don't know what the TS4 equivalent is, but TS3 mesh groups have shaders defined in the Material property and will only render according to alpha information when using a shader that does that. Something similar on the TS4 side will probably allow these meshes to have the same functionality.

Found some info on the TS4 equivalent here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2023 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
TS3 mesh is probably using a shader to have transparent functionality on that part of the mesh.
I don't know what the TS4 equivalent is, but TS3 mesh groups have shaders defined in the Material property and will only render according to alpha information when using a shader that does that. Something similar on the TS4 side will probably allow these meshes to have the same functionality.

Found some info on the TS4 equivalent here.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I've been searching the S4S threads, but must have missed that one.

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.