Seasonal Maxis tree recolours and resized trees
1. Midbiscus series:
- Seasons-friendly shrubs in fours sizes, based on meshes by HystericalParoxysm. They have new GUIDs and do not overwite HP's.
- A smaller and a large version of the Midbiscus tree
- Three recolours based on HP's recolours in the thread linked above
2. Japanese maple: a dwarf and a large version, and a pink-purple recolour
3. Willow tree: a smaller version and a greener recolour
4. Bay tree: a smaller version and a purple recolour.
All trees are visible from neighbourhood view, and all except the willow occupy just one tile.
Note: Obviously, the seasonal changes only appear if Seasons is installed. The plants can also be used without Seasons, though: in that case only the summer state will appear.
Feel free to use the recolours to make more seasons-friendly recolours. Notes.
Many thanks to HystericalParoxysm for her liberal policy and to Echo for the tutorial.
(Pics show the original trees as well)
Poly counts are equal to the poly count of the original meshes except for the shrubby shrubs, where they are lower and the large maple, where they are higher.
All four shrubby shrubs:
Spring, Summer: 1724 f, 1803 v
Autumn: 1524 f, 1572 v
Winter: 1434 f, 1464 v
Large and small midbiscus:
Spring: 2782 f, 3013 v
Summer: 2826 f, 3061 v
Autumn: 1848 f, 1887 v
Winter: 1698 f, 1707 v
All: 4929 f, 5919 v
Warning: Both mine and the Maxis Bay tree are very high poly. Use sparingly!
All: 890 f, 971 v
except high snow state: 990 f, 1081 v
All: 1762 f, 1971 v
except high snow state: 1884 f, 2103 v
All: 1257 f, 1332 v
SimPE, Wings3D, GIMP, AnyGameStarter, UVMapper Pro
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Resized trees and recolours.zip
Size: 5.62 MB · Downloads: 8,968 · 19th Oct 2011
|5.62 MB||8,968||19th Oct 2011|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.